What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pinkie Pie

bf80255

"Pinkie" Plant 3
20161213_085639.jpg

20161213_085655.jpg

20161213_085803.jpg

20161213_085856.jpg

20161213_085939.jpg

bf80255

Killed my male today after a trich rub smell test
I took a smell last week and was really excited because the fruity almost starburst like aroma that came off of it is exactly what im looking to get into the Aline but when I smelled it today (multiple branches) it was heavily berry leaning with a smidge of menthol and some green smells on the back end. I wouldn't describe him as typical MBC (menthol berry cheese) expression because the gassy menthol aroma is only a secondary aroma while in the full purple female expressions it is very heavily mentholated and the funk from the cheese is entirely absent as far as I can tell. He almost seems to be a perfect combination of the fruity/citrus and MBC phenos or maybe its just that the fruity/citrus is a less mature version of the MBC? no clue but im sure Pinkie will start lettin me in on all her secrets after a few more generations :D

F7 select (pink balls) Male: Heavy berry + light menthol

Some Pics of the grow/fish room from this morning

and Some of the rejects I put under the HPS to make use of the wasted side lighting and give my select females more breathing room and access to light are starting to look like theyll produce some decent buds ill be chopping around day 65-80 to put into my jars :p and of course for dabbery! :smoking::hookah:

Note: all of them are purple and frosty but they are low yielders

20161215_124114.jpg

20161215_124140.jpg

20161215_124338.jpg

20161215_124233.jpg

20161215_124225.jpg

Dakine

Veteran
I wish there was A way to self pollinate and make Standard seeds and not just femninized ones.. I'e wanted to make seeds for the longest time. But have the option of making my own cross without increasing the chance of bringing the hermie genes out if theyre very present in the strain already...

Do you like thta menthol fruity smell? Just thinking about it makes me go "eww" lol.. Are you trying to isolate A certain smell into the cross?
So what else needs to be done, in order to stabalize the cross? Do you know where your going to b releasing the end results at? Also at what price range?

Keep it Up Bro!

bf80255

@dakine

Why would you want to self pollinate to make regs when you could just support a breeder and buy a pack of regs?? thats stoner science, breeding with fems absolutely will not increase the degree of intersex traits within a line unless they are already there and the breeder is making poor selections for intersex plants.

Yes I like the Menthol Berry Cheese very much otherwise I would have isolated and eliminated it like I did with my vomit pheno. Its not a cross and yes I am trying to isoalte each unique terp profile into its own seperate and distinct line.. I need to keep breeding till all the traits im aftert reach a level of homozygosity within the population that I am satisfied with.

No I dont know where I will release them, locally of course and im sure on auction as well.

Thank you

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great answer! Oh, I agree with you 100%!! Why would you want to self pollinate to make regs when you could just support a breeder and buy a pack of regs?? thats stoner science, breeding with fems absolutely will not increase the degree of intersex traits within a line unless they are already there and the breeder is making poor selections for intersex plants.

I guess Dakine is not familiar with licorice mints that are everywhere in Europe. Yumm!! Menthol Berry Cheese ....similar to port cheese balls...yum!

Dakine

Veteran
lol I clearly said it would be cool if I could self pollinate A plant without bringing the hermie traits out if they where already present in the genes to begin with.. jeeez lol not stoner science more like pharma med science haha...

I would gladly support certain breeders and buy reg seeds from them.. But it would still be awesome if I had an Elite Clone Only strain. Then someone figured out how to self pollinate and create standard seeds and not just fems...

Damn bro, A vomit Pheno HAHA that sounds intense! I seriously thought u where only trying to make A couple different strains with very low variation in its line... Does the menthol come off really strong? I'd think t would turn some people off but be unique enough for some people to want/chase after.

No im actually not familiar with those mints haha.. Mints aren't really popular where I'm from..Plants are looking good my friend!

bf80255

@dakine oh i guess you did lol my bad.

nah its difficult to describe, Ive been doing a lot of wine tasting in an attempt to develop my palette and learn better descriptors that apply to terpenes/aromas but its a long and difficult process. Thanks man.

UPDATE
Will update with pics soon, Life is really kickin my ass right now lol but everything is still going smoothly!

Group 1
Finally started seeing balls on my CS treated plants!!!! The MH bulb is really not doing as well in flower as I had hoped but its not horrendous, just not what I would like to see, will definitely go 100% HPS next run.

Group 2
Some of these girls are already shaping up to be very special plants and have even outpaced some of the low yielders from group 1, everybody is extremely colorful... so much so I can barely tell which mom (light purple) they came from, if not for labeling, looks like dad passed on a lot of his traits (dark purple)

Starting to get annoyed with the fungus gnats and whiteflies, considering a little organic pesticide application just to keep the populations in check till I finish out this run but I really hate using anything, Id rather just finish up and start fresh if I can :D

bf80255

Group 2 UPDATE!!!! Day 40
@Seedlin suggested I make a video so I snapped a quick 1 minute run through of the group 2 gals while my lights were off.

Stable traits
-Frost
-Purple/Pink buds
-Green leaves (easier to diagnose illness)

Gets me really excited going into the F8!!!! :D

https://youtu.be/PQ4cL44vG-w

UPDATE Group 1 Day 73
Male parts forming on all 4 plants that I have been treating with the Tmist, still spraying once a day until I start collecting pollen. I will probably use all 4 reversed females pollen on seperate plants and pollinate all plants to properly smoke test and then select for next generation. I will more than likely run some more F6 Aline to get more of the pink vs dark purple bud but overall the project is coming along very well and I am extremely satisfied with the results!!!

20161231_133119.jpg

20161231_080943.jpg

20161230_202208.jpg

After lots and lots and lots ( I really really mean it) of searching I think I have finally decided on the pperfect line of autos to make my first official Pinkie Pie cross with... its another pink budded, sativa dom, highly inbred, frosty as shit, pink pistiled auto!!!! More updates to come! stay tuned! ;)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds great....good luck with it. It's a never ending project getting the best genetic lineage for robust autos.
Happy New Year!

bf80255

I always love the look when the leaves start curling over, thick with trichs and you can catch glimpses of that striking purple peeking out from under, very pretty IMO.

IMG_20161224_083334_628.jpg

Heres My selection for the dark Mamma, shes extremely resinous and produces some very nice buds, unfortunately all the plants I grew out under the MH have a looser bud structure than I care for but im positive had she been grown under an HPS shed be a monster. Aromas: Pronounced Berry, light Cheese, very light menthol on the finish.

Shes got the smell, color, size, vigor, and bud structure im after :) so shes passing on her genes!
Here she is around day 70 (pollinated and CS'd Branch)

IMG_20161224_162229_096.jpg

IMG_20161230_082555_209.jpg

Here is my selection for Pink Mamma
This girl really is the full package Ultra resinous, Fantastic aromas, beautiful bud structure, Pink buds shes an all around winner in my book! will use her on a couple of nice Group 2 females to test progeny and see how they come out.

Aroma:Citrus, Berry, Cheese
Day 70ish
See the pips towards the bottom of the pic?

IMG_20161225_120713_634.jpg

IMG_20161230_062345_757.jpg

Dakine

Veteran
I really love the look of purple buds when theres no purple on the leaves, and the lleaves are A dark or very light green. Shows how much work A breeder put into the strain, sometimes it couldve been A one time fluke through A cross pollination though lol..

BUT we know you specifically selected and bred certain plants to get these results.. I love the group 2 plants.. Nice calyx structure and very resony.. Damn man f8, your doing this right. I would love to see them grown in big pots under optimal conditions.

If all the plants look that good and are autos. Ill make sure to start saving up to grab some. Im also saving for some of Aris Autos, I got sick and forgot to grab them when I Was supposed to. Im so bummed out..

bf80255

So I clipped the reversed branches off of 3 of 4 of my treated females, scrapped darkstars (not a big yielder) and kept the ideal one going since its just starting to form male parts. These 2 gals on the other hand are already starting to open up and will begin dropping pollen soon. Placed both in a cup of water under a cfl bulb with a white piece of paper beneath, now to wait :D

20170105_131950.jpg

20170105_132008.jpg

20170105_170908.jpg

notice how 1 is pink and the other is purple? did that for a reason ;)

bf80255

Group 2 update
Cleaned up the lower crap that was just dying and creating space/attracting bugs (normally I do it a bit earlier but Ive been swamped :/ still no excuse tho) took all the girls out and did individual pics to document and reorganized them under the light after I raised it a bit. I also removed all the bud sites up to 6 inches above the soil (I use my thumb and pinkie, outstreched as a makeshift ruler) so I dont get a bunch of scraggly useless popcorn buds later on and the plants can divert energy to the main cola and fat side nugs.

20170105_083107.jpg

20170105_083101.jpg

20170105_083055.jpg

20170105_083051.jpg

I also transplanted the 3 cup girls I had into 1 gallons to grow to there max potential (fuck anybody who says not to transplant autos!!! :p )

bf80255

Remember me?

20170105_082239.jpg

20170105_082330.jpg

20170105_082257.jpg

20170105_082524.jpg

Day 75 of the Jameson grow, IDK how much longer ill be taking her but shes still packin it on so for now ill keep her goin....

bf80255

I finished the layouts of each plant at day 40 (20/4 the past few weeks)
and I wanted to share them with yall so without further ado, here they are. lemme know what your guys opinions are or which plants you might have selected for breeding, aromas havent fully developed just yet so I want to save the smell test for a few more weeks but Ill do fresh layout of them at day 60, 70, 80 and maybe 90. There are a few that have lost there name tags and the 3 cup transplants too but none of them were anything special so i said meh and skipped them lol.

oh and btw for me its lookin like #5 and #11 are pulling ahead of the pack :p

IMG_20170107_122543.jpg

IMG_20170107_122656.jpg

IMG_20170107_122820.jpg

IMG_20170107_152241.jpg

IMG_20170107_152503.jpg

sorry about the picture quality my camera sucks