What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Philips son-t clone

Ca++

iu

Don't get too excited, it's just 40w. However it's the E40 base of shades you may have, and at 7500lumens (about 185lm/w) it's not too shabby. About right for a typical cloner. Perhaps an under-counter fridge, but not for flowering. The sort of light a 100w cfl might produce.

Here's another I have not seen
iu

65w the biggest in this range. 12,000 lumens. The 150w son lamp was 15,000 lumens. It's the replacement, and we have a few 150w grows to judge how useful this might be. It looks like a heat pipe design, and will install horizontally.
The big cfl is dead (if it ever lived) but I welcome these. This one costs 200 sheets though. They are selling you fewer trips up the ladder to change them. The first lamp is 100

Both data sheet are dated in the last few weeks. They are part of the TrueForce range

goingrey

Ok interesting so it's a LED replacement bulb for HID fixtures.

Makes sense in a streetlight but for us it would be more cost effective to just use some grow LED luminaire.

Ca++

There are fittings for half the price, claiming the same output on Amazon. I couldn't bring myself to pay it, but I like this packaging better. I'm often using small lights for rooting and bringing on cuts. I tend to use domestic LED lamps, which I don't think can be beaten. I do like this format though. The traditional T shape. The branding. How it packs away without fuss. I think they need to be 35 sheets, but the trinket value was why I posted them. The prices came in an edit.

It's a major coincidence, that just today I set a light to 50w, to make the light that 40w would. I'm covering a pair of 35 cell seed trays. An area typical of cloning stations. Giving about 200ppfd.
You could stretch one out to flower a 40x40 at a push, but it's a cuttings light. One that makes use of decent HID shades, that may otherwise be gathering dust.

Don't you think it's cute? lol

Latest posts

Latest posts