What's new

pH going DOWN issue. Yellowing Leaves. .

highonmt: My tap water is virtually RO water. PPM is 10 out of the faucet, and PH is 6.0.

UPDATE: I believe I found out what the problem is. It definitely is NOT FLUSHING. I've been veggin with Pure Blend Pro, then transferring them to the Floranova Bloom room. I dont think they liked this. They def need a nice flush every 2 weeks minimum. My plants look WAY BETTER now, and thank you guys for all the help... !!!

high road

Yay!
Keep in mind...

a flush every couple of weeks is always a good preventative for all sorts of potential problems... I don't necessarily think it was that your plants didn't like the flora nova, I don't think that switching brand name ferts is the issue. The issue is that you changed nutrient strengths...

PBP is good, but weak shit...you can dose at 2000 ppms and not see issues. FN is much much stronger. If you followed recommendations it was too much. Gradually lowering pH is often caused by too much plant food. The flush helped, but back off the FN a bit and see if that doesn't help as well moving forward.

Also if your not using anything else, I might look into some sort of magnesium calcium supplement. They are cheap and they can prevent potential deficiencies that are often seen with one parts like nova. It's hard to overdo those two...the more calcium the stronger and sturdier the plant...the more magnesium, the more photosynthesis, which means more energy, which means bigger yields.

high road

Update: Just finished flushing for a full day (got a good 3 - 4 hour flush). Put in a new nute batch, pH is at 5.8... used 300 ml flora nova.. PPMs are at 800 (.5 scale) = 1.6 EC.

I'm hoping it was a SALT BUILD UP.. the only thing that worries me is that when i checked the flush solutions PPMS, it was under 100ppm..... my plants DO look better after the 1 day flush though... hopefully they'll spring back...

what were your ppms when you started noticing issues? Was it rising or falling when checked?

I see advice on here all the time telling to test runoff ppm...and that is important to know...but every type of media has a different cation exchage capicity...which means that each media has a different level of its ability to 'hold onto' nutrients. Media with higher CEC take longer to leach...and the resulting ppm would be low but steady...100 parts per million spread over 4 hours is a lot of plant food. :)

UPDATE: After fixing many variables in my grow room... i still believe i wasnt giving them enough nitrogen during veg.... i tihnk they may have been suffering slightly from nitrogen def.

another update and pics coming soon...

high road: yeah im going to start flushing every other week now.. just to prevent probs. thanks for the tips bro