What's new

PH? Heat Stress? Salt Buildup? Pics. Expert Help Needed

page one. joe shmoezer. thats all the info you need bro.

Are you saying that im overfeeding at 975ppm? My understanding from page one was that the higher temps and use of GH Grow were causing N toxicity and subsequently causing claw. Remedy was to cut out the GH Grow and lower the heat which I did. Temps now rarely gets above 82 yet im still experiencing claw.

Are you telling me I should drop temp and nutes further?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Please trash that bottle of bushmaster. You, nor anyone else, needs to be using paclobutrazol on your plants meant for consumption.

Temps should be ok now... 75F would be better.

When you say hydro, what do you mean? 6/9 is generally for coco, are you in coco?

How much azamax did you use?

What strain is having this issue?

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Please trash that bottle of bushmaster. You, nor anyone else, needs to be using paclobutrazol on your plants meant for consumption.

Temps should be ok now... 75F would be better.

When you say hydro, what do you mean? 6/9 is generally for coco, are you in coco?

How much azamax did you use?

What strain is having this issue?

I am using coco with recirculating feeding. For the few fungus gnats I was drenching with .75oz/gal Azamax. Did this 3 times every 3 days. They have mostly cleared up but still see a few. The strain is Jack Herer. The higher temp of 82 I thought was good because I run co2 at 1200-1500ppm?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Ok... so you now have half your garden doing well and the other half still suffering a bit... correct?

Is there anything else 'different' about the half that's not doing as well? Different table/setup or something?

Thinking everything should smooth out here shortly.

edit: I don't have much experience with CO2... anyone see this as a lingering issue from CO2/Temps?

Hey jack, I've experienced the same clawing and was told exactly what u were told ( too much N). I was wondering u said u were getting it again after u thought it was fixed, r the plants that r doing it now clones from the previous round or from the same mom? I had plants from seed claw, then 3 months later clones from the same plants clawed even though I had eliminated the N and switched to half strength flower nutes 3 wks before flip.

MichaelVick

I am using coco with recirculating feeding. For the few fungus gnats I was drenching with .75oz/gal Azamax. Did this 3 times every 3 days. They have mostly cleared up but still see a few. The strain is Jack Herer. The higher temp of 82 I thought was good because I run co2 at 1200-1500ppm?

JackOG - did you ever get this problem identified??? If so I would really like your input...

I have plants that look the same way for several cycles. Major clawing...

Here's my setup:

Super Skunk
NFT hydro
GH 3 part plus Floralicious+, Liquid KoolBloom (all amounts exactly according to the GH simple recirculating feed schedule) Comes out to usually be around 1,000ppm (.5 NaCl scale)
Dutch Master Zone 2ml/Gallon
Bush Master 0.5ml/Gallon (added 4th week of flower which happened to be just after the first signs of curling)
pH 5.5-6.2
CO2 burner set at 1000ppm
84-88 degree F canopy
1000w HPS 24" from canopy (naked bulbs in hoods, no glass or air cooling)

Any other experienced growers feel free to comment. I plan to flush and dial back the nutes to half strength for a few weeks. Will also look into cooling the lights or raising them more...

Thanks for the help guys :woohoo:

gobyebye

Im not sure it can be a number of things, but i think running your temps at 88 is way TOO HIGH! iI have an emergency fan come on at 82. but like you siad your co2 levels try to makeup for it but theyre probably outrageous .. what are they running at like 1500 ppm??

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
I only have 2 cents, but I'd wager the entirety of your problem is your temperature is too high (in combination of humidity being to low, but it would prove very difficult for you to achieve the humidity needed to be tolerable at a high temperature) for the stage of growth your plant is in and/or your lamp is too close. Correct that issue and then you will better able to accurately fix any problems.. if you even have any aside from the heat stress.

the higher temps tend to make the plant transpire more so will cause more nutes to be taken up by the plant - so its a combination of too high N and heat. some strains will claw quite easily whearas others never seem to.

I don't believe there is consensus supporting that transpiration moves nutrients in a manner such that the plant benefits from increased transpiration. I've read conflicting research on the subject.