What's new

Pepper smelling strains

Mr. Burgundy

Got a PURPS clone from Harborside-sweet, purple buds, and very peppery scent when grounding the buds up. The taste was also faintly "peppery." Decent yield, I pushed her to 51 days, then 3 in the dark. The trichs were roughly 60% cloudy when harvested..

nevilles haze from GHS had a REALLY peppery smell

:yeahthats
My pheno smells exactly like black pepper up until week 11 or 12 when it starts developing subtle piney notes.
I've had Master Kush that smelled and tasted very peppery. The White Rhino I usualy get has a pepper/floral smell and a pepper taste. Unsure of which Seed Co. the MK and WR are from.

duzt

jack herer is great and peppery and jack flash is extremely peppery with that sweet and sour haze thing going on. Both will give you what you are looking for, jack flash is just easier and quicker.

G

Guest 16149

If you want a peppery taste and smell, then you want Black Jack (Black Domina X Jack Herer) it is real peppery :) It was a variety from Sweet seed company

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
If you want a real peppery plant without having to rely on getting the right phenotype then serious seeds kali mist or sagmatha seeds western wind.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The following is from the Wikipedia entry on Black Pepper - note that most of the terpenes listed are also present in varying amounts in cannabis resins:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pepper
The outer fruit layer, left on black pepper, also contains important odour-contributing terpenes including pinene, sabinene, limonene, caryophyllene, and linalool, which give citrusy, woody, and floral notes.
I assumed a while ago that most peppery flavours would come from sativa strains, and therefore tend toward the stimulating terpene mixes, but I did smoke some Black Domina a few years ago that was very peppery, and decidedly narcotic, so not sure if the flavour is as closely related to high as I thought - or, that the flavour compounds are modulated in a much more complex way than it initially seems?

Gatson

I have a Mr. Nice (g13xhash plant) that has a very peppery smell. The taste isn't as strong. The taste is still amazing....clean and classic, just not as peppery as the smell.

I assumed a while ago that most peppery flavours would come from sativa strains, and therefore tend toward the stimulating terpene mixes, but I did smoke some Black Domina a few years ago that was very peppery, and decidedly narcotic, so not sure if the flavour is as closely related to high as I thought - or, that the flavour compounds are modulated in a much more complex way than it initially seems?
You're reasoning could be right, unless the pepper sativas are also narcotic in a sativa way :). I don't have enough experience with them to know that.
Anyway, the effect of the combination of cannabinoids and terpenes on an individual is probably very complex indeed.

S

Space Ghost

many of the mexicans that i have worked with have a distinct menthol-pepper smell to them...

mr noodles

in the old federation ROMULAN there a peppery pheno that have an unpleasant taste for me . pure pepper with green pepper aftertaste . god i hated that pheno....but

it produced frosted buds way better than white widow and it has a small bud formation on big leafs . a some of the best bag appeal ever but fuck that because i dont like peppery and spicy stuff .

the frost was ridiculous

Bumble Buddy

...so not sure if the flavour is as closely related to high as I thought - or, that the flavour compounds are modulated in a much more complex way than it initially seems?

Just my 2:2cents:, found it interesting that you mentioned this because I do think the flavor/aroma is closely related to the high and the aromatic interactions and effects can be incredibly complex.