What's new

Pheno selection - Biker Le Blanc

SmokinErb

When I look for information on seeds, one of the first things I try to find out about is the phenotypes that I should expect. Too many breeders have photos of really rare phenotypes and are not accurate representations of what you'll get in a pack of beans.

So... I thought I'd document the phenotypes that I get in this pack of beans. I'll follow up with a photo of them at the flip, mid flowering, and pre-harvest.

sEv00yH.jpg

RFMU1YR.jpg

AavN7Xs.jpg

cY3yUsI.jpg

K

Karma Genetics

I already love how you document these, going to be a great thread for info on the Biker le blanc for folks to see what comes from a pack.

Wicked smoking erb, love your dedication in spreading the real info.

K

Karma Genetics

I Like the sour type smell pheno in there , which i just love to death, that sweet sour dominant Og smell with a white look.

I am persenoly prefer that one over the more white dominant pheno's, which are more hashy in flavour,

PS i havent found a weak effect one in there, its flavour that sets the pheno's appart in this one.

SmokinErb

Sorted the Biker Le Blanc as best as I could based on pheno. Feel free to chime in if you disagree with where I have any of these plants. There is quite a bit of uniformity here and it's making it a bit difficult for me to sort these.

I believe I have 2, maybe 3 main phenos here. The 3rd group kinda got made because there were a few I couldn't figure out... and they all kinda look similar, so maybe... So here's 1 and 2....

oa1NCtk.jpg

NylZZMi.jpg

Not sure if I'm just having trouble placing these, or if they're a 3rd pheno. They all have the same weird leaf issue.

ZXArxyg.jpg

And here's the White Romulan x Biker. Just thought I'd show it off here too. Been rootbound for a lil while, just put it in 2 gallon bags, will be flowering in a week.

0HQ0WrB.jpg

SmokinErb

Okay so I'm picking up a new camera today... should help a lot with documenting these grows.

Secondly, I've got a 2nd confirmed female, #5 and #8. I've switched the light cycle to 16/8 (from 18/6) to try to help encourage sexing along. I need to get these girls picked out, cloned, and flowered.

SmokinErb

Two more males culled. I do have pictures of #5 and #8 before culling them as well, will edit the previous post sometime tonight and add it there.

1fU8Wfx.jpg

These three I'm classing as one phenotype. Only just now starting to get the tiniest hint of a preflower. They've got some bad leaf tacoing and the same yellowing-to-necrosis on the lower leaves. Haven't even attempted to fix this, I'm not real interested in difficult, finicky strains. 3 out of 12 displayed this trait. Karma, would you happen to have anything you could say about this particular pheno? I kind of just want to kill them and get 'em outta my way.... just not what I want in a mother plant. Ease of care is important to me. Hopefully the one on the right is a female, she's the most healthy of the 3. Leaves on the ground in the second picture are from the plants. (Note: I will not be killing these if female, want to see what comes in the pack, just won't clone it for a mother)

W8PpuGo.jpg

CPh1kGL.jpg

rZ488b6.jpg

SmokinErb

Suspected females:

Pjbel9G.jpg

Confirmed females:

lAEXKws.jpg

No more suspected males. I'm 98% the two suspected females will have pistils in a day or two. The 3 finicky ones...if I had to guess 1 male 2 females, but it's way too early to be reliable. So 4 culled males out of 12 seeds so far. Really only 3 left to determine sex. I'm gonna guess 60% female ratio. I'm really happy with my 3 confirmed females, they're 100% healthy with absolutely no effort. Tap water, not ph'd. Organic soil. Hahaha. These are the kinda girls a stoner needs for his moms.

K

Karma Genetics

My white OG cut will do that she a light feeder before mid flower. So my gues would be they White OG dominant, the Taco one.

I would give them a change roots, they easy to straight out. Give them a flush they will perk up.

SmokinErb

Alright, so I'll be posting some pics tomorrow, it's really late right now but I wanted to get this update in here. It'll be the final veg shots of each plant individually.

I've transplanted them into 3 gallon grow bags in a fresh (uncooked) organic soil. They'll get several days to recuperate and then they're headed to flowering.

Also took clones from each... 3 from each, 4 from #8.

#1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11 are the ones that made it into 3 gallon bags. Not all have been sexed. #8 is my personal favorite, followed by #5. I'm not good at describing odors, but in terms of intensity, #8 is the hands-down winner.

mack 10

Veteran
looking very nice. tight stocky kushey looking plants.
for sure you got some winners in their.
Wait till you flower them out, frost all over!
Some have a good stretch, great strain.
mack.

7 Willows

I really enjoy all of the full plant shots SmokinErb. Easy to follow the progress and they are seductively bushy :D Anticipating your results!

SmokinErb

I culled a second OG pheno Biker Le Blanc, so we're down to 5 of those. She just wasn't getting with the program.

#1, #2, #5, #8, #11 to select from.

#8 and #5 are my favorites, in order. They have a much stronger odor than the others. Not very good at describing smells, but I'd say "sour" somewhat. Got a feeling #8 is gonna be my keeper, and I'll be taking extra clones of both of these.

My cloning methods haven't been too successful, again. The root riot cubes that came with the tray are not really holding water. The one I got was old and dried out. Rehydrated 'em but its been difficult to keep 'em moist. Gonna pull out the replacement cubes and re-clone everything. Gonna take some in dirt as well. Trying to figure out what works for me still.

I did finally hang up the fencing. Gotta go get some pipe cleaners and I'll get to training these.

qgNAHGE.jpg

SUmpa8E.jpg

In the 2nd picture, the plant closest to the camera is a one off by Karma... White Romulan x Biker Kush. Same plant is bottom right on 1st pic.

SmokinErb

#5 - second favorite plant. Pretty sure this pheno is the "sour" pheno Karma talks about.

YaNHtNH.jpg

#11 - more mild in odor, a pleasant almost sweet odor.

ksCXbyg.jpg

#1 - Same pheno as #11.

AhgvfQk.jpg

#2 - only OG pheno I kept.

1VB2sEu.jpg

#8 - Personal favorite. Same strong odor as #5, but more pronounced.

p74iIqv.jpg