What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

20211112_162223.jpg

PCBuds

I found out that we have invasive Asian Lady Bugs 🐞 that are taking over our native species.

They have varying colors ranging from orange to red as well as varying degrees and numbers of spots on their shell.

This particular specimen has no spots at all .?

I didn't bring in a spotless ladybug so it must have flown in ?
(or the spots faded away after I brought it in ?)

The Asian Lady Bug, secretes a liquid that stinks worse than shit to defend itself from predators.

That's what's on my leaves.
(although their was a turd too. lol)

This beetle found her own way on to my plant.

I'm just going to leave her be.

If I piss her off, she'll squirt stank on my plant. lol

They are still a beneficial bug, (as foreign as they are) ,and eat aphids and all kinds of nasty stuff, and they don't harm the plant.
Unless you piss them off and they drop a stink bomb on your plant.

I don't care about my leaves, but I don't want a stink bomb on my flowers!

PCBuds

It looks like you have another volunteer plant growing beside your main plant, I wonder what it is?

If you're talking about these plants, that picture is from January 16th of last year....

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211112_192555.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	17988895

That little plant was discussed but I'm still not sure what it was ?

This is what they grew into.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211112_192555.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	17988895

I want to do that again, but I don't have a lucky plant this time.

I do have a few lucky beetles 🐞 though. lol

PCBuds

Thanks guys.

I'm pretty sure that I'm on track for growing another big plant.

I'll keep an eye on her now that she has side lighting.
I want to watch the node spacing.

I also unplugged the heating bulb now that I've got about 20 Watts worth of heat from the side lights.

The side lights get turned up to full blast in about 10 days.

PCBuds

She's looking pretty droopy, but it's half an hour before bedtime, so hopefully she's just getting sleepy.

20211114_234317.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts