What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Photosynthesis Recipe-leak 2015

A feed store can get it for you. If they don't know where to get it they can order it from here

RiceLand in Arkansas

A pallet is only a couple of hundred bucks. Maybe a couple hundred more to ship at most.

When I lived in Arkansas I could drive 10 miles, and they would load a 16' trailer with 4' high side walls for $150.

That's a lot of rice hulls :)

Last edited:

vostok

Veteran
Photosynthesis Recipe-leak 2015

Thanks Photo, I see a good brew ...I am a fan of Neem Oil, when mixed to its correct proportions, dude get well soon, and it never hurts to get a second opinion ...even if it means your body ..? lol

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
:respect:

very well organized post. i'm sure many will find it useful.

could be sticky material in my opinion...

obviously you've been doing this for a while. if you're an old friend shoot me a PM!

Picarus

photosynthesis,
Why the gypsum in the mix? I asked in a thread where someone pasted your recipe but I thought I should ask directly.
p.s. I wish you a quick recovery and good on you to share your work. Our recipes are very similar. Huge fan of water only during the run. Life can be simple if you allow it.

Heusinomics

Fantastic work photo!!!!!

This is a very well thought out n worded reference!!
Many many thanks!

Respect and happy growing!! ;D

Heusinomics

Hey picarus,
After afew readings of Revs True Living Soil book It def stresses the importance of adding Gypsum for its sulphur content.
Again stressing that this sulphur is to add more flavor!(a secret from the old school)
This is well know in The veg and horticultural industries. Soils high in sulphur make more flavorful sweeter onions, richer tomatoes and more fragrant roses!

I Giv big thumbs up for the added gypsum!
Great work photo! ;D

shelovespurp

I'm slowly transitioning from synth to organics. I use synth nutes as a base for now and looking to add to my basic soil mix (happy frog/ black gold 1:1) using a friends organic compost tea mix (dry) what advice can you give? Can I use your soil mix for dry? What would you reccomend I use from your mix in addition to my basic base? Thank you for sharing! ☺

shelovespurp

I'm slowly transitioning from synth to organics. I use synth nutes as a base for now and looking to add to my basic soil mix (happy frog/ black gold 1:1) using a friends organic compost tea mix (dry) what advice can you give? Can I use your soil mix for dry? What would you reccomend I use from your mix in addition to my basic base? Thank you for sharing! ☺

Vital kelp, vital earth mega worm, ve glacier, ve compost, Cali hummus,insect grass, vital fish, vital roots, baseline

Picarus

Hey picarus,
After afew readings of Revs True Living Soil book It def stresses the importance of adding Gypsum for its sulphur content.
Again stressing that this sulphur is to add more flavor!(a secret from the old school)
This is well know in The veg and horticultural industries. Soils high in sulphur make more flavorful sweeter onions, richer tomatoes and more fragrant roses!

I Giv big thumbs up for the added gypsum!
Great work photo! ;D

Thats a great point, sulfur is very important. Although it is derived from other sources as well, mainly MgSO4. I have read that gypsum actually can inhibit microbial growth so I have gone back to dolomite and MgSO4 after using it.
Thanks for the response! I also tend to believe that the guano can be taken out of the recipe. The reason being that it is not as sustainable a amendment as others high in soluble and non-soluble N.
I recommend Biofish from Down to Earth as it fills many of these needs in one mix and is not terrible expensive.

Picarus

shelovespurp,
By using bullshit as your base you cut out the benefit of true living organics. Your synthetic base will eliminate the need for a strong microbial presence due to its immediate solubility, and therefore the microbes won't thrive. Then when the plant needs the nutrients the life will not be present to fulfill the need. Just cut the shit and marvel at the ease and results of a true organic system. Well or rain water works best ime.

can definitely attest to the neem recipe!!! i personally use double the soap/neem for the roided out forest bugs we have here and it basically raptures every mite in the space. smells great too.

thanks for the info photo

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great thread, thanks for sharing photo
wasup with a fermented bat guano recipe?

Use my fermented base recipe, and then add 1 cup of guano per gallon of ferment. Easy Peazy. I spent 1.5 years working on that exact thing. It wasn't so easy peazy in the beginning. :)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Use my fermented base recipe, and then add 1 cup of guano per gallon of ferment. Easy Peazy. I spent 1.5 years working on that exact thing. It wasn't so easy peazy in the beginning. :)

well, thanks again for sharing the info and knowledge, I'm sure that I will be referring back to this thread in the future. :tiphat: