What's new

Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainDankness

I don't get it. Am I in the Phylos news thread...? All of these random unrelated comments have me wondering.

It's took a turn, now it's an all out conspiracy theory thread and boy do I have theories. :biggrin:

But I don't want to get banned, so I'm going to keep quiet. Just seems like most of the big players are real good friends IMHO. :huggg:

shaggyballs

Veteran
I don't get it. Am I in the Phylos news thread...? All of these random unrelated comments have me wondering.

The hope is to get the thread so far off topic it gets deleted.
Its ok I will just start another in spite.:biggrin:
Keep up the good work boys, doin' one hell of a job.:tiphat:
689790_1.jpg

frostqueen

Okay, sorry fer bitching, guys. Just curious if there have been any new developments. I'm not sure what else we can really expect to hear on this. BigCannaPharma is going to do whatever tf they want to; that's the sad reality here. I find some comfort in knowing that it will never impact my own work.

I would be curious if anyone would admit it here if Phylos tried to buy rights from them to some of the rarer genotypes in the Galaxy. I don't really see them reviving old tissue when they could just buy the original from the breeder who had it sequenced. What would your price be? Would $10K motivate you? Less? More?

The main reason I offered up samples during the 'free' period was to verify that some of my cultivars were legit. And guess what? Turns out that half of all of the strains in that stupid unicorn-skittle-scat galaxy are misnamed.

With time I'm sure some of the legit clusters will grow, but I honestly wasn't very impressed. Glad I never paid for anything.

I

izzypog

Okay, sorry fer bitching, guys. Just curious if there have been any new developments. I'm not sure what else we can really expect to hear on this. BigCannaPharma is going to do whatever tf they want to; that's the sad reality here. I find some comfort in knowing that it will never impact my own work.

I would be curious if anyone would admit it here if Phylos tried to buy rights from them to some of the rarer genotypes in the Galaxy. I don't really see them reviving old tissue when they could just buy the original from the breeder who had it sequenced. What would your price be? Would $10K motivate you? Less? More?

The main reason I offered up samples during the 'free' period was to verify that some of my cultivars were legit. And guess what? Turns out that half of all of the strains in that stupid unicorn-skittle-scat galaxy are misnamed.

With time I'm sure some of the legit clusters will grow, but I honestly wasn't very impressed. Glad I never paid for anything.

If there is anything I can take solace in it will be that Phylos will never touch what the old school underground has. They can try with all the genetic sequencing they want, they will never understand what it is to really breed a champion through hard work, no, they will look for the easy way. It is a shame that instead of working together we let ego get in the way, I am not looking for the best strain in the world, I am looking for the best strain for me, and if I have to breed it to get there I will, and I will find that trippy buzz that I had all those years ago, the laughing and giggling with the feeling that I took a small dose of lsd, I miss when that stuff was around, DJ short was right, people took the easy bland route when it came to growing, they went for fast grows, and forgot what they were really looking for. We all smoke franken weed now, and none of it will ever top those good old days when it was to have fun, not to be comercial.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would be curious if anyone would admit it here if Phylos tried to buy rights from them to some of the rarer genotypes in the Galaxy.

This is the question I want to know.

Nspecta entered Purple Indica - it has zero known relatives. That would be one of the plants worth them targeting for future development of unique cultivars.

Mystery Chem ie "Staten Island Headband" - is another one they would target given it is a discovered parent to the chem line.

I suggested this would be their most logical approach in another thread, only to be ridiculed by Chimera for suggesting it.

In all fairness, these are the plants we need to keep away from big business...

The thing is - their data may be limited, but it DID allow anyone patient enough to use the tool to learn a LOT of things. It is rather easy to use the Galaxy, if you have spent the last two decades on forums learning the lore of the plants. You absolutely can use it to verify certain things that have been said to happen over the years.

For example, you can clearly see that Sour Bubble, does in fact, have Bubba Kush in it. So, if you know the old story on overgrow where there was a picture of a tray of clones and someone told BOG, hey, that one looks like Bubba, and well, no...no...no...

I'm sure many of you remember. Phylos cleanly ties the two plants together and proves that way back when, there was in fact, a Bubba Kush clone in that tray, in that picture...and Bubba was mistakenly worked into the Sour Bubble line between the Bx1 and Bx2 generations.

That's what makes something like Grindhouse "DMT" special. It's Sour Bubble stock BEFORE Bubba got mixed into the gene pool. It's original Sour Bubble, more or less. It's supposed to be Sour Bubble Bx1 Ix3 or something like that.

However, I don't think it has ever been tested and it isn't in the galaxy. Perhaps the Bubba mix up happened even before then.

I have pure DMT seeds still from Grindhouse. I'd love to send them in to see what is what...

But, this company RUINED what they were doing and I'm glad I never sent in samples. It was in part my goal for growing again, to get things entered, just for curiosity sake.

------------------------

Another example of something interesting.

ECSD and AJ Sour - DOES NOT - have Chem' 91 ie Skunk Va in their genetics. Chem D and Chem 4 are shown to be directly tied into and related to the sours, but Chem '91 does not tie in.

That raises some VERY interesting questions in my mind and tells me for the most part, people have been seeking to recreate Sour in all the wrong places for a very long time now, just because no one was 100% sure what happened.

I don't view these discrepancies as people having lied or people tried to deceive other growers, this stuff was just unknown and the best of what they believed happened or was possible was kept record of.

---------------

The Galaxy has been a useful tool. I was a skeptic from the very start of Sam asking people to send in old landrace seeds and I think my first posts about that topic were deleted, if I'm not mistaken.

It took me years to become convinced I should play ball and right before I stepped on the field...the stadium collapses around me. Too little too late, but I suppose for the better.

dank.Frank

Maggotbrain

I put one cultivar on the Phylos Galaxy. The results were very disappointing. They said it was equal parts hemp, skunk, landrace and berry. A pretty unlikely result. As one other poster on this site said it seemed "deliberately unhelpful". It may in fact be a true result, but given all of the shit that has come out about how Phylos does business, I am skeptical. I spent a lot of money to get their test done so I could find out a little bit about my plant. I have help my tongue until I decided how to feel about the whole Phylos mess. I have decided. Today I renamed my cultivar after the last words Johnny Rotten spoke as a Sex Pistol. "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?". I don't have any control over what Phylos does with their data, but I do have control over what my plant is called. So does anyone else who submitted a cultivar.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Gyper

Yes the post I quoted was nasty .
Weather Underground , the Baghwan ! WTF ??

Fair call deleting it .

But the Tin Foil MAGA hat was a work of modern art IMO . :biggrin:

Thanks for sharin

EB .

CaptainDankness

I wonder just how Phylyos plans to keep their genetics safe from us? What are they going to do make only auto flower plants? Even fems we can just toss a little pollen or clone for 30 years, lol, is there really anything against using a pattented line to create a new hybrid?

This could actually be pretty good, if they could use that data to bring back the original Skunk. It should be in the Galaxy, I'd buy a pack of seeds if they are not auto flower and share plenty of cuttings.

Really the idea was to overgrow the government, that worked. Why don't we just over grow the corporations now? The fuck they going to do? They have multi million dollar investments far too much over head to sell $20 eighths of top shelf, but we can.

They do seem to do really good producing mid grade buds on large scale. Them cartridges are a bitch though, they can use the shittiest bud, make isolate and add terpines and it's going to be just as good as the rest.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I wonder just how Phylyos plans to keep their genetics safe from us? What are they going to do make only auto flower plants? Even fems we can just toss a little pollen or clone for 30 years, lol, is there really anything against using a pattented line to create a new hybrid?

This could actually be pretty good, if they could use that data to bring back the original Skunk. It should be in the Galaxy, I'd buy a pack of seeds if they are not auto flower and share plenty of cuttings.

Really the idea was to overgrow the government, that worked. Why don't we just over grow the corporations now? The fuck they going to do? They have multi million dollar investments far too much over head to sell $20 eighths of top shelf, but we can.

They do seem to do really good producing mid grade buds on large scale. Them cartridges are a bitch though, they can use the shittiest bud, make isolate and add terpines and it's going to be just as good as the rest.

You mean it will sell as good as the rest. Those carts will never be better than herb or dabs.

CaptainDankness

You mean it will sell as good as the rest. Those carts will never be better than herb or dabs.

Yeah, I hate them cartridges but they seem to be the most popular way of smoking weed these days. Probably because majority of the weed is midgrade not too much of that real dank bud in my area seems only a few know how to dry and cure their buds.

I've even heard the so called top shelf in Washington wasn't even all that great at $45 an eighth. Lol

Dognponyshow

prove it wrong on paper E.Bud. If you simply don't believe or refute it because, ya know, feelings, then I must say thanks for letting me know you are still alive and that I struck a nerve.

I can support EVERY claim I have made with references from congressional archives, FOIA dossiers, archived info graphics, archived zines from the late 60's thru '89,other less complete zine collections through the 90s, and personal recorded interviews.

What can you refer to to fortify your 'opinion'?

Gyps, what was inflammatory about telling everyone the MANY ways which they are being taken advantage of, by whom and how they are connected? Especially when one of the people keeps "cleaning up" the pertinent 411 so others can't be informed en mass? (Not talking about any of my posts) The only body mass that should feel an adverse-inflamed reaction to the truth is the one that is inflicting the breach of trust to begin with, aka; the LIAR. I believe everyone thinks Phylos is a lying institution, right? Dave advocated for Phylos right? He has time and again been near the nucleus of controversy right? The time you spent in the PI should encourage you to be a facilitator of truth and fidelity and not a full canopy providing shade or an operational platform for these vile creatures to do Satan's work; aka Lie and deceive for personal/private group, gain.

G `day Gyper

Yes the post I quoted was nasty .
Weather Underground , the Baghwan ! WTF ??

Fair call deleting it .

But the Tin Foil MAGA hat was a work of modern art IMO . :biggrin:

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
see above if you really like a good conspiracy theory - who knows, there may be some truth in it - somewhere - but I'm not encouraging a slanging match between some Dognponyshow and one of our Mods - with an outlandish story that involves weather underground terrorists etc - we might end up waving a red flag at some alphabet agency - and so attract the wrong sorta attention.

*wouldn't you say that was inflammatory?

frostqueen

This is the question I want to know.

Nspecta entered Purple Indica - it has zero known relatives. That would be one of the plants worth them targeting for future development of unique cultivars.

Mystery Chem ie "Staten Island Headband" - is another one they would target given it is a discovered parent to the chem line.

I suggested this would be their most logical approach in another thread, only to be ridiculed by Chimera for suggesting it.

In all fairness, these are the plants we need to keep away from big business...

The thing is - their data may be limited, but it DID allow anyone patient enough to use the tool to learn a LOT of things. It is rather easy to use the Galaxy, if you have spent the last two decades on forums learning the lore of the plants. You absolutely can use it to verify certain things that have been said to happen over the years.

For example, you can clearly see that Sour Bubble, does in fact, have Bubba Kush in it. So, if you know the old story on overgrow where there was a picture of a tray of clones and someone told BOG, hey, that one looks like Bubba, and well, no...no...no...

I'm sure many of you remember. Phylos cleanly ties the two plants together and proves that way back when, there was in fact, a Bubba Kush clone in that tray, in that picture...and Bubba was mistakenly worked into the Sour Bubble line between the Bx1 and Bx2 generations.

That's what makes something like Grindhouse "DMT" special. It's Sour Bubble stock BEFORE Bubba got mixed into the gene pool. It's original Sour Bubble, more or less. It's supposed to be Sour Bubble Bx1 Ix3 or something like that.

However, I don't think it has ever been tested and it isn't in the galaxy. Perhaps the Bubba mix up happened even before then.

I have pure DMT seeds still from Grindhouse. I'd love to send them in to see what is what...

But, this company RUINED what they were doing and I'm glad I never sent in samples. It was in part my goal for growing again, to get things entered, just for curiosity sake.

------------------------

Another example of something interesting.

ECSD and AJ Sour - DOES NOT - have Chem' 91 ie Skunk Va in their genetics. Chem D and Chem 4 are shown to be directly tied into and related to the sours, but Chem '91 does not tie in.

That raises some VERY interesting questions in my mind and tells me for the most part, people have been seeking to recreate Sour in all the wrong places for a very long time now, just because no one was 100% sure what happened.

I don't view these discrepancies as people having lied or people tried to deceive other growers, this stuff was just unknown and the best of what they believed happened or was possible was kept record of.

---------------

The Galaxy has been a useful tool. I was a skeptic from the very start of Sam asking people to send in old landrace seeds and I think my first posts about that topic were deleted, if I'm not mistaken.

It took me years to become convinced I should play ball and right before I stepped on the field...the stadium collapses around me. Too little too late, but I suppose for the better.

dank.Frank

Interesting comments, Frank. Here's the thing, though: many names of cultivars submitted to the galaxy are almost entirely hearsay. If any one person who had that particular clone in the last 20 years decided to change the name to something more popular at the time to get it to sell, poof: there goes any authenticity. And yet it is still left right there in the galaxy, skewing results.

This happens all the time. Joe Schmoe gets a certain cut and grows it out, but nobody wants to buy the flowers from it because that name isn't popular right now, so instead they call it whatever is popular. And then the guy just keeps using the new popular but false name. He then gives some clones to others and calls it by the new name, and they never know the difference.

Sounds like rare behavior, but over many years it does happen. A LOT. I've seen brokers do this right in front of me. This is why there are so many disagreements about what is the REAL this or that; unless we see a solid cluster of several submitted samples on the galaxy, we have no way of verifying the real deal status. For example, Obama Kush has a large grouping. So does Bubba Kush. Most samples don't, though. I'd say anything that has no other samples by the same name to confirm its real identity is suspect as far as the name goes. Clusters are key.

A great example is one I submitted: let's call it Famous Old School Plant X. It somehow has no related cultivars on the galaxy. In fact, its genes according to Phylos are apparently very rare. To me that just indicates that this is in fact very likely not actually FOSP X. And yet my source swears up and down that it definitely is. Of course he does: it's a matter of pride. The problem here is that strong belief in legitimacy does not equal legitimacy. Only a cluster with the same name and identical testing results does.

Another factor that isn't discussed much is errant data. For example, I also submitted samples of 3 plants from a breeding project that I did myself that were: a) reversed pollinator plant number one, b) target plant number two, and c) incredible offspring number 3. The results came back showing number 3 as the sister of parent number 1, and didn't even link number 2 to either one of them. WTF? That's a serious problem. Had I paid $900 for those tests I would have been a bit pissed off. There is simply NO WAY that those results could be true.

TL;DR: unless there is a clear cluster of results, I'd be really cautious about believing that any given cultivar on the galaxy is what it is claimed to be. The only reason I jumped on free DNA sequencing years ago was that I was sold the idea that I could verify the lineage of the cultivars in my collection. That... didn't work out so well.

Dognponyshow

According to Mel Frank it was his 2nd arrest.

Mel has a bunch of info but he is playing by the rules. The Minerva rule to be specific. It would be nice if people just came out with it already. The problem for the insiders is that not ALL the states are legal rec yet so the monopoly isn't complete and that is why they haven't spilled the beans. No diplo protection ;)

Dognponyshow

see above if you really like a good conspiracy theory - who knows, there may be some truth in it - somewhere - but I'm not encouraging a slanging match between some Dognponyshow and one of our Mods - with an outlandish story that involves weather underground terrorists etc - we might end up waving a red flag at some alphabet agency - and so attract the wrong sorta attention.

*wouldn't you say that was inflammatory?

Thanks for the feedback Gypsy.

You, proverbially, can be charged with a crime--Conspiracy. The word conspiracy literally means, together we breathe. Together Dave colluded or breathed a collective breath with Phylos, in order to acquire cultivars from YOUR site dude. Then he skirts from the limelight when the people call him and Phylos out. Why is he allowed to mod/scrub/clean his participation in the ongoings of duplicity by deleting thread contributions? More importantly, why do you, Gypsy, condone his behavior? You have ultimate admin power and can access on the server ALL the logs. Re-post without modifying what Dave has said over the years so he can't lie anymore.

I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful. Actually the opposite. I am INspecting and addressing his actions while using a platform which he can counter anything on with facts. Instead he is being a Saul Alinsky-ite and points a finger and calls names without validating himself.

p.s. The fbi mi5 oegd gru/fsb ect upon ect upon ect all have referenced this site multiple times in various tribunals. Domestic (multi-country) LEO has used this site and overgrow for nearly 20 years, collectively, to build cases. You know this and your solicitors have been made aware hundreds+ of times. Keep it real brotha. Rez was a prime example of this, read the discovery of his case if you haven't already (which I'd be surprised if you hadn't considering it all)

P.s.s. This is about Phylos and the people whom represent them inflaming the people here. I for one think more loyalty and respect should be given to them than to a wrong-doing Mod because without the people... The forum has no purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts