What's new

Perpetual harvest help

fluffhead

hello all=)
Maybe someone can help me figure this out. growing 5 plants in a c13, and having a seperate veg chamber, how would one go about starting a perpetual harvest? any and all help is appreciated and returned in karma "good or bad=)"
thanx and stay poz-fluffhead

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Perpetual Grow

Perpetual Grow

i harvest as individual colas ripen. occasionally i find the entire plant ready to harvest at once (olivio... lifesaver), but generally it takes me anywhere from a week to 3 weeks to bring a full lady down. i find the top buds go 1st... the lower section loves it that way as they fatten up nicely ~ :cool:

Perpetual Harvesting...

Perpetual Harvesting...

Hiya fh,
Good luck on your new venture perpetual harvesting I am going this way I think as I can not keep enough meds until the next grow :canabis:
I have been following a few threads on the topic! Caps a great Tutor check his thread and you will get a good solid grasp of things and read up on many other available Journals on Line there a few check OG as well. Here is Caps linik... <<<<CAP>>>> :wave:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The first thing you need for a perpetual harvest is... BALLS. That's right, you need the balls to say, "ok, I'll kill those 3 under-achieving girls there to make room for another set of plants." This will free up space to throw a few new girls into flower when the older set has been there for 2 weeks or so.Thus begins perpetual growing. If you want bud every 2 weeks, just plan accordingly and have the BALLS to make it happen. If you want to be a perpetual ganja farmer, you'll need to get used to culling off the weaker ladies to make room for stronger ones, and to make room to get the stagger going for perpetual farming. There's no real secret to it, just have BALLS :D :D :D

fluffhead

thank you

thank you

BALLS....thats almost exactly what i needed to hear. thats the best advice given so far...balls...i am gonna need those if im to kill my friends "plant friends". any other tips, or scenerios, or information i can use? thanx!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Yup, couldnt av said it better, u cant get sentimental and say, ohh, but its such a pretty a plant and i have nurtured it, u have to select only the best and reject all else. why only sunday i had to euthanise a sickly plant which had been needing too much special attention and not actually doing anything much to be worth it. cloning is something u have to get down in order to get a good routine going. at the moment my flowering room has4 starins in it,
1 great big Hindu Kush x Skunk #1 mum which im flowering out coz its too big to be manageable now and is gonna be replaced with a clone i took. Two clones from her are flowering also. these are from budget breeder, kulu. there is an aroura bourealis which was flowered last time round and re-vegged as a mom, then i decided just to flower it anyway when i finally smoked it coz it aint worth keeping IMO for my needs.there are 2 clones of this flowering as well. these are from kulu also. 2 x Mango by kulu again, these are great, been really easy to grow, and are getting fat, 23 days in2 flower i would recommend these to any newb, they are just beginning to smell and it really is a fresh fruity smell which really is similar to that of mangos. This cloned the easiest of what i have grown so far, only 10 days in soil, i am definately keeping a mum of this. Finally i have one of the Phoenix plants from the seeds given away by JLP, i only planted a couple, and saved the rest til i have more space for them, out of the couple i germed, only 1 made it above ground, and the gods were with me, because this solitary plant is a girlwhich showed within a week of 12/12 so must be a shorter time flowering pheno.these starins all have different flowering times, so i will have one harvest of the mangos, then the AB 2 weeks later, followed by the kush/skunk cross and clones another week l8er, this is another way to havestaggered crops, but it can be difficult fitting different strains together, growing one strain at a time is much easier IMHO

Well here's my 2 cents fluffhead. I don't know what5 plants in a C-13 is, but I have a perpetual harvest that I've been doing for almost a year now.I pull out about 1/4 LB every 7-10 days by simply putting into flower 2 plants every week. In return after some time elapsed, I was pulling out 2 plants every 7-10 days. I've been doing this with very good success in a 7'x14' room. I hope that helps ya some. PEACE.

ezozo

very intresting subject I am thinking a lot about it.
is it right that you can't do perpetual harvesting in hydro ?

thanks
zozo

Well ezozo, here's my take on the perpetual hydro. Now I'm no hydro grower,but my take would be you'd have to have a separte resorvoir, as different aged plants need different nutrient amounts.PEACE

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
dont buy 1 man, check out hogs threads on his home made version, just as good ans shitloads cheaper to put together.

argo 430

perp harvest

perp harvest

you need a cloaning or seedling area 2-3 ft in hight for flouros and tray.
you need a vegging area 3-4 ft high flourous or 250-400 w HID
Flowering area 5-8 ft high 400-1000 W per 4x4 area or smaller .

One rule "Take one out put one in" multiply rule by as many plants as you wish or have space for. as mentioned earlier only the strong survive!

deZerTomB

piece of cake

piece of cake

just start 5-10 beans every week for 3or 4 weeks, then just use the best ones first & get clones from these. you can pull the males or make some beans with the strongest male. don't clone the stragglers. put 2 into flower every week, that way a male won't slow u down too much. then when your clones r ready and flower room full, you can harvest 1 or 2 a week and replace with a clone. every week u can: transplant,clone, transfer, harvest, trim, hang to dry, taste test, cure. All you need is flower room for 8, veg for 12-20. Oh and all varieties that finish in around 8 weeks. The stragglers will most likely be discarded, but u might use them if the clones aren't ready yet towards the end of the 1st run. then as your 1st harvest approaches u'll have a better idea what clones to use for mammas. then keep your flower room full and your veg full & you'll be allright.

at least thats what I'm doing. :canabis:

G

Great info guys. Bluevelvet just posted an Italian perpetual harvest set up for me that had great info aswell. The only thing that f*cks me up having perpetual is a anal house inspection every 3 months...everything has to come down.....

Any help on how to stagger the harvest process around this constant interuption?

Cheers,
L&Co

G

I need to see a visual timeline i think...might get some paper and a pen and start plotting one out...thanks anyway

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fill your flowering room with plants!
Chop a few of them about 2 weeks before the rest...
Fill the (now) empty space with new plants.
Repeat until the cows come home.

It's so simple to get it rolling, most folks get started by accident :D