What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peru

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Sativas! I had a roommate from peru who once found a seed in his bag from a place called Cuzco. I planted it, and what do you know? We ended up with a monster sativa we didn't have time for.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
so you never got to smoke her?

i wanna go there , but dont know where to go yet. thats why i ´m asking.....

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Nope, never got to smoke her unfortunately. She was in early flowering when I gave her away. Cuzco is famous for pot. I'm sure you'll be very impressed by the prices there. Machu Picchu is another cool place to go.

alphacat

Check out cuscoperu.com - not gonna tell you anything about the local herb, but a good start nonetheless.

redrider

Peru is the land of coca, I've never heard of any weed from there other then what my Peruvian friend told me. He said they get a lot of "imported" brick from Colombia that is so so quality. But Peru is a pretty big country so there's bound to be some great Sativa there if you know the right person.

Peace from Colombia

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
@redrider, there are few strong sativa´s there. People from here told me that, i dont know myself....

peace from Chile

redrider

I'm sure your right Moppel because Peru has some of the tropical Andes running though it and thats where the good stuff comes from for sure. I really don't know other then what my buddy from Lima told me and she's a real light smoker and not really "into" looking for the best the country has to offer. But just like here in Colombia (or any where else for that matter) its who you know there. Tourist and for the most part foreigners here in Colombia without strong connections never see the really fine stuff the country has.

Peace

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
@redrider, i know it wont be easy. But a friendly face (with money) always opens a lot of doors also.

@wamen, thnx. i know.

pico

Veteran
My first night in Lima a cab driver gave me a couple buds. I smoked a joint on top of my hotel and it made me very paranoid. I decided not to smoke the rest of it.

In Cuzco I smoked some as well. I think the Cuzco stuff was better. I think I was offered weed a few times there.

Iquitos had some shakey seedy outdoor. Lots of coke here.

Bolivia actually had some decent outdoor in a little town called Soratta (sp?) if i remember it had some blue color in it.

Nikogoyo

jejeje moppel looks like i rising you....jiiijijiji

peru got a lot of skunk's hibrids.......

but in bolivia are more landraces................ Sortata moppel, sortata es el destino............ya me lo dijieron

luego hablamos

Nikogoyo

one line is blue, another red.......in specific places araund of "La Paz", still i don't have the correct information, but i'am working on it

saluts

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Figured I would post here. Going to Peru via Ecuador in March...

Going to Quayaquil in Ecuador for 1 night and then to Mancora for a few days. Also thinking about going to Piura and Tumbes.

If anyone has any tips they'd be much appreciated.

boroboro

Make sure you get up to Cuzco, Macchu Picchu, or up in the mountains. I think it was around Cuzco where we started a 4 day hike on the Inca trails through the mountains, ending up at Macchu Picchu (spelling?). An amazing 4 day hike, full service with 14 native porters carrying all the stuff for us 8 gringos.

I would not have believed the highways these Incans built through the mountains 500 years ago if I hadn't traveled them myself. They're built with stones maybe 2 x 0.5 x 0.5 meters, huge, heavy stones. Hundreds of miles of them, still perfectly in place 500 years later. Amazing stuff.

Oh, and check out the floating city on that lake .... lake Titikaka? On the border of Peru and Bolivia, IIRC.

bobblehead

Veteran
My advice is to inspect what you are buying before paying for it. Quality varies widely, but some of it isn't even weed. I bought a bag of tree moss. Lesson learned. The next bag, I actually inspected (before I even knew I had tree moss. I had 2 offers in 1 night.) and it was nice sativa buds except for a few big stems... So I took the stems out, told him I couldn't smoke those, and made a lower offer. He rejected it, so I walked away, and he changed his mind... :) Two completely different situations, with 2 completely different outcomes. It helps that I speak fluent Spanish.
Miraflores in Lima is full of people looking to sell things to tourists. Go hang out downtown or go to the beach. Chances are someone will come up to you and make friends with you, and offer to show you around. They will get you what you want. In Cusco, well that's another story! lol... That place is packed full of tourists, and you'll have guys offering to sell to you right on the street. You walk by and they say things like ganja, marijuana, smoke... I hear the girls offering massages know where to get it too... never tried them. There's a street, Avenida Americana maybe, idk, my memory escapes me... You walk down this street and smell pot the whole way down... It was on this street and in a pizza parlor I got my 2 offers where I purchased. The street deal was tree moss.

I don't know if it was the altitude or the weed, but the sativa buds I got in the pizza parlor sent me and my buddy to the next level...
Hope that's helpful.

hi, i'm from peru, so I guess I can help, like the guy from colombia said unless you have some good connects you won't see the good stuff. most tourists are sold schwag for ridiculous prices...

also, i've only bought weed in lima, so these references are based on my experience in lima only, and i'm sure its a different story in the rest of the country(most likely cheaper)....

with that said, my advice is to ask a taxi driver, a guy selling "hippie stuff" on the beach, the guys that look out after your car when you park or some random young dude, they can point you in the right direction and most likely get it for you...

i would be specially careful buying it in lima... don't go into any ghettos or shady places, or get driven by your taxi driver to "where the good stuff is"...... UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES!!!! unless you're eager to get robbed....get it brought to you and make sure you're always near a store where people are or something like that... that way you know you're safe

anyway,i wouldn't pay more than 10 dollars for anything they show you, unless it's really A LOT and looks really good then i would pay 20 dollar tops.... so under no circumstances pay more than 20 dollars for weed, unless you're maybe in the jungle or in the mountains and get offered a big ass bag of some really great stuff.

2 years ago when i was there, for 10 dollars(30 soles), i guess i could get something like 8-10 grs or so(wild guess since weed isn't weighted in peru(unless you have really good connects and wanna buy some indoor, which won't be your case...)

i'm guessing in the rest of peru weed is even cheaper... so don't be afraid to ask for something better or more.... tell them you've already bought weed and got more and it was better and most likely they'll show you something better, you may have to insist... and negotiate the price.... ask for SKAN.... that's the best there is around in the street... peruvian version of skunk....

most of the outdoor stuff has seeds, but it's really good anyway, just make sure you don't get sold anything leafy..... sensi is really hard to find there, so don't mind the seeds....

if you were unlucky enough to get in trouble with the police, they're gonna try to scare you to make them give you more money than those pigs deserve.... give them 20 bucks or so... that's more than enough for them to piss off... they're probably gonna ask for more, but just simply say you don't have anything else.... don't be afraid of those intimidating pigs they are just bluffing with their bs...

weed in peru in small quantities for personal consumption should be legal... but that's for a judge to determine, so the police can have you stuck in a smelly jail for a night while they get the judge to come and start the process.... never get to this point, because you're gonna have to bribe more people at this point...

so if you were to get in trouble with the police try to solve it immediately with the officer who's given you shit...

well i hope i didn't scare you or anything, just giving you guys a few advice so you don't get ripped off by the police or the dealer, in general if you're careful(like one should always be when traveling abroad) nothing will happen to you...

just so you guys know this is what you find in peru:

la maldita.... best there is around, few seeds, sticky icky and realll smelly
skan.... the best you can usually find in the streets, real smelly too and sticky... if someone in the street says you're getting la maldita, they're just bluffing and selling you some really good skan(usually has red hairs)
la roja... this weed gets you fucked up alright,this is what you will most likely find in the streets.. but it makes you cough quite a bi... not as strong as skan and not the best taste...
ponz or ponzoña... schwag makes you cough a lot

maybe if you mention somehting about these names to the guy you're dealing with, he'll know you know your way around and it isn't your first buy... thus helping you getting something better...

cheers and good luck, enjoy your trip in peru!!:wave: