What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Simply irresistible...The force is strong in this one....less of the church frankincense side of the haze, but .... Whats clear from seeing, growing, smoking and smelling, and crossing out further with other of chi's "incense haze" outcrosses and then the ISS outcross (the simply irresistible), is that the ISS cross is not an outcross but sorta a backcross to a common haze hybrid parent line. I can almost guarantee that ISS has no skunk in it, like breeder steve says growing the s1 and haze cross, and is NL5Ax SPG and the incense haze cross is just doubling up on those terps that make haze, haze..That presence that fills a room when lit, or even squeezed...even months later dry and brown, the force is STILL strong.. I may be repeating an earlier post, apologies if I am..The terps were uniform in the "cross" though form was from haze to hybrid..all were longer flowerers the most hybrid in form was the later one to trigger, would trigger only at almost 6 weeks into 12/12 LOL and then make these huge leg sized buds..terps same on all..HazeNL..

Last edited:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
You're right the Sweet Skunk #10 clone should have been called Sweet Haze instead. Never tried the Simply Irresistible but Sweet Skunk on it's own leave a great incencey smell in the room when smoked. To me Sweet Skunk pedigree is SPG x (NL5/Haze C) and I bet Uptown haze have also Haze C in it's lineage... Uptown Haze is probably just an old NL5 x Haze C from The Seed Bank, maybe crossed at some point with other genetics due to the numerous different batches floating in NYC. Even the Black Haze in Florida looks like an old NL5 X Haze C clone to me. People have also noticed in the past the common feature when comparing Uptown and SSH, and they are both Haze C progeny. Some "Silver Haze" get also mentioned numerous times as being an old favourite there...

I will listen to the A.Dunn show tonight, I can't wait to hear what they have to say about it.

RingtailCanyon

Here’s some BH7 and simply irresistible and mango haze inbred. I haven’t tried the bandaid 7 yet but the SI is very church.
thanks for the Adam Dunn link limeygreen.

Attachments

• photo2102993.jpg
    photo2102993.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 47
  • photo2102994.jpg
    photo2102994.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 42
  • photo2102995.jpg
    photo2102995.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 45
  • photo2102997.jpg
    photo2102997.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 46

Paul-n-Chukka

Heads up to those who watch that dunn crap. His guest Piff Coast is an absolute fraud.
His piff s1 is actually from bottlenecked bagseed. Although he tries to claim deals with Dominican organized crime.
Anyways the so-called S1 is worthless in his fem reversals as it comes from a longline of bagseed perpetuation.
All turned out dwarf.

Attachments

• photo2103005.png
    photo2103005.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 59

Piff_cat

This guy Paul is a real retard. Piff s1 isn't piffcoasts he just delfed it and made a selection. If he could read he'd know that. Topdawg brought piff s1 to community from doggystyle d its well known. Starting with uptown brown. Piffcoadt never claimed to be involved with doninicans. He just has their clones. This Paul guy is everything that's wrong with these new growers who don't kno shit. Hating ass loser

Bnyest

You're right the Sweet Skunk #10 clone should have been called Sweet Haze instead. Never tried the Simply Irresistible but Sweet Skunk on it's own leave a great incencey smell in the room when smoked. To me Sweet Skunk pedigree is SPG x (NL5/Haze C) and I bet Uptown haze have also Haze C in it's lineage... Uptown Haze is probably just an old NL5 x Haze C from The Seed Bank, maybe crossed at some point with other genetics due to the numerous different batches floating in NYC. Even the Black Haze in Florida looks like an old NL5 X Haze C clone to me. People have also noticed in the past the common feature when comparing Uptown and SSH, and they are both Haze C progeny. Some "Silver Haze" get also mentioned numerous times as being an old favourite there...

I will listen to the A.Dunn show tonight, I can't wait to hear what they have to say about it.

Haze A not C. No Jacky terps in piff

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Does the A or the C give those churchy spicy hazey incense jack terps, the "presence" ? Im not refering to the frankincense. I'm under the impression its the A?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Does the A or the C give those churchy spicy hazey incense jack terps, the "presence" ? Im not refering to the frankincense. I'm under the impression its the A?

Isnt church = frankie cuz on in churches they use frankeincese ?

Didnt smoke haze C but NL5/hazeC dosent smell on church more on sandalwood-pine-its not rich on nose like franke while burn its more of soft smell and warm...and not so agressive.

Haze A didnt smoke,but NL/hazeA have this church like smell but not so warm its not refined more of church combined with pine and something woody........

I found 3 prototipes haze burn smell through years.

1.Its citrus orange/blood orange Rich frankeincense with added camhpor/rosemary note. Jack H

2.Rich Incense/sandalwood/pine with added sweetness and creaminess. A5

3.Rich Camphor/eucaliptus/pine/chedar/lemon grass BandaidH7

2,3. I dont consider ''church'' smells but Haze and oriental yes.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Thanks for that...OK the smell that I get off the incense haze x ISS aka simply irresistibles, are Rich Camphor/eucalyptus/pine/incense(nag champa)/sandlewood...with the presence but not frankincense.. Strange though that with frankincense I don't generally taste that when smoking but as soon as lit the room smells rich in it..Must be alcohol esters or those other much louder than terps chemicals?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Thanks for that...OK the smell that I get off the incense haze x ISS aka simply irresistibles, are Rich Camphor/eucalyptus/pine/incense(nag champa)/sandlewood...with the presence but not frankincense.. Strange though that with frankincense I don't generally taste that when smoking but as soon as lit the room smells rich in it..Must be alcohol esters or those other much louder than terps chemicals?

Yes most SSH and others are like that dosent taste but you can smell it in the air.

But some cuttings of that lineages have in mouth Frankie as well....

:smoker:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Haze A not C. No Jacky terps in piff

That's what I thought for a while but there was no Haze A involved in any commercial releases Nevil did before 97, when he made the Neville Haze... And I don't think A5 ever made it's way to US until recently.

The NL5 Haze and other commercial releases made end of 80's and early 90's were only with Haze C male.

RingtailCanyon

The guy Issac in the adam Dunn piff interview. He says something about the NLHZ seeds coming from Ed rosenthal or some shit like that. Alluding to it being the elusive NL5HZA.
Really annoying show btw. How many people do they actually need to talk over the guests? Adam Dumn is good enough at that by himself. Potcast is the best show out there so far.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The guy Issac in the adam Dunn piff interview. He says something about the NLHZ seeds coming from Ed rosenthal or some shit like that. Alluding to it being the elusive NL5HZA.
Really annoying show btw. How many people do they actually need to talk over the guests? Adam Dumn is good enough at that by himself. Potcast is the best show out there so far.

hehe I remember Bodhi putting up with Adam and Igor his helper. I would have walked out. Hope Adam has calmed down a bit, I can hope.

olday

Veteran
couldn’t agree more, 3+ hour show with maybe 30 min of informative content. I would have been annoyed if I was Issac too. Pot cast does a great job as does growcast

Latest posts

Latest posts