What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Physicians React: Are They Taking Right Path Now With Pain Management and Opioids?

Gry

Veteran
This past Sunday when the storm hit here, I let two homeless people stay in my laundry room to get them
out of the weather. In the middle of the night I heard screaming .
One of them had done a puff of fentanyl, and fell out on the floor floor.
No pulse, eyes rolled back in their sockets, skin was cool and clammy.
I keep a supply of Narcan in my fridge.
It took repeated packs of Narcan to revive him. He is alive and OK now.
The fentanyl is everywhere, and we are only going to see more of the stuff.
Heard this morning of a ten year old who died as a result of taking a single puff
of a cannabis joint, they suspect that he may not have even known that it had been
laced with the stuff.
I would urge everyone to procure the reversal drug Narcan, you can get it at just about
any drug store. The stuff is easy as can be to use, open the package, shove it in their nose
and push the red button to squirt the stuff in.
Bear in mind it was created to be used on traditional opiates, the fentanyl is much stronger,
so that it may take repeated doses to bring someone back.

Gry

Veteran
This past Sunday when the storm hit here, I let two homeless people stay in my laundry room to get them
Heard this morning of a ten year old who died as a result of taking a single puff
of a cannabis joint, they suspect that he may not have even known that it had been
laced with the stuff.
I would urge everyone to procure the reversal drug Narcan, you can get it at just about
any drug store. The stuff is easy as can be to use, open the package, shove it in their nose
Bear in mind it was created to be used on traditional opiates, the fentanyl is much stronger,

daleharris

laced with the stuff.
Nope. Not going to do it and call me any names you want but Darwin is right. Won’t endorse spending billions on these types who will never stop. That money is better spent on educating kids and taking care of people who are sick through NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.

GenghisKush

laced with the stuff.

Good job, respect to you for caring for another in distress.

Just yesterday I grumbled to myself of the price of Narcan at my pharmacy, 50 USD. I weighed that against the likelihood that I'd need the stuff and decided to keep my money. Now I'm going to find a more wallet-friendly option.

Gry

Veteran
Good job, respect to you for caring for another in distress.

Just yesterday I grumbled to myself of the price of Narcan at my pharmacy, 50 USD. I weighed that against the likelihood that I'd need the stuff and decided to keep my money. Now I'm going to find a more wallet-friendly option.
If you contact the local health department, I am pretty sure they will hand it out 2 packs at a time for no
cost.

GenghisKush

If you contact the local health department, I am pretty sure they will hand it out 2 packs at a time for no
cost.

I ordered a kit from here.

WHAT IS NEXT Distro?

An online and mail-based harm reduction service designed to reduce opioid overdose death, prevent injection-related disease transmission, and improve the lives of people who use drugs.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Narcan can be a life-saver, but some dealers are cutting fentanyl with another drug- xylazine or "tranq", a drug used by veterinarians. it can do the same thing to you as fentanyl, but the Narcan will not reverse it. you die...