What's new

Perpetual grow set Question

biby94g

Hello all! Say you have perpetual grow set up 3 tents which gives you a harvest every other month giving that it the flower takes 8 weeks to be ready for harvest …. But now what I can’t get around my high arse head is flowers that take 9+ weeks to fully grow so then how dose it work? Will I get I have to cut veg time for it to work or just make the harvest every 5 week and so on?

PolyChucker

You have 3 grow areas:

Seedlings 24hr mild light
Veg 18hr medium light
Flower 12hr intense light

If the flowering plants aren’t done, then the plants in veg sit in there another week. No problem with that. I usually flower when the plants in veg are 2’ tall but if they are left a little longer and they’re 30” tall it’s fine

And yes people trying to crank out product will cut down a 9wk strain in 8wks and it’s barely dried before it’s out the door. The legal and illegal growers are not curing - that’s only for the local connoisseur growers. I think you should try take pride in making a superior product, even if it takes a little more time

biby94g

You have 3 grow areas:

Seedlings 24hr mild light
Veg 18hr medium light
Flower 12hr intense light

If the flowering plants aren’t done, then the plants in veg sit in there another week. No problem with that. I usually flower when the plants in veg are 2’ tall but if they are left a little longer and they’re 30” tall it’s fine

And yes people trying to crank out product will cut down a 9wk strain in 8wks and it’s barely dried before it’s out the door. The legal and illegal growers are not curing - that’s only for the local connoisseur growers. I think you should try take pride in making a superior product, even if it takes a little more time
One tent for veg two for flower.. working with clones.
Definitely take pride in it all the hard work to smoke shite… cheers bro 😎

Ca++

Well you want a bloom tent to turn around in 9 weeks, so an 8 week strain gives a whole week to get one crop out, and another in. There is no problem doing that in 7 weeks, so 9 is nothing special.

Why do you say flowers take 9+ weeks? Find a seedbank that lists by weeks, and you will see quite a few plants between 42 and 49 days. Perhaps that's your missing link?

With a veg tent feeding a flower tent every 4.5 weeks, you might want to think about flowering around 12 plants per meter. You see, you have 4.5 weeks to root your cuts and veg them up. Then start again.

Alternately you could put a table in your veg tent, as a dividing shelf. They you have twice the space in there. Your veg time could be 4.5 weeks in the lower ceiling half, then 4.5 weeks in the higher ceiling half. Now they are big plants going into bloom. 4 per meter perhaps.

If the timing isn't right, you could keep a mum in that lower half. Then you can start cuts at any time. so you don't have to take 9 weeks to root and grow. It's just too long, while 4.5 weeks is a bit quick.

You need to get pen n paper, to draw parallel time times of each veg area. Ensuring each stage gets the appropriate amount of space and time, without disturbing the other timeline.

I did over a year of 7 week turnarounds, and actually got ahead of the calendar, not behind. That's almost 8 crops a year from a bloom space that had a grow area feeding it, that was about 30% of the size. I grew a little tall, then spread them through a bloom net. So that 30% area, grew plants that filled about 80% of the bloom area. After which, they stretched into place. It was my industrious period, where I decided to aim for max output, not max quality. I change my hat every now and again to keep things interesting.

I have done the 9 weeks with 3 flower areas. Each veg session providing cuts at the end, that were in flower 6 weeks later. 6 weeks was a nice amount of time to root and veg for 4 plants per meter.

Scheduling is all about the calendar. If a new strain is slow, you can't wait for it. So new stuff can only be a small proportion of the crop. Once your on that train, you are riding it over the horizon. No stopping. That is how you grow copious amounts of marijuana. If a carriage at the back is going to derail you, cut it off. Or the whole train network stalls.

Fast plants and tight reins. Think about your trimming availability. Monthly schedules might mean trimming on the 1st, but months are different lengths, and the 1st could be friday or wednesday. Work in weeks if you want a truly repetitive schedule. So you know you chop on a Monday perhaps, so are always available at weekends for a social life. This is a calendar event.

Reading the opening post again..
If you have an 8 week strain, you are cropping every 4 weeks.
If yo have a 16 week strain, you are cropping every 8 weeks.
You just flower in the flower tents. For how long, is plant dependent.

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello all! Say you have perpetual grow set up 3 tents which gives you a harvest every other month giving that it the flower takes 8 weeks to be ready for harvest …. But now what I can’t get around my high arse head is flowers that take 9+ weeks to fully grow so then how dose it work? Will I get I have to cut veg time for it to work or just make the harvest every 5 week and so on?
There is a lot of variance in 9 week flowering plants. Some will go 11 but 9 sells better. (Integrityof seller)
I would suggest to find one strain you really like, and refine your environmental conditions to maximize the conditions for your best strain/hybrid/cross.

You will become much more productive and consistent with this approach. You will always have great smoke for personal use or donations/sales.

I will happily share with you what has worked for me, tried, tested, proven.
Peace farmerlion