What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual Growing in the Time of Coronavirus (2x4 w/ mars hydro QBs)

Hell Yeah

Still haven't really identified the sex of three of my regular plants. But here's a picture from today i think it's lookin nice.

Hell Yeah

Well i have to admit that i got really busy and couldn't maintain this growlog, but i wanted to come back and share the most important part of the grow, at the very least, the end.

Currently at the beginning of week 7 of flowering and the plants are looking pretty strong. Just as some background, i had to cull 3/4 of the cuban linx for being male. I bought some more fans, scrogged the plants, and set the tent up a little more robustly, check it out:

I had a little problem with heat, which i believe is why the center plant got some premature yellowing on all leaves.

As you can see the plants still developed decent buds and some nice trichomes. The three plants that are left, from left to right, are dinamed cbd+, god's gift from an unknown breeder, and cuban linx by swamp boys.

Dinamed cbd plus smells like orange with a kinda musty smell.
God's gift smells to me insanely fruity like a grape candy.
Cuban linx has little smell right now, but has some lemon, pine, and garlic notes.

I top dressed these plants before flowering and after week 2 of flower i decided to start feeding powdered maxibloom.

I also started a veg tent:

Kind of a mess right now, but the front left is cuban linx, to the right is my friend's chemdog, which to me doesn't taste gassy but is instead funky/floral incense. back right is the same guys gelatto 33, and back left is the god's gift and dinamed cbd in the same 3 gallon.
I actually reused 3 of these pots of soil from the 3 cuban linx that were culled, and top dressed them in gypsum, neem seeds meal, kelp meal, and worm castings. I'm not feeding these nutrients of any kind, they are just growing off the amendments and what was left in the soil after chopping those males.

I will try and get back here and finish this growlog with a yield at least and a weekly update at most.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Well i have to admit that i got really busy and couldn't maintain this growlog, but i wanted to come back and share the most important part of the grow, at the very least, the end.

Currently at the beginning of week 7 of flowering and the plants are looking pretty strong. Just as some background, i had to cull 3/4 of the cuban linx for being male. I bought some more fans, scrogged the plants, and set the tent up a little more robustly, check it out:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82850&pictureid=2056578&thumb=1]View Image

[/URL][URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82850&pictureid=2056579&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I had a little problem with heat, which i believe is why the center plant got some premature yellowing on all leaves.

As you can see the plants still developed decent buds and some nice trichomes. The three plants that are left, from left to right, are dinamed cbd+, god's gift from an unknown breeder, and cuban linx by swamp boys.

Dinamed cbd plus smells like orange with a kinda musty smell.
God's gift smells to me insanely fruity like a grape candy.
Cuban linx has little smell right now, but has some lemon, pine, and garlic notes.

I top dressed these plants before flowering and after week 2 of flower i decided to start feeding powdered maxibloom.

I also started a veg tent:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82850&pictureid=2056580&thumb=1]View Image

[/URL]
Kind of a mess right now, but the front left is cuban linx, to the right is my friend's chemdog, which to me doesn't taste gassy but is instead funky/floral incense. back right is the same guys gelatto 33, and back left is the god's gift and dinamed cbd in the same 3 gallon.
I actually reused 3 of these pots of soil from the 3 cuban linx that were culled, and top dressed them in gypsum, neem seeds meal, kelp meal, and worm castings. I'm not feeding these nutrients of any kind, they are just growing off the amendments and what was left in the soil after chopping those males.

I will try and get back here and finish this growlog with a yield at least and a weekly update at most.

Welcome back, buddy. Some real dense buds come out.

The max power of TS600 is only 100W. Maybe you put too close to the plants. The center light or heat is higher than around plances. Maybe you should increase the distance a little.

Hope to see the weekly update here. :huggg:

Hell Yeah

i doubt it's the light being too intense, the whole plant got a little yellow like that with the light at 16 inches away. also it's just that one plant doing it. good suggestion though thanks mars hydro. your light seems good right now i think it was a problem with my passive air intakes on the tent. I've since moved the lights to only 12 inches away after opening up the air intakes, and the leaves havent gotten any yellower.
also i am maintaining a leaf temperature pretty steady at 75-76 degrees based on infrared thermometer.

Hell Yeah

So, yesterday i harvested the flowering plants.

this is cuban linx:

this is a closeup of the trichomes (sorry, it was difficult to get a good in-focus picture with my phone camera and microscope)

this was god's gift on the morning of harvest day:

and the trichomes:

Hell Yeah

Dinamed cbd+:

and a closeup:

I hung all the branches i harvested in the flowering tent, unplugged the lights, and reset the ventilation fan to turn on for 30 mins every two hours. The tent is about 70 degrees. I'll come back when I'm done trimming in a week and post a yield and some bud shots and talk my first impressions of the buds.

also i've got plants in 3 gallon pots ready to go into flowering. The total flowering time for this crop was 64 days.

OperationCondo

you already failed. sorry to be a downer!

dont use miracle grow! it has too much nitrogen in it and its just terrible low grade soil!!! go to a hydro store! also, that looks like WAY too much light for those little seedlings.

Hell Yeah

the grow has already occurred dude, i harvested a bunch of nice buds and they are drying. good luck in your future grows...

Hell Yeah

Thanks for the update. Hope to see the buds shots and get the yield number.

thanks for stopping by the thread again. i just wanted to say that i plan to post the yield after the buds are dried and cured, but that this grow had a lot of problems and the yield won't necessarily be indicative of the quality of your light, which seems like a good light to me based on my previous growing experience.

this was my first run on this setup, so it was a little rough. i plan to post a second run now that i've nailed the environmental component of this setup. the following months will bring cooler weather which should make the environment even better. additionally, i will be working with only female plants, whereas in this run i just harvested, 3/6 of my plants turned out to be male, and had to be culled weeks into flowering, which i believe led to a less dense canopy than i will achieve in the second run.

basically while i am going to post a yield for this run, stay tuned for the second flowering run because i believe it will be more indicative of the quality of your light.

Akss

Idk looks like you did pretty good to me summertime is definitely a tuff time to be flowering. Enjoy your buds...

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
thanks for stopping by the thread again. i just wanted to say that i plan to post the yield after the buds are dried and cured, but that this grow had a lot of problems and the yield won't necessarily be indicative of the quality of your light, which seems like a good light to me based on my previous growing experience.

this was my first run on this setup, so it was a little rough. i plan to post a second run now that i've nailed the environmental component of this setup. the following months will bring cooler weather which should make the environment even better. additionally, i will be working with only female plants, whereas in this run i just harvested, 3/6 of my plants turned out to be male, and had to be culled weeks into flowering, which i believe led to a less dense canopy than i will achieve in the second run.

basically while i am going to post a yield for this run, stay tuned for the second flowering run because i believe it will be more indicative of the quality of your light.

May i know when the second grow would begin? Buddy.

Latest posts

Latest posts