What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peruvian Kotosh Purpura

LostTribe

Premium user
Thats what I'm talkin ABOOT!

Great idea with the floor tubing! How they coming along?

Got any dry shots of the purpura?

Obsidian

Veteran
still curing Lost Tribe
but it tastes fuggin awesome
not impressed with overall bud density honestly
so light and airy, almost nothing to her, on a 6' 6" tall plant I
have 2 oz of what I call larf...airy buds.
goning to give it till march 20th before the big smoke test.

the high is psychedelic, I get those deep layered 3d clay like patterning happening like on DMT. interesting, but it's only for a short time and not the 3-4hr ride with the original nugs from Abram in Peru.
I'm thinking either more cure or a different pheno somewhere in the seeds I have left.

longer time growing, maybe physical age has something to do with it. we'll see I'm running her as one of my 16 giants this 2016 outdoor season. and she's 7months old now from seed.
otherwise I see potential as breeding stock, I'm thinking BOG's SSK(from free test batch) and his Sour Bubble.

or

the short or long hair pheno's may be what I'm looking for...

those girls are doing fine some pics in the albums from last week, they are def fleshing out now.
they smell amazing, the long hair is some kind of fruity bomb, never ever have I encountered this scent in 40+ years

the short hair smells intoxicating like a mix of floral incense and other delicate scents I can't describe, there are aromas from a long time back.

they look like they maybe ready in about 15 20 days
going for 1st week feb maybe longer if those trichs to turn amber.

I like the bud density and formation on the long and short hair girls, just wish i had macro camera skills, the just keep coming out a bit blurry or focus on the wrong area.

peace

t99

Veteran
Great thread! I like BOG lines and hope you do some crosses, but I also hope you keep this line pure also. I think that's where you'll find what you're looking for. Or cross with another S American narrow. I enjoy a lot of ind/sat hybrids, but there is something special in tropical lines. But there's only so much that can be done with limits on time, space, plant counts, and life priorities. Good luck with whatever you do!

Jon 54

PRESERVE!!

PRESERVE!!

Please don't breed these plants with any other strains EVER!!!!!
God has given you a gift of a lifetime,be ever so careful with the males, collect the pollen from them and store it away safely.You used up all of your seeds right,try to pollinate one of the females for seeds. Enjoy your rare gift.

Jon :plant grow::plant grow:

Obsidian

Veteran
lol, I've been breeding and growing since 1974
no I did not use up all my seed.
yes I am preserving her in a pure line too.
sorry, I will be crossing this with other a few selected cannabis species.
and yes, I will be sending in just a few packs of reg uncrossed seed next season for the server fund. and let fate go from there, let a few others work the line.

peace

Please don't breed these plants with any other strains EVER!!!!!
God has given you a gift of a lifetime,be ever so careful with the males, collect the pollen from them and store it away safely.You used up all of your seeds right,try to pollinate one of the females for seeds. Enjoy your rare gift.

Jon :plant grow::plant grow:

OPO

:tiphat: Hi there
@Obsidian:-THX for save them pure+regular
+ it s good that you make somew new crosse with em too:biggrin:
I think it s always the best to make bouth,-work for a IBL of the pure + some genetic reserves for more later and try to create some nice new hybrides :)

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Those are beautiful plants, so rare and old school, just fantastic! Please pm me when these are ready! I would regret missing these on the bay. Nice grow and good thinking on the pipe heater!

Best vibes!

Obsidian

Veteran
These pics are last week, I will post some current oneasap, they are getting real fat now.

Short Hair Pheno Jan-3-16

picture.php

Long Hair Pheno Jan-3-16

picture.php

Obsidian

Veteran
I just puffed a sample of the purple, and this shit fucks with my ears big time, sounds shut down, I can feel my inner ear like it's closing, and now I'm all opened up to the universe, shits weird man, head twisting, light airy, almost like there is nothing there inside, feel floaty and disconnected, kinda blinky in the eyes, maybe it's because I just did the whole wanke n bake thing.
yet I've never felt weirdness. will try some more here now.

ears closing up more, head opening up clear and clean, tingly and vibing sensations, more numbness in my fingers and face :) kinda speedy like that first day of school feeling thing happening
I like it...

high as a kite
nice and stoney

Obsidian

Veteran
pretty thick head still, def not a tired sleepy type of high, it's a very trippy visual spacey heady body high for sure.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
YES! Such a cool thread, just read through it all. You had me at Peru. Out of the several places I've been fortunate enough to travel to Peru has been my favorite to date. Out of the several places we visited there Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu really stood out.

*Not my picture*
Huayna_Picchu_towers-over-Lost-City-of-Machu-Picchu-Peru.jpg-David-Stanleywikimedia-commons.jpg

Out of our group I was the only one willing and able to climb to the top of Huayna Picchu. I'm not religious or spiritual at all but I will tell you while standing on the top, looking around, and observing everything there was certainly an energy around me. It was tangible and I could feel it. I get goose bumps thinking back to my time there. I will most certainly make it back there and to Peru one day.

I hope you don't mind me semi thread jacking here but I get pangs of wanderlust, really bad at times, and I like to vicariously live through other people's stories. When you get the time would you mind posting up some of your highlights on your travels there please? Also, thank you for taking the time to start this thread and share your experiences here.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Nice find Obsidian. I remember reading about good weed in peru being a bit scarce. Speaking to peruvian friends have indicated the same. Gonna try n link the thread but I believe what was found were what the locals called skunk and another was maldita. I wonder if what you have is the "maldita".

Found the post from ganjaman420:

just so you guys know this is what you find in peru:

la maldita.... best there is around, few seeds, sticky icky and realll smelly
skan.... the best you can usually find in the streets, real smelly too and sticky... if someone in the street says you're getting la maldita, they're just bluffing and selling you some really good skan(usually has red hairs)
la roja... this weed gets you fucked up alright,this is what you will most likely find in the streets.. but it makes you cough quite a bi... not as strong as skan and not the best taste...
ponz or ponzoña... schwag makes you cough a lot

Last edited: