What's new

Perfect little cab, yet not so perfect..

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
That power supply is sucking more power than your lights!!

Not so, bro. It's using just a little more than what the fan/s are rated. Otherwise where's the extra energy being put out? The power supply would be glowing like a heater (or a light), lol.

Nice grow man. I would keep bubbling the water if there's chlorine in it - it doesn't hurt to do it. Definitely looks like a textbook calcium def to me too.

yooo ninja!

Thanks for the confirmation and coming by to look bro. I just went out to get CalMag from floranova, and gave em a good watering of water at 6.5 with only CalMag. We'll see how they do. To be honest right now they're lookin sad, but then again they were thirsty and I've just watered them.

Looking towards the future:

I will be either purchasing or making my own flower cab, preferably with a 2ft 4 bulb T5 setup in about 2 ft by 1.2-1.5ft by 4ft cab. Now this means there are only.. 96 or so watts in there. I was thinking of putting extra 42w cfls in it to boost the wattage. Will be doing the DrGreen/Thundurkle/Anti's SOG (but possibly non-perpetual @ least in the beginning)

I'll keep ya'll posted, and suggestions too!
Whatcha think about a micro cab with CO2 and auto-matic drip feed!??

yo man, don't be so quick to blow off the dolomite. my runoff is steady around 6.3-6.5 and i've had dolomite in there since i transplanted last without pH problems. if you water with dolomite, i think it's 1 tsp per gallon, but if you're getting cal-mag don't bother. also, what are you using to water? i was using distilled water, but i recall reading somewhere that tap water could actually be better (if you let the chlorine evap) because it has some minerals dissolved in it, which distilled lacks. i think this and the lime together is what fixed my calcium deficiency. if you're getting cal-mag, though, you don't need to bother with the lime...just my 2c homie, keep it up. how are they looking?

well since the last time i posted (with pics), they got worse, and i've harvested clones off both of the plants, and they are in the process of growing back. i'll take pictures soon.

i've never had much issues growing pot. everything from low germ rates, to ph issues, small roots. now the clones look like they might not make it!! sigh.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Damn bro - sounds like you have brown thumb disease! j/k...hang in there. Wish I could help more but I'm hopeless with soil. Since you have the hydro nutes, perhaps just go hand watered hydro? (perlite or coco, etc). Good luck.