What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pipedream"s 150w Tiny Bubbler System

frame

:wave: Hay pipedream im about to start building my own cabnet butt i was gona bass it on wat you have done its very impresive but wats he yeild is it enuf to keep 1 person happely stoned how meany ounces off each :1help:
:smoweed:

:dance: oh and please keep us updated on yer plants :canabis:

Last edited:

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
frame - Yes, it's plenty to keep any serious stoner happy and have enough left over to entertain friends should you choose to do so.

I average between one and two ounces per plant, and with the staggered harvest, I can easily harvest at least one plant every two and a half weeks. You can do even better with a different strain that has a shorter flower time.

frame

do i need two different lights or can i use the one 150W HPS from seed to harvest i pretty much dont have a clue as to wat im doing but i learn as i go

Pipedream

Veteran
Again, that's what I do. Just the one lamp from seed right thru harvest. Although, I do sometimes use a cheap CFL for seedlings or new clones, but not always.

Pipedream

Veteran
Check out the first two pages of the thread. All of the basics are covered and explained in detail.

cloneX

Hi PipeDream Great thread read thru it several times but still not sure about what you call your "manifold-type system" with the air pumps. Is it possible you could explain this a little further with some pics would be great, thanx.
Love the system hope I can do the same sometime, but need to understand it fully before I try

Pipedream

Veteran
cloneX - With a typical DWC or Bubbler System, your air pumps are connected directly to your airstones & buckets with a direct piece of tubing running between them. Usually it's one airpump for each bucket, and there is no control other than to unplug the pump from the electrical outlet. With this system, the Manifold, which is the white PVC piping you see, is pressurized by the airpumps, and then each bucket gets its air supply by being connected to it thru a small valve. This allows just two pumps to service six buckets and having the valves gives individual control. I hope this cleasr things up a bit.

Last edited:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Pipedream.....your system inspires me all the time man. Right back to me changing my whole set-up. Well once again...everytime I come check out your thread I start thinkin I gotta switch to a bubbler. That said I'll be lookin for you to keep an eye on me. At some point in the next few months or so ...lets say....this year I'll be switching.

My question this morning is this...

How comfortable are you leaving for a few days to a week? how often do you HAVE to check on things?

I have to water everday and although I love it when I'm around, it sucks when I want to go out of town for a week.

Your system looks like it's dialed in bro.

Peace BG

Pipedream

Veteran
When I originally designed this system, I was still working and traveling quite a bit on business. I was often away for a few days at a time. Here's what I found out.... During early veg or the late stages flower when water consumption is low, its no problem going 5 or 6 days without a problem. In late veg and early flower when consumption is high, liquid must be added every few days. Of course all of this is besause I have no central reservoir and my buckets are tiny. I keep less than 1 gallon (4 liters) of liquid in them at any time. If I either increased the size of my tubs, or added a water feeder into them, I would easily be comfortable leaving them for 10 days. But, I sure would miss them.

Pipedream

Veteran
funk - You are correct sir, it is a bit far away. I can't really lower the light because, with my staggered harvest I often have different size plants going at the same time. To compensate for it, I raise a tub or pot when needed. You might be able to see a couple in that state in these pic's....

Last edited:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
OMFG ....lol... I see why the women like ya Pipe..... :yoinks:

lmao...maybe a girl named you pipedream? ...your cola is freakishly long man.

ha...how much did you get off each of those? I don't think I saw that harvest.

Peace

Pipedream

Veteran
Bonsai - The only reason the ladies may have any interest in this old fat man is because of my garden. I was at the cardiologist recently, and he asked me how things were going. I said "now that pot and food have replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants!"

One of the above plants had a 14-15 inch cola which wieghed just over an ounce once it was dried and cured. The rest of the same plant gave me about another half to three quarters of an ounce. But it was one of those real PITAs as it grew up past my main lamp.

Last edited:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
too funny man. well as Red Says...if they don't find ya handsome, they should find you handy.

Nice harvest man, but I see the PITA

Taker easy
BG

Pipedream

Veteran
It seems that I always start my seeds either in my basement or the garage. The problem is, during alot of the year, its cold in both places. Even too cold for small sprouts. So here's my answer.

My new Germination and Sprouting Warmer. You can always find these things in garage & rumage sales for just a dollar or two. The issue with them is, they generally run at about 170 to 190 degrees F. Easy enough to fix though. The addition of a cheap light dimmer and a utility box and we're good-to-go. Temps can now be set anywhere you want them. All you'll need is a decent thermometer to know what they are. I've already marked the 80 degree point on the face of my box, and will likely add a few more points as well. If this is of interest to you, keep this one thing in mind. The set-up has no thermostat associated with it, you are just limiting current flow. As such, the temp will swing a few degrees as the ambient temps in your room go up and down. But hell, they do that in nature all the time.

Regards to all, PD

Latest posts

Latest posts