What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

personal Reason for growing

lusus

I started growing because I liked the look of the plant and 1st time round had 4 plants in the house, 3 of them females.
At that time I didn't even smoke the stuff so all 4 plants were trashed as soon as they died. I know, I know now! lol but at the time all I saw were 4 dead plants and to me they were worth nothing. Not quite the same now ;)

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i started because i hated paying hard earned money for mediocre weed the cost way more then it should have ,i hated being at the dealers place, who knows what kinda other shady shit he was into .so i bought a grow book then joined overgrow then came here when it was just a cpl hundred of us.learned majority of what i know here so i could smoke the best weed i could for little money .it taught me patience and i help out a few friends when i share it .i probably give away about 1/3 of what i have after a few harvest and my case of mason jars is full.it makes me feel good that i can do that and it makes them feel good that i can do that hahaa

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I just finished putting together another grow op. As I stood there checking everything out in the green safelight.. I just was happy, thinking to myself... I wish I could go pro at this.. love the setup, love the grow... love the harvest. Always challenging.

sheepfarmer

turned 60 a while ago and still smoke/grow my own. back in the day didn,t need a title ,it was just pot. glad to say l think the community is looking up....SF

armedoldhippy

Veteran
used to be for free weed. then, it was for better weed. ALWAYS, it was because the fucking feds said I couldn't! best way to get me to do something is to absolutely forbid it! I'm just an ill-tempered son of a bitch that way...:tiphat:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
The Indy 500 was THE Race to watch every year

The Indy 500 was THE Race to watch every year

Remember the STP Turbine Car ?

Due to my profession, I maintain a straight-laced appearance that, combined with my size/athletic appearance, makes dealers think that I'm a cop. Much easier to just do my own thing.

X

X_man

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]420somewhere said:

Remember the STP Turbine Car ?
[/FONT]

I remember that 420 ;) was about 12 y.o. then.

what about the STP novi? remember that beast.

anyways to answer why I grow is simple $$$$

fuck dealing with shady dealers, such a pita.

should have started a long time ago.

keep 'em green

turtle209

Not necessarily growing but hopeful seed collector. For me its personal yet potentially a path in my life. Only time will tell.

Where I'm from the dealers are your friends from the playground days and all of them claim to have the best bud when I just want to burn one and tell them all their stuff is great. Then the price issues come into play next. To get some bomb bud, I needed to grow my own. Free and How I Like It.

Nade420xOG

once you start you cannot stop,,over 45years now

I started because I just wanted to grow my own weed. Having something at the end of the day that you've worked hard on gratifies my clashing soul. But I still have yet to reach the top tier as I'm in my 2nd grow only(outdoor) like Gekolite said I just can't stop now

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Your problem is and I've probably point it out before

Your problem is and I've probably point it out before

used to be for free weed. then, it was for better weed. ALWAYS, it was because the fucking feds said I couldn't! best way to get me to do something is to absolutely forbid it! I'm just an ill-tempered son of a bitch that way...:tiphat:

You think like me and to hear everyone tell it I ain't ever(never) been right. :ying:

Why I currently grow is:
A) preservation of amazing stuff like BOG's Sour Bubble Genetics, which is hard to come by and almost immediately diluted by hybrid breeding.
B) The search for the perfect Indica.
C) I just like sitting and reading with the many plants like a tiger in a jungle.
D) It's never dry.

Why I Grow......

Why I Grow......

I grow cannabis for many reasons some are personal, some are medical, some are Political! But all reasonable and Logical.

1. I grow cannabis because I love to. I enjoy gardening altogether but there's something special about growing cannabis over other plants. It relaxes me and gives me peace of mind. When I'm in my grow room I'm at peace and my mind is free of stress and all I think about is my plants.

2. Smoking and Growing Cannabis helps with my ADHD and OCD. Instead of taking hardcore medications that dull my mind and kill my body Cannabis works better in an all natural manner that those meds could never do. And its free imagine that!

3. I'm an American, I'm suppose to be Free! Free to enjoy mother nature at my discretion as long as it doesn't impede on anyone else's rights. I believe whole heartedly that Nature CANNOT be illegal I don't give a rats ass what some silver spoon licking politician from Washington says Growing cannabis is my right and I will do it till I die!

4. I enjoy being apart of something greater than myself. I feel that the Cannabis growing community is like an international brotherhood. we all gather here at ICMag to talk, share our work, and make friends. It is a hobby as much as any other and I know someday we will change the worlds view on Cannabis, Look its already starting in the USA.

These are the main reasons I grow cannabis. I hope everyone can identify with my thoughts.

In Growing Cannabis we become Truly Free~

NYUrbanFarmer :tiphat:

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
I grow to live and I live to grow :pimp3:

Cannabis mesmerizes me causing me to stare for hours on end. :canabis:

BayBHuey

Latest posts

Latest posts