What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

People v. Jackson San Diego

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
For the sake of arguement AND brevity I won't lay out my master plan, but the point is, lets say, hypothetically that no one is ever gonna be able to grow for no profit like you say, that ALONE doesn't mean that the law right now is supposed to accomodate that so jurors shouldn't aquit people because of what they think the law "should be".

Change the law to say "for profit" and I won't have a problem but obviously the framers of 215 put in "no profit" because they knew they would never be able to get the law passed with a "for profit" clause because the fact is the majority of the pop doesn't want MMJ to be distributed for profit.

So jurors shouldn't try to over-ride that by ruling on how "they" feel it should to be.

Because you have no Master Plan....yeah...God forbid that a Juror should think for themselves...right?? And that they may come to the conclusion that the Laws are fucking whack!!
So let's Convict the person that has spent Thousands on Lawyers...to TRY and be compliant with the Law--
Yeah...that is the Right thing to do--
Gimme a Break!!:nono:

J

JackTheGrower

Worth a view.. A little long so get a cup and have a sit.

They cite cases the prosecutors used. FF and others may find that interesting.

Moreover we see the "Human Man" that Mr. Jackson is and, that, he is a wonderful person much like all of us.

While this case has it's legal boundaries or a limited scope under the law it is an example nonetheless.
If I was listening correctly there is another case coming up much like this one but it will be in Federal Court? Is that what they said?

Thanks to Mr. Jackson and ASASD http://vimeo.com/8099736

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Sorry about the crappy quality of the video. I did a rush on the processing to get it from tape to web asap. The audio is what matters most...

Peace & Activisim

J

JackTheGrower

Sorry about the crappy quality of the video. I did a rush on the processing to get it from tape to web asap. The audio is what matters most...

Peace & Activisim

It's your work! K+

So GrowTech if you don't mind would you care to share what that Federal case is? If not that's alright. I was thinking that this case on a federal level would be nice.. Meaning found not guilty because a person is medical.

B

Blue Dot

Jovan Jackson said:
I was nearly homeless before I became a member of the collective

Lindberg said:
A raid on Aug. 5, 2008 at Answerdam turned up 5-to-6 pounds of marijuana and a receipt in Jackson’s name for a $100,000 transaction with an investment company,

H'mm? I pretty sure the law wasn't intended as a means for nearly homeless people to get rich quick!

Greensub

H'mm? I pretty sure the law wasn't intended as a means for nearly homeless people to get rich quick!

I haven't heard of any of the collectives members complaining about his compensation, it's really only their business. That being said, most collective members are very lackadaisical about finding out how to participate in their collectives.

Koroz

So jurors shouldn't try to over-ride that by ruling on how "they" feel it should to be.

If they feel the law is unjust and tyrannical that is EXACTLY what they as US citizens are to do as a Duty to their fellow citizens.

Jury Nullification is an example of this process.

According to you there should be no jurors. I mean they should only let the lawyers and politicians decide the law and then prosecute and defend with impunity to the written letter of the law... That isn't how our system is supposed to work and it is part of the reason we have the judicial system with a jury.

J

JackTheGrower

I will break my silence. You are a nut job.

The American Ideal is that we can lift ourselves up with effort.

May I suggest you take a break from blathering. Really. Constructive negativity is all right with me but you are like a blind man following a wall he has never felt before and describing the truth about a building he can't see.

Take that as friend to friend is what I am trying to do here so it's not an invite to a war. I don't want one.. You have been making the effort here for a long time you have a place here but man try a bit will you?

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
100k isn't close to rich. If someone thinks it is, it only demonstrates that person is a piker. It's irrelevant that it was going to an 'investment' company because a firm that runs a treasury money market would be classified as such, and is a totally acceptable place for operating reserves.

Grow Tech

Veteran

I've repeatedly invited you out to the ASA SD meetings. You could have talked with Jovan about anything you wanted if you got out from behind your keyboard.

B

Blue Dot

I've repeatedly invited you out to the ASA SD meetings. You could have talked with Jovan about anything you wanted if you got out from behind your keyboard.

I'm glad you brought that up because I really appreciated your video but would have liked to see the Q&A afterword. Did you just run out of memory on the camera? Just curious why the Q&A wasn't presented. Maybe it could have answered some of my questions.

But isn't the beauty of the internet so that if you are willing to record and post video then people like me don't have to get out from behind their keyboard?

I mean I'm able bodied but I'm sure there are many who are too sick to travel so thank you for posting the vids, it's a valuable service to the MMJ community.

Grow Tech

Veteran
The Q&A is on tape. I did a rush to get the main portion of the video posted asap. The rest to follow. Profit was never part of this trial and as such, the discussion didn't spend much time centered there.

johnnyla

Veteran
I'm glad you brought that up because I really appreciated your video but would have liked to see the Q&A afterword. Did you just run out of memory on the camera? Just curious why the Q&A wasn't presented. Maybe it could have answered some of my questions.

But isn't the beauty of the internet so that if you are willing to record and post video then people like me don't have to get out from behind their keyboard?

I mean I'm able bodied but I'm sure there are many who are too sick to travel so thank you for posting the vids, it's a valuable service to the MMJ community.

when does the Blue Dot Dispensary open up?

:tree::santa1:

deejaycruise

I am totally amazed at this discussion. There is no more a reason this guy is not guilty than there was for OJ. Its obvious that those that support this activity just want to continue to grasp at decisions like this which furthers the belief in some that this activity is legal when the fact is it is not. The laws do not ever mention sales, they mention a section of the code where one of the activities is sales. Any exchange of cash for marijuana is illegal. What is legal is for you and others to associate collectively to cultivate marijuana, each doing as they can and sharing what they get. If someone is too lazy or ill or incompetent to live without assistance they may have whoever provides that assistance to do their part in the collective as a caregiver and may compensate that individual for their work (not for the marijuana) as they may agree between themselves. No such provision is available to those criminals who call themselves operators, founders, board member or any other term they choose to use. Stupid people are always on juries because generally its people whose employers compensate them while they are on the jury as a part of their union benefits.
Opposing opinions will be read but only because I like to laugh at the stupid and ignorant as do many others, remember borat.

Greensub

I am totally amazed at this discussion. There is no more a reason this guy is not guilty than there was for OJ. Its obvious that those that support this activity just want to continue to grasp at decisions like this which furthers the belief in some that this activity is legal when the fact is it is not. The laws do not ever mention sales, they mention a section of the code where one of the activities is sales. Any exchange of cash for marijuana is illegal. What is legal is for you and others to associate collectively to cultivate marijuana, each doing as they can and sharing what they get. If someone is too lazy or ill or incompetent to live without assistance they may have whoever provides that assistance to do their part in the collective as a caregiver and may compensate that individual for their work (not for the marijuana) as they may agree between themselves. No such provision is available to those criminals who call themselves operators, founders, board member or any other term they choose to use. Stupid people are always on juries because generally its people whose employers compensate them while they are on the jury as a part of their union benefits.
Opposing opinions will be read but only because I like to laugh at the stupid and ignorant as do many others, remember borat.

You have an incredibly narrow definition of a collective or co-op, one that isn't realistic. All their 1600 or so members contributed time &/or money to collectively grow marijuana. Not every single individual is going to be involved in the actual cultivation, nor should they be, that's the whole point of growing collectively. Duh.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

Wow!! I find it....let's say, Confusing...that you would have such a stance--
As I remember talking to you outside one of your D's...while Pauly had considerable amount of our $$ inside....you seemed happy enough at the time to collect cold hard cash!!
No disrespect bro, but it just doesn't seem you are being very real on this--
Peace--Jim

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
I just read a story about a blind guy in HI. Yeah, real easy to grow when you can't see what you're doing.

CA needs a ballot initiative to define dispensary rules so these arguments can stop and the sick can get their medicine. Blue Dot, get out there and start collecting signatures.

deejaycruise

You have an incredibly narrow definition of a collective or co-op, one that isn't realistic. All their 1600 or so members contributed time &/or money to collectively grow marijuana. Not every single individual is going to be involved in the actual cultivation, nor should they be, that's the whole point of growing collectively. Duh.
Your wrong, you have to be involved in the growing or appoint the one that currently cares for you to do that and compensate them.

Wow!! I find it....let's say, Confusing...that you would have such a stance--
As I remember talking to you outside one of your D's...while Pauly had considerable amount of our $$ inside....you seemed happy enough at the time to collect cold hard cash!!
No disrespect bro, but it just doesn't seem you are being very real on this--
Peace--Jim
Back then I believed the bullshit you found in sites like OG and others. After my loss and after the supremes refused to hear it I reviewed all the facts and determined what bullshit is what and what the truth is. It seems there are many that can not handle the truth yet and in so doing are putting others that read their misinformation and place themselves in jeopardy. For instance a guy with a large grow in one city will be sitting in a bakersfield prison and one in another gets off because of a jury. Both believed the lies that it was legal, its just one got the OJ freedom treatment by a jury that had no concern for the facts.
he's probably just pissed because his D got popped in this guy got off.
Mine getting popped was a civil matter for the purpose of clarifying what the law was without risking my freedom, in that it was successfull. I had to continue my case to make absolutely certain no one could say I ever profited by my operating a D for a short period of time. Now I know.
I just read a story about a blind guy in HI. Yeah, real easy to grow when you can't see what you're doing.

CA needs a ballot initiative to define dispensary rules so these arguments can stop and the sick can get their medicine. Blue Dot, get out there and start collecting signatures.
That guy from hawaii if he was in california under california laws would be entitled to have whomever assists him on a regular basis go to a collective and become a member and perform cultivation activities, pay some expenses directly to the provider of the expensed items and reap a share of the harvest, if he were to designate that individual as a caregiver for marijuana in addition to his other caregiver tasks. Thats the law in California, no money should ever change hands at the collective level between members, thats only for caregivers, read the law. Better yet try the law in an open and notorious manner and call the business something that would be certain to let everyone know what you are doing, like maybe CANNABIS, then challenge the authorities to do anything about it.