What's new

pictures of nitrogen excess with red stems

compost

I have been getting completely red stems on this one strain I have acquired recently. At first I thought it was poor P uptake because my soil was a tad cold and wet. However none of the other plants are the same and I am starting to think its excess nitrogen as the leaves are pretty dark on those same plants well the other plants are light green with no red/purple in the stem. I don't see the same problem in flowering with the same clones. Any pictures would be great.:tiphat:

compost

Huh was hoping for N lol. Ille get some pictures the entire stem of the plant except the newest 1 inch of growth is completely red/purple all the way to the soil. Not sure grimcreeper but it is a keeper. The ones in flowering are coated 2 or 3 times as much as my white rhino.

j242

Some strains have red stems. I have grown at least 2. One with completely red stems from seed to chop and another that developed them in veg and until chop.

picture.php

Last edited:

grimcreeper

I get purple stems on my bubblegums for the first three weeks or so. Ever seen red sap on a plant? It's crazy looking.

compost

Here is some pictures. I did look more today and saw that the stem about an inch or 2 above the ground was not red. Besides that and the newest 1inch of growth on the plant the rest is red/purple. The plants don't look bad and Ive never had a stem turn like this. Again it could have been the cold roots since the same clones in flowering show no symptoms and they are on the same KISS program although a smaller dosage.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 7
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 11

NorcalBob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your plant is fine, I promise you. The first signs of high N would be super green/blue leafs and mild leaf tip burn. Your more then likely going to have some nice purple smoke with the right nighttime temps. Consider yourself gifted and lifted sir~

Latest posts

Latest posts