What's new

Peakseed Blueberry

harry74

Veteran
KushBerry window flowering

KushBerry window flowering

Instead of culling the KB like the male, I have put here flowering on the window.
I use the big carboard box for the dark period.

I don´t think the quality of the bud will be great, but I have never done a Winter/spring flowering this way, so I raise to the ocasión to experiment and be able to learn somenthing new.

We have around 11 hours of natural light right now around here.

browntrout

Veteran
If you keep up with the photoperiod I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the window plant. I grew some tiny TTxSS in a window, and the SS leaning gal was some of the best I've smoked, very sweet like sugar cubes with a little spice. Shit was like euphoric rocket fuel, very much different from indoor and outdoor grows.

BT

de145

Hey guys, read through every post with interest as my first commercial seeds were from Peak as well.

Peak are excellent but one time they sent me an incorrect order, it contained a TTxBlueberry and a SkunkxSkunkBerry which are both odd in that I don't recall ever seeing them on their site. They told me to just keep them and sent my correct order so they've been in storage for a couple of years but I store *very* carefully so I'm sure they will germ.

Has anyone tried these particular strains? (I'm thinking of giving them a try after reading all this)

Low smell
-----------
One of the breeding goals of Island Sweet Skunk is as little smell as possible so all those strains that combine with it are likely to be low smelling in a lot of the phenos.

Origins of Blueberry
-----------------------
I'm not sure if you guys have seen this or not but DJ Short posted a very good summary of how he bred Blueberry and it explains a lot about the tendency to hermie from the Thai etc. More here: http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1511.html

Huge size
-----------
I think Peak go to great lengths to be quality breeders and the huge plant size is typical evidence of hybrid vigour in a cross between two completely unrelated parents.

Blueberry warped leaves
----------------------------
I've found (and read often) that the warped leaves in Blueberry is most evident in immature plants and tends to go away as they get bigger so all those shots of seedlings with warped leaves are pretty typical.

F2
--
I bet the F2's of Blueberry will have some that lean heavily Thai with very thin long finger leaves. If anyone finds one of those it's likely to be a very good high as I bet it provides almost completely the high that makes BB famous. I think the afghan in it mostly is for the shorter flowering time and density.

Taste
------
I noticed when I grew Peak Blueberry the last time that it was indeed very nute sensitive and this is also likely due to the Thai sativa lineage. Since those days, I've grown a *lot* of different pure sativas from Ace seeds and learned a lot; they almost all require far less nutes than hybrid indica lineage plants.

My Blueberry harvest back then was not tasty at all, kind of cardboard but it was also very dark green at harvest and I've since learned that is always going to result in a crappy taste.

(Also I didn't know back then how bad it is to dry too quickly so I would end up with a lot of hay smelling crap)

I've just started another Peak blueberry from seed and this time around I'm going to treat it like my other Ace sativas and feed it extremely sparingly and finish it off at colder temps in the last four weeks which I've found is critical if you want good taste and sticky dense buds.

So I would normally grow at peak "day" temps of 24c / 75f for the first few weeks then when it's 3-4 weeks from harvest I'll try to drop the temp down to no more than 22c / 71.6f until harvest (weather permitting). Ideally it will have dropped most fan leaves by harvest, turned all kinds of spectactular colors and taste as good as it's genes will allow. Also dried slowly and cooly for the first few days before bringing down to 65% humidity for storage in order to preserve the flavor.

Hope some of this helps and any ideas / tips on what those unusual Peak seeds I have might turn out and if they sound like good combinations would be greatly appreciated.

harry74

Veteran
BB f2 left is male

BB f2 left is male

The BB F2 left to sex ( pale/light Green one) is a male.

6 females 1 male.

Great ratio anyway.

harry74

Veteran
update 28 days 12/12

update 28 days 12/12

Morning

Plants doing well; diferent phenos in SSH X BB and Lavender X BB. I have switch on the deshumidifier to keep the max around
60 % even when the light is off.

The Blue Dream X BB start to smell quite strong.

Some shots taken this morning.....

browntrout

Veteran
Bud sights are coming up, I would definitely ease back on the nutes, They look fine but I would say BB is best served over-flushed and over-ripe? Just my two scents.

Fugees definitely have some dope beats ;)

BT

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice harry74 ...... heres my little blueberry 4 weeks flower starting to smell like some kind of candy
picture.php

harry74

Veteran
About nanners

About nanners

Hello Icon looking nice.

As said before on my first run with Blueberry some of the plants
Had few nanners, as seen in the pics.
I didn´t have any heat issues and this happened at the end of flowering. I understand it is a natural thing.
I didn´t find any seed on the buds....

The bananas were all located in the lower buds/lower branches;I think it´s a good idea to check this parts from the 6th week of flowering till the end, just in case.......