What's new

Pink Salad Grow

BadMojo

is this a lowrider cross?

I believe so. Well Distantly anyhow. It is from SGS seeds. I think one of its parents pinkbud had diesel ryder and mossy jems in it.

Not sure about the other parent Fruit Salad.

I would say they both had lowryder in at least their Great Grandparents.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can add further information about pink salad for anyone interested,
If this spoils your thread in anyway I'm happy to edit it.

Firstly was the creation of fruit salad , this was secret citrus in its very early Af stages crossed with dj shorts blueberry.
Several lines came out of this, out of a large selection 2 identical females were found and labeled 'super indica' , one was a green phenotype and the other was coloured. But the plant structure, bud formation and smoke were nigh on identical.
It was noted that the plants were as wide as they were tall, very squat and dense with huge fan leaves.
Branching was limited to a few sets that would nearly equal the height of the main cola and support chunky nuggets.
The potential for an Autoflower sea of green was recognised, and the breeding from there on out was focused with that in mind.

Fruit salad is a nice strain by itself, it has a sweet, fruity but not over powering odour, colour in each generation came through and was locked down with males displaying subtle hints of colouration.

At the same time a plant was being worked on that contained some interesting and complimentary traits that could further enhance fruit salad.

Pink bud was an accidental pollination of a mossys jem plant by a diesel Ryder, but a happy accident as it turned out.
The offspring were grown out, and several plants were seen to have an unusual bud structure, profuse buds of colour but with an airy composition, this trait still randomly crops up but is rare.
Colour was abundant, but siding to deep purples commonly, however there were a much smaller percentile that had beautiful pink flowers and the choice for future selection was to use these pink examples and the name pink bud was coined.
Favourable traits in the pink bud were a very sticky and oily resin profile and an overpowering deep dank smell.

The lines were worked on and stabilised separately for several generations until there was an opportunity to breed an F1 cross from a large enough population to sift through for the best individual candidates.

A limited edition cross was made and grown out and it was decided that the new hybrid had the most potential for future work as the new plants emerging were greater than the sum of both parent lines.

There is still variation in the line, but nothing too drastic and it is actually a pleasure to grow them in number and compare them.

I still love to grow Af sogs and we plan to grow out some new Non -Af x pink salad crosses with the aim for higher potency and higher production.

Hope that helps, Mitch

Latest posts

Latest posts