What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peer to peer programs

S

Stone Skunk

What is the best and safest program to use to download music and such?
Ive heard limewire, hows about it?

NightFire

I dislike limewire...to many viruses and trash files...I download torrent files and I use uTorrent

Torrents are typically safer and faster than peer to peer...

spectrum

i dont know why u would use torrent for music downloading, unless maybe u wanted an entire album or discogrophy.

i use soulseek. i think the website is www.slsknet.org. very good program that doesnt seem to have any residuals/spyware.

for torrents & such, i use that Azureus program.

Last edited:
G

Bittorrent. No other stuff needed.. Well ok maybe for single mp3s, but that's what internet buddies are for :lurk: :wave:

G

demonoid.com for the torrents, utorrent as the torrent program..mininovas a good torrent site too

dc++ is a good p2p program for hard to find albums.

dont forget to download Peer Guardian before downloading!

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
longdivision said:
demonoid.com for the torrents, utorrent as the torrent program..mininovas a good torrent site too

straight up :yeahthats

demonoid is sweet if you are registered. love mininova too. they have an easier layout to deal with than demonoid imo, but not as much shit. its nice to have a few sites to check if one doesn't have what you want.

dc is what i used to use all the time a few years ago. cool program but you have to do more sharing to get shit you want.

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
BitTorrent is by far the best for downloading any type of file you want.

uTorrent is my client of choice. I use Torrentspy.com and Torrentz.com.

And for rarer music files I use Soulseek.

Last edited:

diggle

Bittorrent, and bittorrent some more. If you don't want a whole album/discography you can simply deselect the files you don't want before a dowload starts using any number of BT clients such as BitComet, BitLord, and Azureus....make sure you've got one of those running and take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the program, it's a very useful tool.

Not that I would ever do anything illegal...that would be bad.

i prefer limewire for music single tracks, ive gotten some movies as well of limewire,havent gotten any viruses... bit is ok but it takes forever to download large files(you know when it is like 1dl/20 ul).. unless you get a well shared file then its ok.. i usually go to mininova.org its the same format as suprnova..pretty cool for movies and non multiplayer games..

I usually use limewire for music/video, occasionally I'll use some sort of torrent. I don't really worry about viruses/spyware ect, because I use linux, and theres alot less viruses made for linux...

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
longdivision said:

yep, demoniod (as long as you have an account, public demonoid sucks) pretty much takes care of everything. i need

hell i even got that old nickelodain show "Salute your shorts" dvd off of there... talk about some obscure shit

styx

demonoid.com RIP =(

Is there a kind of a replacement?
Some say that goem.org and funfile.org are OK, but they require invites to register...