What's new

Phonictrap Acoustic Ducting and noise issues

foxylady

Over the years I have been a user of many different brands of acoustic ducting, it works, to an extent.
Except for the fibreglass, a b***h!. am I right? you ever got it on your face? damn! makes you itch like mad, not to mention if it touches your precious bud! :watchplant:OMG! The dramas
Well Until now, Recently made the decision to upgrade to Phonictrap acoustic ducting, IMO Even with its high price, it is totally verified when you look at it.
upon unwrapping, I was highly delighted at the quality, you can see the time and effort spent into designing the ducting it's flexible fabric like acoustic pipe, wrapped in hypo allergenic insulation all contained in the black vapour barrier. No Itchy glass wool and the sound difference was immediate, I only used around 4m but it's like having a 4m silencer of the best quality! I expected it to be good but it really surpassed my expectations. :woohoo: Thought I'd put it out there for those thinking of trying but hesitant due to the expense, Here's a photo:

Attachments

• m 015.jpg
    m 015.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 17

Green81

Veteran
thats a pretty cool tip Foxylady, I had used some insulation ducting a couple months ago and had fibre glass everywhere, not nice - super itchy!!
Where can you get phonictrap ducting from in the uk???

G81

B

BushBurner

great post foxylady if its better than the other stuff i got too try it out...not this week tho
just bought some growroom stuff....av had it when the boss(aka) the wife finds out hahaha....am not joking i even typed this quiet...

foxylady

Hahahaha! Wifey has you in check!
Thanks BushBurner :)
yes I saw those, but honestly didn't feel the need when I installed this, I was so surprised.. go for it!! :)

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
Thanks Green81
Thanks SativaBreather :)
It costs like £110-£120 for 10m 150mm (6")
Peace

Fooking Hell!! :yoinks::yoinks:

I was very interested until I got to this post lol but I guess you get what you pay for, but for me the noise that comes from the ducting is not enough to warrant that much as my airforce 2 fan is a fan and silencer in one. I remember the first lot of acoustic duct I bough years ago though with the itchy wool and the leaks not to mention the nightmare trying to get it all to clamp on to the shades or fan etc, so if this was about then I would have deffo ought some. Nice tip Foxy.

foxylady

lmao! you're not the only one with that opinion.
Thanks BushBurner :) I'm waiting to upgrade my fans from Rhino pros to the TD Silent acoustic in line fans, have heard these are the quietest on the market.

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
^^ The TD Silent fans are very, very quiet and I own quite a few now but make sure you allow for the additional length in the fan as they are a lot longer than RUKS or Systemair fans and also if you get a 6" one then get and 8" carbon filter or it will hum like a bitch and restrict a lot of the air flow using the same size CF as the fan.

B

BushBurner

Fooking Hell!! :yoinks::yoinks:

I was very interested until I got to this post lol but I guess you get what you pay for, but for me the noise that comes from the ducting is not enough to warrant that much as my airforce 2 fan is a fan and silencer in one. I remember the first lot of acoustic duct I bough years ago though with the itchy wool and the leaks not to mention the nightmare trying to get it all to clamp on to the shades or fan etc, so if this was about then I would have deffo ought some. Nice tip Foxy.

i have just bought a 6ins iso max fan it is good but wish i went for the 8ins iso max i think they are like the air force 2 fans...

foxylady

Yes, I saw this earlier and wondered if I had been ripped? but everywhere else seems to be charging a similar price to that I paid. otherwise That's one hell of a bargain lol

B

BushBurner

foxylady i got a mag from hydro shop called hydromag issue 9 they have done tests on all extraction fans i was surprised at the results...see if your local hydro shop stocks it nevermind i just found you a link too read it peace bb

http://www.hydromag.co.uk/issue.php?iID=9

foxylady

BushBurner Appreciate this, makes for quite an interesting read,
perhaps looking at it, I may need to look around. I'm going to need around 1600 M3/h out probably and 1100 M3/h in to keep this temps spot on, without using fan speed controllers as I don't wanna lose pressure.

Latest posts

Latest posts