What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

Keep your EC low, and the fluid should flow freely enough to keep the stomata moist.

I'll start off with 1/4 strength nutes.
Probably in a day or two.

20211106_081756.jpg

PCBuds

She's sprouting a new pair of leaves.
I'm pretty sure that they are the start of the third set of leaves.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211107_063326.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	17984426

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211107_063326.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	17984426

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211107_063423.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.3 KB ID:	17984427

I gave the plant her first dose of nutes at 1/4 strength.
Luckily, I remembered to PH the water.
I don't need to PH the solution at full strength nutes and tap water, but I need to adjust it at 1/4 strength.

I put about 200 ml down at the stalk, and the rest I put down the tube.

I siphoned off the bottom of the planter before adding the nute solution.

I finally got a picture of the bugs that have been flying around my closet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211107_074126.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	17984429

I don't know what it is or whether it's anything to be concerned about?

It's quite large so it's probably not a fungas gnat or fruit fly.
You can see the edge of my LED strip for a size reference.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211107_074126.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	17984429

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Most probably not. If it was a pest we would have probably known more about it in the first place. Some of soldier flies are beneficials, even, if that's what this is.

PCBuds

Most probably not. If it was a pest we would have probably known more about it in the first place. Some of soldier flies are beneficials, even, if that's what this is.

Cool.
That's what I was hoping for.
I'm not going to worry about it.

I'm pretty sure that my soil is well protected because of the soil mites, but I don't have much protecting the plant above ground.

I haven't seen the spider in a few days and I've lost track of the lady bugs too.
Hopefully they didn't have anything to eat so they left the closet.

I like growing in the winter.
There are far less bugs, and the low humidity really helps to keep the mold from taking hold.

The only downside to a dry environment, that I can think of is that spider mites like a dry environment, but I haven't had a problem with them for a couple of years.

I'll try to keep an eye out for them, but they are fricken tiny and I didn't notice them last time until they spun webs all over my plant.

PCBuds

This is a list of what my soil mites are supposed to take care of...

20211107_090417.jpg

20211107_090443.jpg

I looked into the shore fly, and it does look similar to what I've got, but I think they are a bit bigger?

They don't harm the plant though and are just a nuisance.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Spider mites is easy to just not bring in. I mean have some pollen filter on intake, never come with clothes or hands dirty to the plants. Never bring soil or plants from outside.
Generally have a clean growspace..
And you would never have spidermites ever. Or most pests for that matter.

PCBuds

Spider mites is easy to just not bring in. I mean have some pollen filter on intake, never come with clothes or hands dirty to the plants. Never bring soil or plants from outside.

I do have a furnace filter on my intake which traps pollen, but I've got the door open so often that it doesn't get a chance to do it's job. Lol

I never bring soil or plants into the house, and all my used soil goes into the garage to be used for my outdoor plants.

Generally have a clean growspace..
And you would never have spidermites ever. Or most pests for that matter.

I don't really have a clean grow space (or house for that matter. lol) and I am in and out of the house every 1/2 hour to make another drink and use the washroom, so plenty of bugs get in the house.

I'm hoping to find some sort of symbiotic balance with what's living in my closet to have only beneficial bugs in there.

I'll keep looking for spiders and lady bugs to put in the closet.

I view bugs as inevitable, so I'm trying to get a natural balance happening that is safe for my plant.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
That is a new set of leaves forming, they go 1,3,5,7,9 as the plant gets bigger, I once had a plant with 11 leaves to a set.

PCBuds

That is a new set of leaves forming, they go 1,3,5,7,9 as the plant gets bigger, I once had a plant with 11 leaves to a set.

I remember Caio saying that if a plant is really happy, it may go right from 1 to 5.

That may be a strain thing too.

You can pretty much see a separate node starting on my plant though.

20211107_104246.jpg

20211107_104544.jpg

Sampas92

Just newbin
I remember Caio saying that if a plant is really happy, it may go right from 1 to 5.

That may be a strain thing too.

You can pretty much see a separate node starting on my plant though.

Yeah, there some guys here and in others foruns that posted some pics with seedlings from 1 to 5 fingers in the seconde set.
Buds just hang a wet towel for a bit of rh for the little girl, treat her good bro, she is a nice girl :D

Peace :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts