What's new

Pest elimination during flowering

Rtaym22224

I have two plants started indoors now outdoors for a week and healthy and flowering.
I haven’t had a problem with insects so far but have been spraying the soil with BT and the foliage with home garden sprayer (pyrethrin main Ingredient) just to make sure during this time of stress environmental changes that pests don’t attack.
Can I use this pyrethrin spray during mid to late flowering?

If I do encounter insects mid flowering for example what product is my best safest bet for pests? Thank you sorru for the noob question

Growenhaft

you shouldn't spray anything more during flowering. your plant should have enough vitality to cope with the insect world.

where there are pests in the open there are also beneficial insects... that feed on pests. with their toxins they interfere with a well-functioning ecosystem... you don't do that outdoors. Inside, pests are so dangerous because there are usually no beneficial insects... they don't have any predators.

St. Phatty

Look for Ladybugs at the garden supply stores.

Personally, I prefer buds with bugs, over buds with pesticides.

Also after you harvest, the bugs abandon ship. So you just have buds with spider mite webs or something.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition... Boron, Molybdenum, Magnesium, Iron and the other trace elements and micros in high enough amounts your plants produce mass proteins. Bugs will not attack plants with high levels of proteins.

nono_fr

On the other hand, the plant produces resin to protect itself from insects. if you can limit the insects without insecticide.

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
You can spray water only if you want (at right PH) 1 time a week, like a liitle rain... I had some spidermites in flo 1 year ago and it worked very well; but nothing else.

Rtaym22224

Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition... Boron, Molybdenum, Magnesium, Iron and the other trace elements and micros in high enough amounts your plants produce mass proteins. Bugs will not attack plants with high levels of proteins.
Please recommend me some products with this in it in the right concentrations Ty very much

linde

Have u tried a milk spray? Not only will it kill pests but totally safe for buds and adds needed calcium,. enzymes,. proteins and sugars for bud growth. The oldest farmers trick in the book.

Airloom

Veteran
On the other hand, the plant produces resin to protect itself from insects. if you can limit the insects without insecticide.
I chopped my Stardawg the 19th of of September after finding signs of bud rot. My good friend had asked for another plant so I brought over a Stardawg for him.

It was in a 7 gallon fabric pot and was planted in the ground at his place with some FFHF and a good sprinkle of extreme Mykos.

He has been recovering from a freak accident and has been wheelchair bound going on four years now. I had initially supplied him with samples of my harvests until he asked for GDP as pretty much his go to remedy for nausea, body aches, or fits of depression. He says the GDP or Bubba Kush make things better. That gives ME reason to continue my journey in spite of the crap life throws at me.

Anyway, this topic of dealing best with pests in flower is an opportunity for me to humbly ask for help.

I checked in two days ago with my friend as I’m deep into my harvest and he said he hadn’t gotten anyone to chop the Stardawg (MSNL seed) I’d gifted him.

He does have help available so I was kind of confused.

Anyway I asked him to send me a photo so I could see where she was at. I saw signs of bud rot (to my eyes anyway) so I dropped my harvest chop/wash for the day and took my kit on the road.

Upon arrival I saw a plant ravaged by WPM and Botrytis (like just my opinion man) but otherwise healthy and normal late season appearance. His step-daughter even came out to say hi and took a good whiff of her and said she still smelled awesome.

I was still just trying to decide if this plant was safe to smoke or even worth washing.

Much of the discussion about bud rot seems to be about stopping the spread but this plant was alone and seems to have dealt with it organically and well. I told my friend this is the first real long term late in flower cannabis response to botrytis I’d ever seen.

These Stardawg plants I grew were very gassy and dank, but I was hard pressed to believe this one plant had basically sealed the botrytis in resin in order to survive.

I’ve read a bit about botrytis and have found mention of eliminating any contaminated plant tissue and discarding it far away from your grow. I know it can spread very quickly and ruin your whole harvest.

My question is, is it safe to smoke even after being properly washed and rinsed?

My friend is a full grown man but I did supply the plant …..

I’ve never seen an organic grow quite as necessary (due to his limitations) or quite as impressive for what a cannabis plant can or will do to survive and procreate. I’m hoping this long winded reply gets some genuine interest as I’ve not seen much about “how cannabis trichomes seal off Botrytis and neutralize it with excessive resin production” though this does appear to be the case.

1 cup H2O2 in 5 gallons water
1/4 cup Bicarbonate and 1/4 cup lemon juice
Lukewarm water rinse

Buds were submerged/agitated for up to a minute in the H2O2 rinse then to the bicarbonate//lemon juice and final rinse.

The buckets needed a LOT of skimming between buds and eventually I added another cup of H2O2 to bucket one and another 14 cup of each in wash bucket number 2.

The shit is dank and healthy hanging in his shed now……

Attachments

• 848284BA-14EA-4550-8945-2BDAF9C292EA.jpeg
    848284BA-14EA-4550-8945-2BDAF9C292EA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 315A646E-3B43-4C40-BA90-5CACD54560BA.jpeg
    315A646E-3B43-4C40-BA90-5CACD54560BA.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 50
  • 9B256D58-0C04-4B60-9729-3A225C156DF0.jpeg
    9B256D58-0C04-4B60-9729-3A225C156DF0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36

St. Phatty

I chopped my Stardawg the 19th of of September after finding signs of bud rot. My good friend had asked for another plant so I brought over a Stardawg for him.

It was in a 7 gallon fabric pot and was planted in the ground at his place with some FFHF and a good sprinkle of extreme Mykos.

The shit is dank and healthy hanging in his shed now……

Has anybody tried a vacuum cleaner ?

I'd be concerned about harming the Trichomes.

I wonder if anybody does indoors cultivation of Preying Mantises.