PETITION FOR THE SKUNKMAN!

• Yes, I want to make the best Dry Sift

Votes: 185 82.2%
  • No, I'm happy with my sub par Dry Sift

Votes: 40 17.8%

• Total voters
G

Gobwats

has anyone (outside of corp. labs) experimented with ultrasonic vibrations to the point of almost but not quite rupturing the cells but vibrating the heads off/separating out fine particles? I'd guess you'd have to have very precise frequency controls, but if you had the equipment, it might be worth a try...

I,ve been pondering that very thought seeing as how I have a 2.5gal ultrasonic cleaner that right now only gets used for cleaning SCUBA regulators and O2 equipment. I'm guessing the heat would not help like it does in removing hydrocarbons. What solution would you think would work best, plain distilled water perhaps? Some Iso? Come up with some ideas regarding frequencies and solutions and I might just give it a try (I'm definitely no chemist, but I am pretty good at making things that go boom.)

Seems like you could freeze the crystal, run them through the ultrasonic bath, then filter the mix through a fine enough micron mesh to capture the heads and let the stems pass through.

RESINIZER

Dry Sifted Hashish

Dry Sifted Hashish

I don't think it's a machine he uses. I suspect it's just a set of frames which any of us could do at any time. I've made some dry sift pretty damn pure with just a set of frames

Well said Chief.

I have had the chance to smoke SamS, Skunk dry sifted hash a few times. Nice Hash.

To be honest with you, I think SamS will take his secret to the grave.

RESINIZER

S

SevenSeeds

Theres only a couple possible ways it could be done....Wasn't the secret released? I swear my friend told me....

bubbleman

Veteran
You can make pretty darn nice sift with screens absolutely agreed on that one. Have made some tasty melty dry sift with the bubblebox,

but not like sam's............ sam's is in a league of its own from everything i've smoked personally.

Bubble man

You can make pretty darn nice sift with screens absolutely agreed on that one. Have made some tasty melty dry sift with the bubblebox,

but not like sam's............ sam's is in a league of its own from everything i've smoked personally.

Bubble man

Would you say Sam's hash is stronger than solvent extracts?

G

Gobwats

I don't think it's a machine he uses. I suspect it's just a set of frames which any of us could do at any time. I've made some dry sift pretty damn pure with just a set of frames

That makes sense to me; when you think back, the Afghanistan producers have been doing this way for centuries and I personally have never smoked any finer hash myself than some good Afghan bubblegum black (looked like small tootsie rolls and you could actually see resin when you squeezed it.)

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
has anyone (outside of corp. labs) experimented with ultrasonic vibrations to the point of almost but not quite rupturing the cells but vibrating the heads off/separating out fine particles? I'd guess you'd have to have very precise frequency controls, but if you had the equipment, it might be worth a try...

Ive used the small ultra-sonic cleaners for years at my job to clean dirt,and other particulate out of fuel filters oil filters ,hydraulic filters.The solvent we used is mineral spirits.The machines are very effective,the vibrations litterally buzzez the dirt right off the filter.Kinda like a tattoo gun when it buzzez ...they heat up as well that combined with a chemicals helps remove stuff

This technique you mention ,might work well,with the right solvent choice...keep us posted.........

Tony Danza

Why can't people figure their own shit out? Sam said he's not gonna tell us, he didn't say didn't think we wanted to know.

Hell, 56 of the 58 yes votes will probably never have enough raw material to pull it off anyway. Sam isn't a magician, most of his secret method is probably just a matter of effort and diligence, which is why it's so hard to automate.

Get to work on your own method or get over it. People are acting like Sam has done them some slight making by superior dry sift, no wonder the guy's so grouchy.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
:chin: perhaps he is trying to get a patent?
just throwing it out there.

hope this finds you all doing well. :kos:
be peaceful!

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
if he ever finally releases a device he will be so old by that time he wont get to enjoy the benefits of any money gained from selling devices. if he made a book he could sell thousands of copies for good money now, and still do pretty good though. he has said he hasnt a machine ready to release yet that is patentable, or something along those lines, or he would have done so already, is the supposition. no time to work on it. this whole tell us the secret sam is a dead horse, no point in keeping on beating it, its no use :D

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you want the secret just say . "pleeease... i will be your best friend. i promise"

G

Gobwats

Ive used the small ultra-sonic cleaners for years at my job to clean dirt,and other particulate out of fuel filters oil filters ,hydraulic filters.The solvent we used is mineral spirits.The machines are very effective,the vibrations litterally buzzez the dirt right off the filter.Kinda like a tattoo gun when it buzzez ...they heat up as well that combined with a chemicals helps remove stuff

This technique you mention ,might work well,with the right solvent choice...keep us posted.........

We use them to O2 clean SCUBA equipment that will be exposed to 100% O2, and they are great at removing even the smallest of hydrocarbons. For cleaning you should try some Blue Gold, stuff works great and lasts (the contaminants will float to the surface where you can skim them off leaving clean solution for the next go, plus it is environmentally friendly-a big plus for those of us dedicated to protecting karst regions.)

I was thinking perhaps some Iso with no heat might work. Wonder how using it with the heat would do for cannabutter.

M

Molly Kuehl

meh...ole Sam could die tomorrow (any of us could) and what good is his secret recipe then? Bury it with him I guess.....true meaning of "stoned to the bone" .

Mr. Freeman

just a fellow cannabis smoker, vaper, cooker and r
ICMag Donor
skunkman,

first of all, congratulations!

That dry sift looks like the purest i've ever seen. Never heard of you before bmans post on your product. Looks like you got some knowledge there you could use to your advantage. why not? I respect you got your reasons for not telling but please reconsider. I mostly toke bud but would like to try your method at least once in this life time. At least think about it...

Peace.

p.s. oh and please check out my trich pics on my BMR grow, link below. Thats what I want to get...

Limeygreen

Veteran
I got an idea instead of a petition how about a contest of who can come with the best and the judges be at the cup in the fall, maybe if you're lucky they could invite certain contestants who produced a high quality and are trusted etc etc. What the prize could be I don't know seeds maybe, screens whatever it may be I don't know. Why not push each other instead of pushing someone who has expressed they will not do something, if one man can figure it out get enough people together playing with things should be able to find a bunch of ways or at least close to what skunkman does, just a thought.

purple_man

Veteran
high all!

why hate on sam? let d man be... he owns none of us anything... from what the "official canna history" tells us, he already did alot for all of us!
i hope the ones who cry the loudest, start sharing their own "special" methods, which they developed over centuries, whilst helping others and getting screwed... whilst breaking multiple laws (internationally?)...

anyways, sorry for the stoned ramblings, but i think if everyone spends more time making hash and surfing/searching/begging less, we could perhaps all be smoking better hachisj...

blessss

Sleestak

start sharing their own "special" methods, which they developed over centuries

I know Sam is old, but I think that's pushing it a bit. ;)

And yes, should be content with what you have (hopefully it's quality) until a superior method arises, if it does. Like others have stated, whatever this 'secret method' is, obviously only those with lots of material to use would benefit from knowing....those same people probably have the ingenuity, resources and know-how to figure out a technique to get nearly as pure a product on their own,, if they so desired.

Good BHO and nicely sifted kif (from prime material) are enough for me.