What's new

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

Thanks alice :thank you:

I didn't think that I was doing anything wrong, but I guess I shouldn't have sprayed it.

I just need to use more LIFTA.

I've grown at 40% RH before and didn't have any problems.

I didn't need to spray it.

I just realized that it's LITFA not LIFTA.

I've been spelling it wrong. Lol

Maybe that's what was wrong.
I was using the wrong stuff. Lol

PCBuds

So long as you learn from your mistakes it's all good.

I have a hard time with that too.
I tend to repeat my mistakes. Lol

So no spraying of the plant this time, and I turned off the big circulation fan in the closet.

I'll use both 100 Watt bulbs to keep the closet warmer.

I'll turn on the big circulation fan and the exhaust fan when she's big enough to deal with it.

I've still got the computer fan going in the closet.

20211026_131437.jpg

I dug out a hole about 4" across and 5" deep then filled it up with fresh seedling starting mix and perlite.

I'm just waiting for my seed to crack now.

I used a seed from the first batch of seeds because I thought maybe it would end up as a window plant.

Luckily, I have lots to smoke so the delay doesn't bother me much.
The fact that I killed it bugs me because I should have just left it alone.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well, that actually looks like it could be some kind of bacterial disease.. I'd be very careful abou using that soil again, and especially about keeping it too damp..

PCBuds

Well, that actually looks like it could be some kind of bacterial disease.. I'd be very careful abou using that soil again, and especially about keeping it too damp..

No, I brutalized that little sprout.

I had dug down beside it to help get air to the roots, then it fell over, then I completely removed it and replanted it and pretty much broke the root off.

I was holding back the gorry details of how I murdered it. Lol

It probably would have recovered if I would have just left the damn thing alone.

I got carried away. Lol

PCBuds

Good luck.... and thanks for posting the disasters as well as the sexy bud shots - really helps newbs like myself to see some of the things that can go wrong!

Indeed. Am restraining myself from further meddling.

I wonder if I'll ever learn to stop meddling with my plants ?

I think that I might be justifying it by telling myself that I'm just experimenting ?

I think the best that I can hope for is to lose interest in growing and it turns into a chore.

Then I'll procrastinate and leave her alone. Lol

aliceklar

I wonder if I'll ever learn to stop meddling with my plants ?

I think that I might be justifying it by telling myself that I'm just experimenting ?

I think the best that I can hope for is to lose interest in growing and it turns into a chore.

Then I'll procrastinate and leave her alone. Lol

:watchplant: Dude the struggle is real :D

Sometimes I console myself with taking pictures rather than messing with the environment and feed. You take good pictures. Maybe that would help??? My goal is to be able to predict what plants will need and have it all planned out. But it never seems to go that way :biglaugh:

PCBuds

Plant her deeper so you don't have to deal with helmet head. :good:

OKAY 👌 I did that.

She's about 1cm deep now.

Now I just need to LITFA for 2-4 days.
As an added precaution and deterant, I screwed the damn closet door shut. Lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211027_124454.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	17976253

If that doesn't work, I'll drill out the screw head so the screwdriver doesn't work. Lol

I also found a lucky lady bug 🐞 that I transplanted into the closet for good luck.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211027_122315.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.4 KB ID:	17976254

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211027_124454.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	17976253

I'm feeling pretty good about this attempt.

I'm following protocol more closely, I've got a lucky lady bug, and Mercury is no longer retrograde, so the stars are aligning. Lol

PCBuds

Wow reikox has some good quality seeds, they all germinate and fast too.

Yeah, no kidding!!
I've had every one of his seeds pop and they usually crack within 24 hours.
(28 hours for this one, its a bit cooler in the rafters.)

It's not until after I plant them that I kill them. Lol

PCBuds

:watchplant: Dude the struggle is real :D

Sometimes I console myself with taking pictures rather than messing with the environment and feed. You take good pictures. Maybe that would help???

Yeah, that helps a lot.
I like the closeups of leaves and roots and microscopic stuff.
Bud shots don't do much for me.
I like trichome pictures though.

Now I have to wait 2-4 days to take any pictures though.
Maybe I'll take more pictures of the lady bug. Lol

My goal is to be able to predict what plants will need and have it all planned out.

I guess my goal is similar, but I want to reduce it to a really simple program.
Nutes start at 1/4 strength after two full sets of leaves.
Side lights at 1 amp after 18 days.
Full blast at 27 days. ect.
But that doesn't leave me with too much to do.

But it never seems to go that way :biglaugh:

For me the biggest threat is bugs, mold, and disease.
Those things can happen fast and take out a plant, or your entire grow in a few days.
That really sucks when you're days away from harvest.

I'm like Tommy Boy.
I don't kill a sale, I kill a plant. Lol

https://youtu.be/c1EyN9xTK94

PCBuds

Don't worry man! At least you got a lot of bucks.

Yeah, lol.

I could put them to use by using them to charge my lithium cells to make a battery pack for my e-bike, but messing with lithium cells makes me nervous.

We've all seen the hover boards blowing up.

There is a guy in town that made a battery pack out of lithium cells and tried to charge them with a regular car battery charger.
He started his shed on fire. Lol

I know that if I do it right, everything should be fine, but I have a tendency to do stupid things. Lol