What's new

phase 1 of Vaxinia study begins...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
researchers have begun phase 1 of a new cancer treatment, a lab engineered virus called Vaxinia. it will involve injecting the virus into 100 people currently fighting cancer. it has already shown promise in colon, lung, breast, pancreatic, and ovarian cancers in animal/lab studies, with reduced sizes of tumors in those test subjects. this, in contrast to COVID vaccines, actually IS an "experimental" treatment. the patients involved (or "guinea pigs", to the morons out there) are all volunteers with metastatic or enlarged solid tumors that have already been treated with at least 2 other therapies. they are divided into two groups; one receiving Vaxinia alone, or Vaxinia and another immunotherapy drug. modern science marches on, even if unpopular in "certain circles"...i stumbled across it on Gizmodo, but it is popping up in lots of other news feeds. type "Vaxinia" in if interested...:good:

'Boogieman'

If I had cancer I would too. But since im young and healthy... No need to be a guinea pig. Is this a publicly traded company?