What's new

Phuc Dat Bich: Happy At Last

amanda88

_86825585_phucdatbich.jpg

An Australian man, Phuc Dat Bich, has said he is glad his fight to use his name on Facebook has made people happy.
Mr Bich, who is of Vietnamese origin, shot to fame last week over his complaint
that his account had been shut down because Facebook considered his name fake or misleading.
_86824536_12281882_10153280549287602_773495151_o.jpg

On Sunday night, Mr Phuc wrote a new post saying he was "very grateful to those
who have been supportive of certain names that populate in different cultures."

"We live in a diverse and multicultural society and the fact that there are people
out there who are supportive and encouraging really makes me happy," Mr Phuc wrote.

"I am glad and honoured to be able to make people happy by simply making them
laugh at something that appears outrageous and ridiculous."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34897404

waveguide

Veteran
I wish that was my name.err maybe not.lol

hehe

a year or so ago i released a vst (music software plugin) with an unlikely name (can't say it here, can i?) and did a google check to make sure that no other vst had been released with a similar name, and found that someone in singapore iirc shared the name with my product..

fuck prohibition, this would be a really funny post if i could specify

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Via: Guardian

Phuc Dat Bich is a phucing liar.

The man who claimed Facebook was deleting his profile every time he updated it to his unfortunate-sounding name now tells Guardian Australia he made the whole thing up.

His real name is Tin Lee, a 23 year old living in Melbourne.

The trickster fooled the people of the Internet and countless publications (including Cheezburger) with a Facebook post lamenting his name.

He had this to say about his hoax in a Facebook post, which now seems to have been deleted:

"What started as a joke between friends, became a prank that made a fool out of the media and brought out the best in the people who reached out to me. It didn't bring out the anger and darkness that we often see on the internet, but it brought a levity and humanity in a time we need it most.

"Out of this ordeal I've concluded not to trust the credibility of the media, it's twisted by the hungry journalists who mask the truth ... It goes to show that an average joe like myself can con the the biggest news sources with ease."

you all were pwned!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
yrs... ago living in Houston TX... Chef @ convention center downtown...
was a Chinese restaurant close by w/ happy hour daily... WE Where regulars...

oh and the name.... { shit U not ... for real was } ... Fu Kim ....
as in fuckhim ....endless laughter and riddicual over that one for years.... and years...

Fu~Kim ....

and another one of my Seattle haunts ....

Pho~King~Crab .... as in fuckingcrab.... Foreal

amanda88

Via: Guardian

Phuc Dat Bich is a phucing liar.

The man who claimed Facebook was deleting his profile every time he updated it to his unfortunate-sounding name now tells Guardian Australia he made the whole thing up.

His real name is Tin Lee, a 23 year old living in Melbourne.

The trickster fooled the people of the Internet and countless publications (including Cheezburger) with a Facebook post lamenting his name.

He had this to say about his hoax in a Facebook post, which now seems to have been deleted:

"What started as a joke between friends, became a prank that made a fool out of the media and brought out the best in the people who reached out to me. It didn't bring out the anger and darkness that we often see on the internet, but it brought a levity and humanity in a time we need it most.

"Out of this ordeal I've concluded not to trust the credibility of the media, it's twisted by the hungry journalists who mask the truth ... It goes to show that an average joe like myself can con the the biggest news sources with ease."

you all were pwned!

I stand corrected ...thanks Al

if he has a daughter he could call her

Amanda dat bich ...! ...lol