What's new

Personalsmoke pops his cherry

P

PersonalSmoke

That's right folks, I'm finally starting my first grow and hopefully in some time I'll be smokin' the homegrown. :joint: I've never grown a plant in all my life so odds are if you are wonding how to mess a grow up, this is your spot.

The genetics that I'm working with are Serious Seeds AK47 (6), SOL Blockhead (2), and MOD GodbudxDreamweaver (2) I soaked all of the seeds in a plastic cup with ph adjusted water and a little liquid karma which sat on top of my cable box for some added heat. 24 hours later they were put into paper towels in a plastic baggie, and 24 hours after that they were all showing taproots.

I placed all of the seeds into the soil and misted them until I had some runoff. The soil I am using is a 50:50 mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forrest and Fox Farm Light Warrior. I haven't started using them yet, but I am using Pure Blend Veg and Bloom for nutes along with Liquid Karma for suppliments and Hygrozyme to promote root growth.

All of the cups were then placed under 40w of floros to germinate. All of them were showing within another 24 hours :woohoo: Today is the official DAY 2 for these plants. Here they are, sorry for my shitty camera skills, but I still have to learn to take up close shots better

AK47 1:
13748AK47_1-med.JPG

AK47 2:
13748AK47_2-med.JPG

AK47 3:
13748AK47_3-med.JPG

AK47 4:
13748AK47_4-med.JPG

AK47 5:
13748AK47_5-med.JPG

AK47 6:
13748AK47_6-med.JPG

Blockhead 1:
13748Blockhead_1-med.JPG

Blockhead 2:
13748Blockhead_2-med.JPG

GodbudxDreamweaver 1:
13748GodbudDW_1-med.JPG

GodbudxDreamweaver 2:
13748AK47_6-med.JPG

I know it's hard to tell from these crappy photos, but does there seem to be anything wrong with these seedlings? I may have slightly overwatered them, but to be honest I am not totally sure. I also gave them very dilluted amounts of Liquid Karma and Hygrozyme, and I was thinking that this may be too much for them in addition to the Fox Farm soil so I plan on giving them straight water next time. How does this sound?

As for the rest of my setup:

I am growing in a closet that it about 2' by 4' and has about 6' height that I can work with. It's all fitted out with fans and mylar and whatnot. I put weatherstripping on the door but there are still some light leaks that need fixing.
13748Seedlings_1-med.JPG

My light is a 400w mh sun systems X. I didn't spring for the aircooled reflector but I think I should be fine without one for now as it's gonna be winter soon. Hopefully in the future I can add some Co2.

A few questions:
Some of the leafs are curling down (like AK47 #5), why is this, does it usually happen?

I know that I don't need to start using the Pure Blend, but when can I start with the Liquid Karma and Hygrozyme?

When should I throw the babies under the HID?

Thanks guys, this site and overgrow have been more help to me than anything else. This site truely is a great resource.

Last edited:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
You have some great strains going there, and a good sized light. Ill be anxious to see how they turn out. You seem to know what to do, just relax and let them do their thing.

become one with your plants *said in a mantra*

Good luck with everything and I think they look good right now, it is more common to over water than to underwater and easier to fix under than over.

G

Oyea

Oyea

man for sure some tasty strains for ur first grow..... thread bookmarked so lets get the party started.... got my popcorn & spliff ready player...

some good advise try to sex asap. b/c u really dont want monster trees taking up all ur space.....

thats one of my biggest problems is waiting to long. then im dealing with some big trees.

**GL**

P

PersonalSmoke

Finally got around to taking some pics. I'm switching to 12/12 very soon. Out of the ten seeds I ordered and popped I got 8 females :yummy:

Blockhead

GBxDW

The AKs

The whole shabang

:joint:

Last edited:
G

i c u had ur run with nute burn earlier on

so did i, but hopefully this time around i wont have that problem as much growing in coco

but they look good to me keep it up

G

PS.... Im assuming thats one of the freebee Blockheads????

It looks like its going to be nothing but bud.... not much branching....

It reminds me a little of LUI....

but why shouldnt it I guess.....

Ive got 3 BH started a few days ago....

that one looks great...

P

PersonalSmoke

Yeah I had a bunch of first timer problems. When they were babies I didn't a proper setup to check pH and that caused some problems, but i fixed that quick.

Later on they had a mag def and my dumbass added too much epsom salt (about 2x too much). I won't forget to measure twice agan, that's for sure.

The Blockhead and the GBxDW are both freebies. I have one more female of each, but those two are looking the best. Two of my AK's are looking like they will shape up very nicely aswell. One of the AK's has very strange swisted leaves, it has ever since it was sprouted. I'm not sure why (non of the others had had this problem, not even on one leaf), but it's by far the quickest grower out of my group and is showing way more preflowers than any of the other plants.

All in all though I'm pretty sure I should end up with something I can smoke on in a few monthes, and if that's the case then I will be very very happy.

Last edited:
G

Great grow! looking good, good choices, good lighting!
check out my first grow thread in my sig, i had a couple similar problems that you had, ie ph problems and a lil light burn but everything's good now!

P

PersonalSmoke

Started flower a little over a week ago. Looks good now as far as I can tell, they sure do seem to be growing fast.

The AK's

Another AK (bottom left), two blockheads (top two) and the GodBudxDreamweaver

Shot from the side

How much taller can I expect these things to get?

Some new seeds are just popping up now - 9 AK47's, 5 GBxDW's, and 3 Blockheads.

If anyone has any good suggestions for new strains then lets hear it. Thinking about the following:

-Sour D IBL
-Black Widow
-Super Silver Haze or Mango Haze

If there is something than you think is better than those above then let me know, cuz I wanna smoke it :D

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
When I was growing my AK I found that they doubled in size if not more from when i switched the lights

P

PersonalSmoke

UUUUUUUUUPDAAAAAAATE

UUUUUUUUUPDAAAAAAATE

Day 20 of flower, things are looking nice as far as I can tell. It's fun to watch them get bigger and bigger, and they have been. These bitches must be going through puberty, because there's hair everywhere.

Naaaaw...look at the cute babies....

I figured out when they will be done and smokable, and I will be able to sample my garden for the first time on my birthday. :joint:

actually it will be more like: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: but you get the point.

Nice looking grow you got going PS. I remember my first grow (only on my third). It gives you one hell of a sense of satisfaction to smoke something you've put that much effort into.

If that's all personal stash you are going to be set!

P

PersonalSmoke

frosty the 'dro man

frosty the 'dro man

Quick update, they are starting to frost up. The bigger blockhead smells nice too. Very nice. :joint:

Blockhead 1

Blockhead2

Once of the aks

P

PersonalSmoke

It's alright beaner, we'll just have to make up for time lost. :sasmokin:

One thing is for sure, I've never had a hobby that I've liked so much. It a week or two when they are really starting to pack some buds on I'll do a proper update with plant-by-plant commentary.

Last edited:
G

hey, i like your grow, you didnt top at all did you? i have one plant from bag seed that looks really similar except yours are a little thicker. im lsting and topping the fuck out of my next grow to see what kinda change it can bring, check it out, its in my sig

Latest posts

Latest posts