What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Photo Posting Enabled!

Skip

Veteran
Gypsy, there are 2 things you need to change in your post - click on edit to see the difference between your link and mine.

First you need to put IMG in the tags, not URL
Second you need to put the URL of the picture itself, not the page in the gallery. (which you see when you click on Add photo to post & make your selection - just copy & paste the URL)

Hope this helps for now! :)

This is a picture test since I seem to be having the same problems as gypsy.

375Bogglegums_043.jpg

G

Yes, it works here, but does not work in other threads. That's where i've been having problems. it just wants to post the link to them.

G

wonder if i can get this

wonder if i can get this

let's see if I can post a pic yet
737lastclose1-thumb.JPG

G

wrong size huh?

wrong size huh?

wow every one of my pics is 640x480 (about 41k) but they still wont let me post them, only the thumbnails. what size pics do we need?

Skip

Veteran
BillyGoat,
Can you tell me which forum you're having a problem posting images in?

G

Skip did a super job, all my threads are posting pictures now, thanks alot Skip.

:tup:

Hey! I wanna try!

Hey! I wanna try!

Lessee....

850NY_NL_buds_004.jpeg

Seems kinda convoluted to get it to post, eh?

Skip

Veteran
IMAGE POSTING UPDATED!

IMAGE POSTING UPDATED!

I've just improved the image posting facility. Now it's an easier copy and paste (or drag) of the complete URL (with img tags included).

2DSC02961.JPG

I think this should make it quite a bit easier and more fool proof to put images in posts.

This method allows you to post as many images as you like, anywhere within your post (unlike on OG).

You can also choose the thumbnail or the full size image.

Let me know what you think!

-Skip

:tup:

tup! Great job Skip!!! Thanks for the hard work!

850arnoldsmokespotpuff-thumb.gif

Now is there a way to link the thumbnail to the full size image in our gallery?

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
Yes I could add another option that would be a combo link, post up the thumbnail, link to the large image. I was just thinking about that.

But now, I've set it to automatically replace oversized images with the mid-sized image which is PERFECT for posting.

You'll now get a warning that the original image is too large, but you'll see the link to the midsize image instead, so now there should be NO PROBLEM posting images unless the gallery itself rejects it upon upload.

Enjoy the new features, and give me more feedback because I'm going to continue working on this feature with more options soon (like resizing your image & rotating too). ;)

G

Thanks Skip for your hard work. Everything is working awsome for me now.
Thanks again

G

"Now is there a way to link the thumbnail to the full size image in our gallery?"

"Now is there a way to link the thumbnail to the full size image in our gallery?"

;)

Check It Out

ken

there'd be little point in having a quota system at all, hmk, if that wasnt the case.

cant have the hard drive filling up with pictures of cannabis now can we, i mean how much would that cost :eek: (abt $1 per gb)

Latest posts

Latest posts