What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PH

Levitationofme

Ease and simplicity. Also agree with Burn1, I have seen huge pot plants just pop up in the worst and strangest conditions. A lot of the time the worst thing you can do is over coddle a plant. Coddle it to death!

Teaming with microbes is a good read. Its a little dry, but the basic concepts are great.

Wonder how the hash farmers in Afghanistan grew and bred without PH pens.

Mr^^

Although they had no ph pens in the old days or out in the boonies, that doesn't mean they wouldnt want to have used them. People use what they have and make the best of things.

A good ole rock can be used to pound in a nail,
Im using a hammer.

100% agree its like helicopter parents too much
Coddling will likely be a detrement to your growing .

Read a bunch of logs from first time growers.....

We need a emoticon for shit stirring
:)

O

Orrie

I collect 5 gallon jugs of rainwater or R/O
Put the same 12 drops of ph down it it every time.
Always hit 6.5

Rain water is slightly acidic here in the PNW and I was thinking your catchment system may be the source of your alkalinity unless you meant to say you use ph up to hit 6.5?

Did you test the water before adjusting?

What testing method(s) are you using? Probe, drops strips?

Any calibration being done ?

I’ve held the opinion that testing ph is fine as long as the results are not skewed. One new grower friend of mine down the street was testing his soil ph with one of those rapid test needle probes. The needle never moved off 7 so he kept adding more ph down.

He knows now he would have been better off leaving things alone or at the very least …. a second opinion from another test.

In short, Accurate readings will hopefully prevent overreacting to fix a problem that wasn’t there in the beginning.

You gotta know where you stand before you jump

Latest posts

Latest posts