What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phantom's 2012 outdoor, partly swamp

Phantomx

You are welcome to follow.

A little update.

I've done some digging. All my holes are 40cm deep (in theory) and the width depends on how big i wanted the holes (mostly 50L).

Starting with the swamp. I once mentioned, that I had no idea how to get the soil to the spot. I needed two tries but I've made it. The first try nearly got horribly wrong, but luckily it didn't :D The second time I found a way into the swamp and was really happy. I needed to carry the soil for about half a km.

Soil for the swamp (1 peat bale missing):

My 500L hole for my sweet tooth:

Try to mix this

And the finished hole. I just need to water it because I think that the peat isn't fully expanded and than throw the soil nearer the pot to make a raised bed and removed the plastic.

Phantomx

Then the hillside spot:
I've made a big bed for 3 reg plants and 15lr plants and a couple of 50L holes for other plants. The big bed is mostly only native soil(need to add fertilizer), only where the lr will be is the soil mixed with my mix.

I also threw some seeds in water. I'm using the toilet paper metode for fresh seeds and for the older ones I throw them in water for a half day or so, and then they go in the toilet paper.

Oh, and I always give the advice to use a quality shovel, but am too stupid to follow it myself. My last guerilla shovel was stolen, so I bought this one

It cost somethink like 10eur.
After I broke this one(lol), I bought a middle class one for a little more than 30e and I'm very lucky with it, you can cut big roots with it, and dig in very hard soil.

zielonylasss

guerilla grower
Veteran
Yeah... The work you' ve put into preparing your spots will pays you back in fall bro.
Good job!
Thread tagged.
Stay safe!

Phantomx

Thanks guys!
Most of the seeds have already germed, some are in pots, but I can't even find the time to put the rest in pots, lol.

Phantomx

Bogatin, I guess you are from slo too? I saw your pictures, are you going to start a thread or document your grow? I want to see more! :biggrin:

Perolito

Hehehe lepa zadeva, bom kr sledil tvojemu podvigu :DD . Eno vprasanje, nisi malo pozno kopal buze in dal kalit? No ja glede na repertoar predvidevam da bo to kr postena operacija ^_^
Vso sreco sefe , mogoce bom se jst dal par fotk gor od letosnjega growa. LP

Good luck! Im subbed and may mother nature be with you :D

Phantomx

Mogoče bi jih lahko dal kak dan prej, samo imam premajhen box, tako da še niti nisem dal vseh kalit. Samo ta velike bodo že zapolnile luknje, manjše pa še lahko dam 1 mesec bolj pozno kalit in bodo naredile svoje. Luknje pa sem res mogoče malo pozno, samo prej nisem našel časa.

Upam da še vidim kakšne tvoje slike :biggrin:

Veliko sreče tudi tebi.

Perolito

It`d be better if we talked in english as this is an international forum, totally forgot about it to begin with:D. Amm ill post some pics when i come back from my vacation,ill move em outside probably in a week or so when the weather gets warmer so they can easly survive the night without stressing them too much, my girls are already pregrown and topped so this year should be plentyful :D

Phantomx

A little update:

I'm finally finish with digging my holes. At the swamp I had to little soil so I added to 1 150L hole (for my frisian dew) about 10% (good) native soil and 5% forest compost and the 500L hole for the ST is more 400 than 500L. I think soil companys are ripping us off, because I should have 50-100 Liter to much and ended with 100 to little.

A photo taken with my deer cam

I thought that the water level would be lower.. Now my holes start at water level. The "500L" hole might be even a little standing in water, but I think it's ok, because water level will drop soon.

Finished holes

Deer cam

When I last visited the spot, the deer cam had no signal, now I checked again and it had full signal, I hope it will send mms now.

Some more deer cam photos

Phantomx

Here it catched me

I really hope it will work now, because the next time I'll visit the spot is when I put my plant out.

I still don't have any pictures of the backup spot. I left my phone in the car, lol.

BUT, I have a picture of my little plants.

The one in the biggest pot is the ST, she's 10 or 11 days old. The 2 in the middle size pots are Trainwreck and Frisian dew. The TW had a bad start, but she's catching up slowly. This two are about 8-9 days old. The rest is 1-4days. TW is the most important plant for me this year.

All this plants will go out may 5.-10. Then the rest will be germed.

:thank you:

G

guest845704

Awesome idea with deer camera:D I cant wait to see frisian dew in that huge holes and compare to mine last season.:dance013:

Phantomx

I live at 46°, but latitude doesn't really mean much around here.

We have record temps here, outside it's 30°C. According to weather forecast, I could already put my plants outside, but the holes are IMO not ready cooked yet. I don't like this high temps, because you get more males from reg seeds if temp. is higher.

Edit: I also burned a leaf of my Frisian a bit, because it touched the lamp for a short time.

G

guest845704

You mean if the weather is hot you will get more males from seeds, or I just didn't understand that? Hot stress couse males? That's true? So now, if the sun is runing all day long, my seads have few days, they are shocking and converting mostly into males because of the heat? Please explain it to me:thank you: