What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

At first, I was like, What the hell is fusty?

Then I zoomed in.

20211013_184927.jpg

Fuck !!!

I hope that's just my camera not focusing right.

I'm gonna go check.

So, if it is Fuzz, should I dip the cola in peroxide water ?

Thanks f-e.
I didn't even notice.

PCBuds

Fuck !!!

20211013_191758.jpg

20211013_191825.jpg

Can someone tell me how much of this to use ?

20211013_191707.jpg

I need to dunk it.

(I know it's in my thread somewhere, but I don't want to spend two hours searching my thread.)

PCBuds

I've got this too..
It's 7%

It's got orange scent, but it's natural orange.

It might add a bit of an orange terpine ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211013_192343.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.4 KB ID:	17965999

20211013_192746.jpg

PCBuds

Well, I went with 1/2 cup of Natural Orange Scented 7% Hydrogen Peroxide into a 5 gallon bucket.

I'll give it half an hour then blow the room fan on it.

It may have a nice orange smell and flavor now. Lol

20211013_195000.jpg

PCBuds

The water turned a little bit brown, so I guess that's a good thing ?

20211013_202803.jpg

20211013_203153.jpg

Time to string it up under the fan.

​​​​​​​

PCBuds

I may have mixed my peroxide solution a little strong.
(I think it's supposed to be 1/4 cup of 3%?)

Does anyone know if Hydrogen Peroxide dissolves trichomes ?

As far as I remember, Hydrogen Peroxide only dissolves mold and such ?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I feel wounded for you pal.
I don't know anything about saving bud. Mould is bad, dead or alive. I have chucked easily a Kg this month, but then, it is outdoor harvest season. I feel no differently about it indoors though. It counts for nothing :(

PCBuds

I feel wounded for you pal.
I don't know anything about saving bud. Mould is bad, dead or alive. I have chucked easily a Kg this month, but then, it is outdoor harvest season. I feel no differently about it indoors though. It counts for nothing :(

Indoor, outdoor mold is the same..

I think that I may have cleaned it up, and killed the mold at least.

I'm gonna smoke it.

It's not really bad.

When it's dry, I'll put on my reading glasses and check out every bud.

I did that with my last plant.
I tossed a bit out.

Thanks for noticing f-e.
I had no idea.
(I need to pay more attention. Lol)

PCBuds

I think that I did it right.
I used 1/2 cup of 7% peroxide.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211013_222742.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.9 KB ID:	17966119

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211013_222540.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.3 KB ID:	17966118

What I think that I know is that the mold is now dead, but it may have left behind toxins that may have not been removed or disolved by the peroxide?

PCBuds

Thinking about it, I may have dank weed now ??

20211013_224012.jpg

My weed is damp, moist, and DANKTASTIC now !!

If you think about it, damp weed grows mildew and mold which may lead to that "dank" flavor and smell that everyone loves.

Perhaps any toxins left behind from the mold/mildew, leaves the weed with hallucinogenic properties ?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I think if you wash shake, then the mould should float for a moment. Long enough to fill the vessel till its pouring over the top. I used to blend all my rubbish, and know mould forms a scum. Resin sinks. Though that's not the whole picture.

Is it just the main head? I will loose a few this next time. The end of Autumn see's leaves falling and rotting everywhere. It's mould season.
One head isn't a huge percentage of the entire plant.

PCBuds

I think if you wash shake, then the mould should float for a moment. Long enough to fill the vessel till its pouring over the top.

Yeah, I didn't overflow my bucket to wash it out.
But I did use my shower head to rinse it off pretty good, after the soak.

Resin sinks. Though that's not the whole picture.

Are you sure ?
Resin is oil.
Oil is lighter than water.

Is it just the main head?

I dunno.
I panicked and drown it without fully inspecting it.

The rest of my plant may have it too.?

I'll check it tomorrow.

I'm pretty damn wasted right now.
Drunk and Stoned. Lol 😁

PCBuds

I'm good...
I'm going to smoke it.

20211014_001946.jpg

:cathug:

20211012_152953.jpg

But I'm not looking forward to digging through every fricken bud to check for mold.

That's a lot of work. lol 😆

I might think of spraying the rest of my plant with peroxide.

It should kill the mold without killing the plant?

I assume that the mold is everywhere.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Think bubble bags. The product sinks. So if you dry sift, the product from that might separate in a glass.
I shouldn't really be thinking about this. Mould and it's byproducts are just not wanted. I know ways of making it appear gone, but the least distasteful is the one where you put it in the bin.

I run plants as fast as 42 days, and still they find time to mould if conditions suit. I think you were unlucky with that main head, and wouldn't expect to see more. I would be rushing to get it out though as that space is no longer productive. It could even be counterproductive. We know it's taking hold.

Do you have plants ready to replace it? Onwards and upwards, and all that.

PCBuds

Think bubble bags. The product sinks. So if you dry sift, the product from that might separate in a glass.
I shouldn't really be thinking about this. Mould and it's byproducts are just not wanted. I know ways of making it appear gone, but the least distasteful is the one where you put it in the bin.

I run plants as fast as 42 days, and still they find time to mould if conditions suit. I think you were unlucky with that main head, and wouldn't expect to see more. I would be rushing to get it out though as that space is no longer productive. It could even be counterproductive. We know it's taking hold.

Do you have plants ready to replace it? Onwards and upwards, and all that.

Do you mean throw out the entire plant, or just the infected buds?

I am going to cut the rest of the plant and dunk it then hang it.

I don't really know what I would do with the buds if trimmed it all now, so I want to dry the buds first before inspecting every bud.

Am I OK with just removing the moldy buds and the areas around them, or is my entire plant garbage now ?