What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
“Bag-seed from Heights Haze(Piff) from Washington Heights, Manhattan, New York. Haleys Comet was tested at mcr labs as the highest thc strain in Mass. in ‘14 at 27.2% thc.“

https://phylos.bio/variety/PGT-193160/haleys-comet

I dont recall any 'cat piss' in the piff i purchased in NYC.
More like an earthy, incensey, woody profile.

"piff" used to be all the rage, but, no one seems to have scored a cut of it, or made seeds; to my knowledge anyway.

I asked around for a cut, many moons ago, and was told 'dominicans hold it pretty tightly.'

who knows if they even still bother with it....with all the Gorilla Glues and girl scout cookie.....{insert high yielding strain of the week here}

fwiw

-cap

mctasty

It is such a shame. We live in an Instagram era were people only grow for picture / looks. I feel like that is why a lot of the modern strains are so popular, because people can post them and look cool to the average newbie.

I was talking to a younger cousin in NYC yesterday and I asked him if good Sour still comes around, he replied "Sour? wtf, Sour? that some old ass weed cuz, we got the GSC and the Ice cream now"

Damn shame people don't know quality any more.

I dont recall any 'cat piss' in the piff i purchased in NYC.
More like an earthy, incensey, woody profile.

"piff" used to be all the rage, but, no one seems to have scored a cut of it, or made seeds; to my knowledge anyway.

I asked around for a cut, many moons ago, and was told 'dominicans hold it pretty tightly.'

who knows if they even still bother with it....with all the Original Glues and girl scout cookie.....{insert high yielding strain of the week here}

fwiw

-cap

Unmapped

Vado

With the first comment i dont really agree ,Becaz majority of those kush threads arent about kus they are about chemdawg hybrids

The second comment i agree with have have said since my first posting here ,There are many different cuts/grades/haze hybrids .With piff being a newer term that i wouldnt exspect ayone who uses the term to know of the best quality NYC haze caz wen the term became popular the quality already started to decline

Ottoman

Your whole post was Great and i agree with for the most part ,the backround isnt know or cared about by 98% of these growers ,the quality differ for several reasons and sadly the franks is becoming more like christmas dinner

Now id like to say much respect but this opinion has come from many that all the NYC haze comes from florida,Id say unless your from NYC you cannot comment on this without first hand knowledge.I know for fact that there is haze being grown in NYC aswell as comin in from FL.

Best wishes on the future plans of the project

1luvbigherb

Hey bruv, I’ve been religiously following the church/piff landrace since the late 90s trying to get cuts. Have you ever been able to identify or recreate that dykman perfection, or does the search go on?

I tried to PM you but couldn’t figure out how that works on this forum.

Zomboy

Veteran
Hey bruv, I’ve been religiously following the church/piff landrace since the late 90s trying to get cuts. Have you ever been able to identify or recreate that dykman perfection, or does the search go on?

I tried to PM you but couldn’t figure out how that works on this forum.

You need to reach the minimum post count to PM

purp&kush

just grabbed

Top dawgs chem d x piffs1/mangoa5,

African haze#2×piffs1/mangoa5.

looking to cope some cbh haze seeds from an ig

Grower that look amazing. Gotta find that

Spicy incense basement musty funk.[/B]

Last edited:

PiffCoastFarms

Here are a few pics of the haze cuts that I’ve gathered over the years.

This one was given to me as uptown haze aka brown haze
picture.php

This is Cuban black haze on the left and redline haze on the right
picture.php

A few phenos of my piffs2 line (PiffS1 reversal)
picture.php

Redline haze
picture.php

Cuban black haze
picture.php

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Thank you for preserving these genetics and offering them in seed form. I can't wait to get some myself.

Haven't seen it in over a decade but I can still remember the smell of the blacks like I have a bag in front of me.

To this day, I've never smelled anything else quite like that.

It smells potent, to say the least. Take a whiff of Cuban Black or any of the real piffs and there's no doubt what you're smelling.

That Redline looks so good and very similar to black, I'd like to grow that one, too.

Looking forward to getting some seeds of your lines and getting some real haze back into my lungs. I've also got an old head uncle that would be thrilled to see real Cuban Black again.

PiffCoastFarms

Thank you for preserving these genetics and offering them in seed form. I can't wait to get some myself.

Haven't seen it in over a decade but I can still remember the smell of the blacks like I have a bag in front of me.

To this day, I've never smelled anything else quite like that.

It smells potent, to say the least. Take a whiff of Cuban Black or any of the real piffs and there's no doubt what you're smelling.

That Redline looks so good and very similar to black, I'd like to grow that one, too.

Looking forward to getting some seeds of your lines and getting some real haze back into my lungs. I've also got an old head uncle that would be thrilled to see real Cuban Black again.

There’s nothing better ???

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Looking forward to germinating my Cuban Black Haze S1's.

Can't wait to smoke it, too. Love the work Piff Coast Farms is doing with Haze.