What's new

Pigs came to my house for an unrelated matter.

I dont think the noise is cause for concern, but im confused about how the police view marijuana.I know you say your not worried about your wife and kids and im sure you know more about laws there than i do but... i just recently posted a thread on a lady in new zealand who had her child taken beacuse trace amounts of thc were found in the mothers breast milk. The police chief there associated this with "family violence and child abuse".

Yes unfortunately a mother did have her child taken off of her, however I believe it is dealt with on a case by case basis, and our Child Youth and Family Service (CYFS) is very busy as it is. I think we would probably get investigated, which I could understand, but ultimately they would NOT find any traces of cannabis in my kids hair, skin, or blood. My kids are never allowed any where near my grow room, and we never smoke while the kids are awake (or inside for that matter).

B

BasementGrower

u have weed in ur house bro.. ur kids will find it eventually and smoke it .

I no longer use inline fans like everyone else since even with speed control on the lowest it sounds like a jet engine. You can use the same carbon filter with a panasonic whisper fan from this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=45196&highlight=panasonic

All you have to do is glue whatever size ducts you need on the intake and exhaust and just plug the filter into it. Some bending is required with the rectangular exhaust. Weaker than an inline, but much quieter. My 6" elicent is now just gathering dust in my attic.

zerotheheronz

i know that feeling, couple of years back an elderly woman went missing in hamilton and the cops were doing house to house searches in the general area asking to check backyards and crawl spaces under homes.
i had a grow in the garage at the time and wasn't home on the day, apparently a uniform wandered into the backyard and had a poke around, asked some questions and left, close f**king call!! especially since i had just started then and had little to no odor control.
best sound proofing solution i've encountered is the DIY 15 or 20 litre plastic pail, cut holes at each end to fit ducting, buy some poly fill from payless or similar, use some chicken wire to hold the poly and pad it round circumference of the pail to within an inch or 2 of the holes you cut, cost me round $30 vs $99 for the silencer at SOG which i found wasn't as effective
i found in conjunction with some insulated ducting it reduced the noise by about 50%.
Could get some cheapo foam mattresses and stand them up round the tent or against the walls on the "at risk" end of the garage, that'll cut it even further and won't break the bank.

intotheunknown

Veteran
man i wouldnt be all that worried about it... could have been your dryer running (unless that was visible by them and was confirmed not running)

could have been a lot of things...
and trust me a cop hears some noise coming from a garage, you really think he automatically thinks its a duct fan? or you really think hes trained to listen for duct fans? lots of similar noises come out of garages, and that isnt abnormal at all...

i do the same thing, i freak myself out over noises and shit like that. but the only reason i freak myself out is because i actually know what its for or is causing the noise, or whatever it may be.

i bet he thought absolutely nothing of it.

but hey trust your gut. set the paranoia aside and listen to your gut instinct. (it is hard but try it)

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day KK

From what I`ve sussed out re silencers . 3 times the duct diameter in length lined with acoustic foam . eg . 8 inch fan 24 inch long pipe lined with foam .

EB .

zerotheheronz

there's been a lot of busts here in Nz based purely on "i heard what i suspected was drug factory ventilation sound when i approached the defendant's door".
We don't have a constitution, no 4th amendment and no protections from unreasonable search and seizure, especially if they find something, ends justify the means and all that..
but if you stay under the radar and take care of the basics, odor, sound and suspicious behavior, the ratio of cops vs citizens means (excepting pure circumstance) you can easily go without being caught..

pitbullfan

Wow...I can't even imagine life without a constitution (Especially 1st and 4th amendments). Although here in the USA it seems like more and more people are either unaware we even have it, or don't care. Seems like every day they chip away at it. Eventually we won't have one either.

R03

I would not worry at all.

As said before, many people have laundry machines, and dryers in their garage.
There is usually more to LEO suspecting something, other than a sound to go on, usually LEO never mentions the most important fact. The officer's discretion. The people they encountered, more info needed to result in something happening.

Your visit was just a normal day to LEO, they went to your place, talked to your wife, the end.