Votes: 3 4.3%
  • EarthJuice

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
Trying to decide between using PBP or H&G next so:

Just as stated in the titlel, I'm wondering who prefers what & why?
Who has used what and how do they use it?

What was your nutrient regimen?
What was your GPW on either nutrient regimen?
Which provided a better taste and smell compared to other products you've used in the past.

In particular coco / hydro speaking.

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Trying to decide between using PBP or H&G next so:

Just as stated in the titlel, I'm wondering who prefers what & why?
Who has used what and how do they use it?

What was your nutrient regimen?
What was your GPW on either nutrient regimen?
Which provided a better taste and smell compared to other products you've used in the past.

In particular coco / hydro speaking.

Both are staple nutrients.

H&G regimen: Full line with shooting powder substituted for Atami Tabzz

PBP regimen: PBP for soil bloom (2-4-5) and cal mag, that's it.

H&G yield: 1 - 1.5 lbs per 1000 in flat gardens

PBP yield: 2lbs per 1000 in vertical

Looks and smells better with H&G, tastes better with PBP and is very close in smell and look.

H&G costs A LOT more and is more complex to use; creating more room for error.

PBP is very affordable, simple to use and hard to fuck up.

This is all in coco by the way.

To conclude, I don't not prefer one to another, just different beasts. I run H&G right now and am enjoying the way it works, but it costs $1500 a run with 84 plants.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been using PBP line for many years now. I have had wonderful results with Yield and quality. I'm going to try there Hydroplex next I was using Canna with great results. Since im already using PBP might as well give there boost a try.

pANicModE

like maxi, dynagro and PBP..all nutes will grow lush plants and great end product. did PBP side by side.. some with just PBP and some with PBP w/hydroplex and didnt notice any real differance

maybe check out HR/ Veg+bloom !?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I dont see at least the same results I got from canna pk 13/14 I will just change back to Canna. Hydroplex has a lower PK value(10/6) I dont think you will have any problems using any of those you have listed. Once you get what ever your using dialed you should have great results.. Since my base nutrients has never failed me why change..

Grizz

Veteran
voted for H&G , wondering why you dident list Canna ? out of AN, dutch gold and H&G i belive canna produces the best tasting buds, it is expensive but works, i might add im using canna pk 13/14 with the H&G during week 5&6 and sometimes 7 in longer flowering strains.

Mr. C, $1500 for an 84 plant grow? The hydro store may be ass fucking you.

I pay 125 bucks for 5 gal of a and b aqua flakes. Used half to grow 15 lbs with 10 lights, plus overdrive, kool bloom, calmag, and epsom salt. I think a lot of the additives can be omitted, or used much less. Especially some of the newer shit like Nitrogen boost, and watered down Si.

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
Ah, I always over look canna because it isn't available near me JW.

the cost to run H&G is substantial so if it is just slightly better then the rest, instead of being head and shoulders above the rest then it is naught worth the $

I will further elaborate upon first moving from soil to hydro setups & GH 6/9. Smell as well as taste to a small degree were both "off", but definitely smell. A particular hybrid which reeked in veg in soil lost ALL smell for the most part til later flower.

I've been trying to find a solution for this by adding flora+ with minimal results.

So a change to PBP was in order.

If PBP does not give me desired results then a change to something else. (H&G most likely) but the thought of a ton of different additives bothers me a bit as well.

Mr Celsius you've gave an very detailed answer, it's appreciated.

Maybe I could try cycling maxi / pbp days?

Thank you Hammerhead for your input.
The GH6/9 did as it was suppose to it grew em! Just was as if something was missing.

Panicmode HR Veg+Bloom needs to get their product in the hand of wholesalers and vendors, I can't do nothing with it until it is available.

:tiphat:
TR

pbp performed like trash for me, used the soil version in soil and had to after the bottle ran out from 25ml feedings mid way through go back to floraseries to correct deficiencies. i dont know why but it was weak garbage for me and expensive when u consider that a bottle wouldnt even finish about ten plants in bloom.

T

TribalSeeds

pbp performed like trash for me, used the soil version in soil and had to after the bottle ran out from 25ml feedings mid way through go back to floraseries to correct deficiencies. i dont know why but it was weak garbage for me and expensive when u consider that a bottle wouldnt even finish about ten plants in bloom.

You used way too much

cyat

Veteran
Ive run h&g about 4-5 times in coco
veg n bloom in rocks and coco 3 times
pbp a couple times in soil....

best overall quality and yield.... pbp

Grizz

Veteran
TR if you go with H&G buy in bigger quanitys, they really brake the price down when you do and check ebay, amazing deals there, also you dont need all the bells and whistles with any one you choose

Homebrewer

Veteran
I used Pure Blend in promix and GH in my Ebb&Flow system for years. I now use something else but am currently testing H&G's Aqua Flakes so maybe my two cents is of some worth.

The GH 3-part wasn't pH stable in hydro with my tap or RO water. It grew healthy plants and produced a good product but their floraBloom formula is very watery. I was buying that by the 6 gallon tote because I got sick of how often I was replacing the 2 gallon sizes. It can also be a little salty so make sure to leach your medium every few weeks. Overall, it's a great choice and even the most incompetent of growers can blindly follow one of the many formulas out there and get great results on their first run.

I'm currently testing H&G's Aqua Flakes right now and it's growing some healthy plants. It's more pH stable than the GH 3-part but it still requires at least two pH adjustments per week. I have, however, been using Protekt with Aqua Flakes which seems to have balanced things better so thus far this week, I've not had to adjust the pH. Gimme 45 more days and I'll comment on yield and quality. The yield at the moment looks to be lagging a bit but resin production is actually excellent for day 29. The Aqua Flakes bases are also as cheap as my current plant food and they're more concentrated than anything I've used other than my staple fertilizer.

My staple plant food in promix and in hydro is DynaGro. It's highly concentrated, pH stable, 100% complete, blah, blah, blah, I probably post too much about it. It's easy and gives me the best yields and quality.

I only used Pure Blend in the dirt. It's a little salty but it works and is reasonably priced.

On a side note, all the plant foods listed in this poll are capable of growing healthy plants when in the hands of a competent grower. Unless you're dialed-in to the nth degree, you're not going to see a lot of difference between the foods above especially if one is growing in dirt/promix/coco. In hydro, pH stability and concentration levels are the most obvious things you'll notice but depending on your scale and your weekly schedule, neither may be an hassle for you. Whatever you choose, keep it simple.

T

TribalSeeds

I used Pure Blend in promix and GH in my Ebb&Flow system for years. I now use something else but am currently testing H&G's Aqua Flakes so maybe my two cents is of some worth.

The GH 3-part wasn't pH stable in hydro with my tap or RO water. It grew healthy plants and produced a good product but their floraBloom formula is very watery. I was buying that by the 6 gallon tote because I got sick of how often I was replacing the 2 gallon sizes. It can also be a little salty so make sure to leach your medium every few weeks. Overall, it's a great choice and even the most incompetent of growers can blindly follow one of the many formulas out there and get great results on their first run.

I'm currently testing H&G's Aqua Flakes right now and it's growing some healthy plants. It's more pH stable than the GH 3-part but it still requires at least two pH adjustments per week. I have, however, been using Protekt with Aqua Flakes which seems to have balanced things better so thus far this week, I've not had to adjust the pH. Gimme 45 more days and I'll comment on yield and quality. The yield at the moment looks to be lagging a bit but resin production is actually excellent for day 29. The Aqua Flakes bases are also as cheap as my current plant food and they're more concentrated than anything I've used other than my staple fertilizer.

My staple plant food in promix and in hydro is DynaGro. It's highly concentrated, pH stable, 100% complete, blah, blah, blah, I probably post too much about it. It's easy and gives me the best yields and quality.

I only used Pure Blend in the dirt. It's a little salty but it works and is reasonably priced.

On a side note, all the plant foods listed in this poll are capable of growing healthy plants when in the hands of a competent grower. Unless you're dialed-in to the nth degree, you're not going to see a lot of difference between the foods above especially if one is growing in dirt/promix/coco. In hydro, pH stability and concentration levels are the most obvious things you'll notice but depending on your scale and your weekly schedule, neither may be an hassle for you. Whatever you choose, keep it simple.

How thick is that Dynagrow stuff? Would it work in a drip feed system?

Homebrewer

Veteran
How thick is that Dynagrow stuff? Would it work in a drip feed system?

In its concentrated form, it's brilliantly clear (with a green tint) and is as thick as water. It's very clean and the tendency for salt buildup is very low, though I'll still leach my rockwool cubes every few weeks as it's a habit that carried over from my GH days. I think it would be an excellent choice for a drip feed system.

Izoc666

I voted Dyna-Gro.

Its superb easy, complete nutrient, and highly conceration. And not mention about save money a lot, i mean huge save $$$ in your pocket by this few product. I have tried most of nutrients but this product is SOLID, JHMO.

Happy growing and peace

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
im currently using PBP, but thinking about switching after next run...fish meal is the main ingredient so its pretty damn messy, always leaves a layer of sediment in the reservoirs.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to use a recirc pump to keep the Organics of PBP in suspension. Without out one it will settle on the bottom and sides of the res. All Organic Nutrients require a Recirc pump..Unless you want to mix it up your res every time before using it.

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a relatively new kid on the block: www.hydroponic-research.com Veg + BLOOM dry nute formula

I have been using DM Gold full line up for ~ a year. I started using V & B about 10 days ago in one system, then about 7 days in another (both were using DM Gold).

I am super happy with V & B for flowering. Don't have any seedlings/clones at the moment to see how well it does for vegging.

I grow with 3 separate systems; hpa + my 21st Century F & D + a hybrid DIY bubble system.

ONE tsp/g+ 800ppm in RO water. One pound is only $20!