What's new

Pine oil

quadracer

so is this used only as a foliar? Sounds very very promising. I wonder how it compares to garlic extract.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah how did it work out lovelightpower?

I havent got around to it yet but have some clones i might try a little experiment wiv... :chin:

metamorf

Well, when I did a foliar spraying last night I used a soap made from pine oil as a surfactant. It contains 28% pine oil and I used about a tsp to a liter of water. So far so good.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I've been looking for something reliable for outdoor growing, especially for when flowering begins. I still cannot understand if they are speaking about pine oil as a water additive with feeding, alone with water, or just as a foliar spray... also, how often?

There is an organic product by Safer called 3 in 1 which has sulfur as its primary ingredient. It is OMRI certified. Is sulfur undesirable? This product is supposed to protect against insects, mold and mildew.
http://www.saferbrand.com/instructions/3in1gardenspray.asp
http://www.planetnatural.com/site/garden-spray.html?id=r7TpQ2jX:24.98.37.12

Unless this 3 in 1 harms MJ somehow and aside from pine oil possibly increasing yield, would this be a bad product instead?

lovelightpower

Veteran
well i used it at the 5ml to 100ltr ratio,
well didn't look like it harmed them, not as good for insect control as what i would have liked. i tried uping the dose today, i also added 1 drop per 2 ltrs of tea tree oil.

quadracer

Hey guys I have a little secret to share with you all.

There is this place called "Monterey Bay Spice Co" that sells bulk herbs and spices to the public for wholesale prices, you can get some amazing deals.

They also have essential oils, including pine oil. I want to experiment with a combination of a few to try to rid some plants of spidermites, they always seem to pop up.

Seems like a combination of pine oil, tea tree oil, and peppermint might work, they have cayenne oil listed in their catalog.

http://www.herbco.com/c-4-essential-oils.aspx

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
While looking up solutions to rust mold i came across this. Does anyone have useful solutions for rust mold prevention? Other than controlling environmental parameters. I had a fan go out in a small veg area for a few days and i got hit by what i'm pretty sure is rust mold.

The pine oil sounds like it might be of limited use, but i was wondering if anyone had any real world experience using it against molds/mildews. I sprayed my plants down with a combination of lavender and H2O2 and that seems to have helped for the time being. Hydrogen peroxide is great for getting rid of mold spores this i know from other endeavors.

thanks in advance :)

Remember when I was a child getting pine tree sap all over the place playing in the woods.

The stickiest stuff on the planet, almost like tar.

Is that the same stuff, pine oil = pine sap ?

If so, im gonna have to start collecting it.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The oil is more purified.

I am sure the sap would have a % of essential oil.

Its also stored in the pine needles.