What's new

People who like the cold

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
I could see myself living as far north as BC someday, but I couldn't live in a place where snow sits for more than a month of the year.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate winter, lived in the Great Lakes region all my life basically. I agree with others here, this is not my natural enviorment. If it it was, I should be able ot go outside nakked and be comfortable. I hibernate the winter away, and if I can go anywhere it is in 4 wheel drive. I put on a winter coat twice last year, because I am never outside long enough to be cold. Both times I wore a coat I was nailing walleye on the river.

ROJO145

Veteran
I hate the fuckin cold,wish I was headed to sunny south fla this year but that place is in worse shape than upstate ny!!
Generally,people who like the cold have smaller penises than the rest of us:smoker:

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
Let's use some basic logic.

You can always put another layer of close on to stay warm. However, if hot, once you strip down naked....you're naked. That is all you can do.

You can hire gorgeous locals (sex of your choice) to rub you down with ice constantly. I mean, if I was somewhere above 80, that'd be my cooling method of choice.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO it takes a different kind of mofo to like the damn cold. Fuck that, I'm to skinny for that shit. No insulation ya know? I'm perfectly at home in the foothills with no wind, 100 degree temps and 95-100% humidity. Mountain Dew's not just a drink. (You ever stood still at 7 in tha morning and broke a sweat?) Mold and mildews a bitch but you get used to it. Anything under 45 F and I'm pissed off.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
been outside at -72 f before,that said,cold is in some ways easier than heat,you can dress up when its cold,ive camped out at -45 more than once,but when its 110 f out,there is little you can do but hide.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SWIM, if it gets to bad take your shirt off soak it and put it back on. Problem solved. A rolled up wet towel hung across the back of your neck all day will keep you surprisingly cool.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't mind the dry cold as much as the humid cold down here. That humid cold chills you to the core.