What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PETER TOSH...

Goldenseed

redeye,what a great idea!!

I love his music and his person.....
cbf said:
Peter Tosh is real roots reggae with a message, you can tell it's from the heart, I like him better than Bob Marley even...
...very very well put....couldnt have said it better.I always feel a warmness and his good soul in his songs thats something i miss with the most reggae artists today.....the roots-one can feel/hear the roots in his songs.....im sure you guys get what i mean.The ethiopian should be a nice counter part for the lambsbread and i think he would have loved this cross.

A great project in honor of a great man!!!

Please keep us updated with the progress....jah rastafari!!!!

peter would like you to cross with only sats...fe doing karate!...fe sure

dunno if you know the story behind the pics you posted ?? the photographer had selected the best pics in order to show dem to the label ....and the original pics were lost , no copy .....
so the pics featured in the legalize it album are not the best ones from that session!! u can imagine how good are the one that were lost...

Limeygreen

Veteran
Redeye, I love the sound of this and am anxiously awaiting your results, the pure lb and the lb x eh sounds very interesting, pure eh sounds great as well though, wish I could help you out, but alas all I can do is send positive vibrations.

On a side note does anyone know where you can buy a quality Oom Paul pipe like the one Tosh is pictured with?

T

theBluntedOne

yeah Jah Rastafari is the Almighty , seen? You are making a great decision my friend. Peter would have been proud. I was thinking about a strain for him last year, I got a Little busy this year but am planning on making a cross next season. I wish you much luck on your quest of some fine collie. I will update you on what I decide to do. Probably Norcal genetics, i know he smoked up in SF and around norther cali back in the day so I will dedicate some fine sensi to him in the nature of good norcal ganja!!!JAH

bigherb

Veteran
redeye

much respect
i agree id love too see lambsbread x ethiopian highland or malawi gold .big ups this would be a great detication to honor a great man.

redeye057

thank u all for the input...i will mix the lambsbread with an african strain...i will document everything...jah bless and guide..

redeye057 said:
thank u all for the input...i will mix the lambsbread with an african strain...i will document everything...jah bless and guide..

Looking forward to this, please be sure to update us.

L

levant

Redeye this is such a good project,
crossing a Jamaican to an African strain is like "going back to Africa".

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Going back to Africa, levant just put it out!!!

Really love the man, his music & his philosophy of life :respect:

That said, I think a strain named after the natty dread must be something special! To me, thinkin the man and his beliefs & affection to the erb´the "Peter Tosh strain" must IMHO IMHO IMHO be a cross with an Ethiopian Highland :2cents:

Btw, what you tell us about your "Lambsbreath"??? Generally I think this would be great idea & project, we just have to be community and choose the holy integrients.. IriE!!!

G

Gratephul4THC

Redeye057, i give you much :respect:, I happen to love peter tosh's music and i feel as though he is not appreciated enough by the general public. People should be more aware of the things he did and how he was the one to teach bob marley to play the guitar.

good luck and be checking this page often.

-gratephul

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I would LOVE some pure lambsbread (non-hybridized) and I think a lot of people out there would too! An old dread in Harlem (NYC) laughed when I brought it up in '02 and said there was no more lambsbread to be found anywhere.

redeye057

thank u all for the kind words and thoughts the project is under way, and i am sure you guys will be happy with the results u see...
glock 23- there is still pure lambsbread, but can only be found in certain parts of jamaica, once i get my seeds of lambsbread stable that will all change...

bubble puppy- love those pics ...jah bless..

B4O2N0G

barletta said:
Lol, Bob was just in it for the money...

Thats ridiculous.He made great inspirational music from the heart and was not some greedy rasta.Bob gave money to the poorer jamaicans all the time.Without Bob Marley jamaican tourism would not be the same(in my opinon)..but ofcourse its a beautiful island anyways as ive been and seen it in person.Personally bob will always come before tosh for me..I think a seed company has made a strain called marleys collie with a story about rita marley giving them seeds or something.I cant think of the seed company though.Good luck with your project red! :rasta:

Rudedewd

I saw Bob Marley outdoors in Lenox Mass in the mid seventies and it was one of my all time favorite shows. I didn't have any herb that day but one thing people knew how to do back in the day was share. It was an amazing day.

Edit: I know Bob Marley might be a bit off topic in this thread but someone brought him up and that brought back memories. Forgive an old dude, lol

Last edited:

redeye057

b402nog- don't woory after i am done with the peter tosh strain i will be working on one called mr. marley...we can never forget what bob has done for the people of jamaica and the world...without peter it would have been a little harder,but let us not forget that we have two very special souls who are not here with us...if bob and peter where still aive they would been good friends again, not in pure strife over bullshit...jah bless them both...and bunny wailer i will never forget about you...one of the only original wailers left on this planet....i give thanks too jah for all of the inspirational music that came out of the wailers...one heart..one love...

Latest posts

Latest posts