What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Philips 315w CDM Elite (CMH)

xekki

contacted him said he'll give me a call in the morning.

i need to get some more fuses for that one and i'll try staggering, have em set em up on a 1500w Trigear SUSD for the time being with no issues.

You guys are incredibly helpful i can't thank yous enough! ;D

Jhhnn

Veteran
contacted him said he'll give me a call in the morning.

i need to get some more fuses for that one and i'll try staggering, have em set em up on a 1500w Trigear SUSD for the time being with no issues.

You guys are incredibly helpful i can't thank yous enough! ;D

Rives is probably right that a slower acting fuse might solve your issues.

OTOH, returns are a snap w/ Amazon & the price delta for a higher capacity unit isn't large. I wouldn't fight it, but that's just me.

spleebale

Hello! Great thread, rives! I have been reading up on CMH/CDMs for two days now and my head is swimming! :-/ (very appreciative of everyone's input though!)

A few questions:

-So the ATL guy is responding and shipping again?

-Does the ATL combo kit come with everything you need for the 315W system (including lamp) to run on 240v? Or do you need a transformer or relays as people are discussing the use of?

-Does anyone have experience running pulse-start MHs? Someone linked this site:
http://www.venturelighting.com/LampsHTMLDocuments/Uni-Form_400W_lamps.html
Anyone have any experience with any of these lamps? Does anyone have spectral analysis or experience with any Pulse Start MHs? (other than the 860)?

-Anyone know why Cycloptics have an "All-Bright" section and then the "Greenbeams" section - which appear to be the same lights, but never is one mentioned on the other...? Is Greenbeams just their "individual light systems pre-packaged and price-jacked for growers" offering, as opposed to their industrial re-lamping, regular-price "All-brights" - which are the same thing just not set up as individual plug-and play systems? Seems pretty weird...

-Does anyone have experience with a relatively cheap LED panel ($150-$350) and ideally 150-250 ACTUAL watts consumption that can veg a 2.5'X3' space well (VEG only) or two or more small panels in the same price range that work WELL for aggressive growth?
-Has anyone created a DIY light with regular screw-in (E27) bulb sockets and cheap, mass-produced CREE white LEDs?

I would like to compare results of the 315w CDM w/ cheap LED (a Red/Blue panel and/or a DIY screw-in LED fixture) for study of what will produce the most aggressive growth for the least wattage in a small (2.5' X3') garden. Since this is around the garden size many people are discussing here, I hope this will be valuable to everyone. Thanks!

Also: Here's a link to a good deal on the Sun System 315 LEC ($413) for a pretty decent rate if people want to go the all-in-one plug-and-play route.
http://www.growlightexpress.com/gro...light-emitting-ceramic-fixture-240v-2206.html

you should number thoes points
2) atl is complete. reflector i am not sure on. the relays are to control light timing. not all timers run 220

3) yes. yes. not I

4) ask BTT

5) talk to rives

6) see #5

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out the Volks led link in my sig for a cheap DIY answer that works well for vegging. It's what I still use for vegging a 30"x30" area, and could easily be upgraded with COBs.

I haven't used the Cree lamps for that purpose yet, but will be trying them in the near future.

By the way, for you guys here with experience growing with these lights, my plants are 17 days old, 3 nodes pushin 4.
When is it safe to put these under the 315?

Ericos

By the way, for you guys here with experience growing with these lights, my plants are 17 days old, 3 nodes pushin 4.
When is it safe to put these under the 315?
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58416&pictureid=1388757&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

I've cloned and have vegged under plasma and the 315's with no problems. Lamp distance seem to be the key to not having to much intensity at those early stages and stressing them out. In cloning I've kept them at 36"-24" away and try to keep them around 24"-18" during vegging or flowering.

Have had them as close as 6" away but seemed to have had some light stress especially with the mogul versions, I assumed because of the excess UV output. In glass lensed reflectors the light stress was definitely lessened at that distance.

smile

Is there any consensus about which 315w CMH lamp is better for flowering.

3100k Agro or 4200k?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jhhnn

Veteran
Is there any consensus about which 315w CMH lamp is better for flowering.

31000k Agro or 4200k?

Thanks!

Afaict from a distance, it's a matter of opinion. It's hard to say if Philips developed the agro to grow better plants or to have the lamp equivalent of better bag appeal.

Marketing rules the world.

I doubt that it makes a helluva lot of difference either way.

I think that Rives has used both.

Ericos

Jhhnn makes a good point. All personal preference. To many variables like strain genetics, environment, growing style, grower experience, etc.

From my experience the 4200k will do fine but seemed to not put on the same weight as the 3100k. Adversely though got more resin production from the 4200k. This is with my current style and strains though. And that's changing for me with dual kelvin runs that I'm doing right now.

Plus I use two different type a cmh lamps which plays a factor

At my work right now everyone is raving about gavita DE's but I'm a believer in cmh personally and got a few loving the dual 315 fixtures after sharing my input.

Some want as much weight as they can get others strictly want quality and of course everyone wants both.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've only used the 3100k version of the Agro, and the 930 version of the T9 lamp. I've been wanting to try out the 4200k for some time, but haven't gotten to it yet....

xekki

Ozone25

ATL isn't responding to emails or calls again *sigh*

Question for people that received their orders recently, did you get an email with a tracking number or did it arrive at your door randomly. I'm hoping he shipped it and just didn't email me the tracking number.

xekki

ATL isn't responding to emails or calls again *sigh*

Question for people that received their orders recently, did you get an email with a tracking number or did it arrive at your door randomly. I'm hoping he shipped it and just didn't email me the tracking number.

I got tracking for my order, but I'm sure if ya just be patient and he'll take care of ya

cheers