What's new

Peakseed Blueberry

harry74

Veteran
Glo F2 &family

Glo F2 &family

The 13 seedlings coming fine, there is 1 Glo F2 looking a bit lazy,just adapting to the idea that he is alive.
Well, I think Einstein didn´t talk till he was around 4 years old, so a slow start means nothing really yet.

harry74

Veteran
5 hybrids down

5 hybrids down

Just put down BD x BB #2 the 3 SSH X BB and Somango X BB#2.

Quite happy.
BD X BB #2 smells like #1 but some more weight.

SSH X BB smelling incense like the mom I used. Quite skunky looking buds, solid central cola, soft/floffyer lower buds.

Somango X BB #2 smells mango, stronger than somango,more resin too.

A bit of purple in most plants.

I´m guessing that the overall crop will be around 350gr.

Some pics....

harry74

Veteran
Hey BT

No real improvement, still quite flat.

I think that everything tells me that the line is going down.

Fertility problems when making the seeds with the females, quite low germination rates, low vigour.....

The male is OK.
I need a female from another BB line; I´ll be watching your outdoor thread for options.

browntrout

Veteran
Harry I'm trying to make an end all for the blueberry strains and prove which is best in areas BB is known for: Euphoric high, BB smell/Taste, coloration. I'll chuck ya some of the BB xBB crosses in seed when I get there.

I think a good male can be found in peak, I'm sure as you've found out it breeds better than it is?

25/30 Peakseed BB germed in 3 days so that's pretty respectable.

here is a link to the BB vs BB vs BB vs BB vs MOB lol

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=284352

BT

harry74

Veteran

Mornin BT

Always great to see different BB lines growing outdoors same conditions. Good germ rate.

I´m testing this male, is going to throw pollen the upcoming days. Doesn´t smell much at all he is going to the compost pile.

Daddy had much more smell even before opening the flowers.

Besides this, the other seedlings are doing fine; BD X Bay 11 has more vigour than Mistery and Glo F2.

I´ve got another KB clone that will go into flowering next week as there is space on the tent.

Greetings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_CEzmqAWWc

Sendin´ the Vipers Mezz Mezzrow

harry74

Veteran
Morning BT

The male is in the compost pile.

He was similar to Daddy but no smell... some flowers opened,no much pollen, no interesting.

KB X BB doesn´t make sense to me. I´ve got a pack so a new hunting for a male&interesting females makes more sense to me ( KB X KB). That female comes from just 4 seeds.

If I cross her with BB the flowering time is going to go up, I´m afraid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XenJ8RJD4Ck

No se puede caminar
sin colaborar, con su Santidad
El Señor Matanza

Mano Negra.

browntrout

Veteran
True enough, KB always sounded like a winner to me.

Would love to grow Sweet skunk indoors someday

BT

harry74

Veteran
Morning BT

I was yesterday checking some Peak Seeds reviews and I saw 1 grower commenting that his male/female ratio with Peak´s gear is 3 male for every 7 female.

Do you remember your own numbers, just curious about the ratios of other growers as my ratio till now has been 12 seeds ( 4 KB + 8 BB ) 2 males 10 females.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozDKma0drSQ

somos héroes de la clase obrera,

en el dia 1 de Mayo nos quedamos en la cama.

Lendakaris Muertos:pirate:

browntrout

Veteran
Harry,

I can't really remember what my ratios where but I think they were greater than 50/50 and thats good for my environment. Usually I get more males when starting Outdoors.

If you want more females I would keep the environment as dry as possible from germ through seedling stage. It works trust me. The only rational I can put to why it works is that a dry climate allows pollen to spread more easily and therefor plants that are not "true" in gender will have a greater rate of becoming females. Where was a wet environment would need more pollen to spread at the same rate, resulting in higher male ratio.

I've also read that seeds started in rooms full of females will tend to be males, no experience there though.

I know your past the stages but just a tip to anyone in need. Your ratio's are very good!

BT

PS

You may have to teach me spanish, I've taken two classes and haven't learned shit.