What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PBP users post your formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

veg pbp grow 10 ml per gallon
advanced sweet leaf 5 ml per gallon
hygrozyme 5ml per gallon

my next cycle will be Bloom
pbp bloom 10 ml per gallon
advanced nutes big bud 1/4 tsp per gallon
5 ml per gallon liquid karma
5 ml hygrozyme

asher1er

Veteran
Spliffman said:
I use PBP Grow/Bloom & CalMag+ in a Hempy bucket system and the plants always look 100% healthy. I also foliar spray weekly during flowering with blackstrap molasses.

Since they appear healthy, does that mean there is no need to add any other nutes? I use a high Phosphorous bloom booster during flowering, but have never grown without it so I don't know if it is truly giving me more yield.

whats your recipe like? amounts and when? i'll be building a room shortly and think im gonna go with the hempy bucket first time around for ease. I allready have the botanicare PBP line of nutes so i want to stick with thoes

Spliffman

asher1er said:
whats your recipe like? amounts and when? i'll be building a room shortly and think im gonna go with the hempy bucket first time around for ease. I allready have the botanicare PBP line of nutes so i want to stick with thoes

I use 100% strength from seedling to harvest. Water every day (with nutes) until the plant starts growing, then every other day. My Hempy plants are the healthiest I've ever grown - no deficiencies or burns.

B

BlueberryNutz

what ppm should my seedlings be at? right now they are in an ebb and gro ph at around 6 and a ppm reading of about 290. it is mostly a seawed extract that they are in at the moment, but there is a little bit o pbp grow in there. the reason im asking is cuz a couple were gettin slight buns on the leaf fringes, but i think its cuz the ph was drifting upwards of 6.8 i dont believe that 270-290 should be burning them.

sog army

sogs basic pbp schedule...

sogs basic pbp schedule...

in early veg as in under 6" i use...with tap water or well water with ppms under 200
All these are per gallon ratios
10ml karma
7ml cal mag
10ml grow
4ml hygrozyme
Barricade silica at recommended dose
Subculture or some myco of some kind
House and Garden Roots Excel
If in soil 15ml molasses

After the plants are established say over 6-8"
My established veg formula is...
15ml Karma , Grow
10ml calmag
4ml hygrozyme
Barricade silica by advance at recommended dose
Subculture or some myco
If in soil 15ml molasses

I run that from day 1 flower to day 21 or week 3 sometime...

Then at week 3 rez change or after day 21
4ml hygrozyme
15mlKarma
10mlGrow
10mlBloom
10mlcalmag
15ml Sweet (if hydro)
Barricade silica at recommended dose
If in soil 15ml molasses sweet is still ok

I bump that mix cutting down the grow by 5ml. While adding back bloom by 5ml every week to 10 days.. Till around week 6.
and using this recipe for week 6 and 7

15ml Karma
15ml bloom
10ml calmag*(if in hydro) if in soil cut calmag here
15ml sweet (in hydro)
Barricade silica at recommended dose (cut out if in soil)
If in soil 15ml molasses , sweet is ok.

Week 8
15ml karma
15ml bloom
15ml sweet

if in soil 15ml molasses , sweet is ok in soil too

Week 9
If in hydro drain rezzy 3/4 way and top with straight water run like that for a week...
If in soil I use 1/4 strength nutes

Week 10
FLush

Week 11
CHop

Thats my basic Pbp feed schedule...

Note..

I use the hydro bloom formula in early flower and the soil & coco one in late flower and budswell at 15ml weeks 2-6

Last edited:
I

itsjustaride

can i use earth juice microblast instead of calmag? with RO water. i already have a large container of it. i'm using pbp bloom/grow soil liquid karma and molasiss in promix. just using less than recomended of all.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
If i am feeding a mix of the Botanicare PBP line and additives with RO, and doing it 3x a day in coco, how low can i keep the PPM's? IF they are getting food three times then they should be fine with a lower EC, right? I could have sworn i have read this before but cannot find where.
I also always end up over feeding when i have healthy plants because i see the ec ppm's folks are feeding on this site. Anyone help a brother out?

M

movingtocally

The only micronutrient solution i have ever bought/used is the EJ microblast. I make w.c. tea now that does a fine job with the micros & the dolimitic garden lime i powder & add to my soil mix has all sorts of nutritional values in it in addition to the lime. I haven't needed to add anything else i a long time..the microblast in the cabinet has dust on it probably. Take care bartender...everyone & have a nice weekend Peace 3legs :wave:

Oh yea that PBP line fuels the frost...smokn' this burmese now : :bongsmi:
Sexy.

plantman969

Botanicare Nutes

Botanicare Nutes

Hello All, I am a first timer on my own and started with the advice of an older fella. He used PBP Grow, hydroguard, and sweet and silica blast.

Now this was a while ago and since then as u all know there is no hydoguard.
so when i decided to start a small grow i was lost. Since then i have done nothing but read post after post after post i mean day after day tryg to gather s much info as possible before jumping into it. You know the basics first. Now i do have some experience behind my belt with an aero flow 20 a ew years back thats when i got my fist formula. well me and my roomates made it till two weeks till harvest and got robbed. Since then move away and lived and learned. Young dumb and well just stupid.

I now have two DWC totes 1 - 14gal with a rez of 9 gal reaching the bottom of my 3- 3.75" net cups. Flower room 2x2x6 250 mh/hps conversion ballest over 3 plants. 4" Carbon Filter 170cfm exaust, 2 - 4" 80cfm inline fans for intake, and two 6" clip fans for inside circulation. temps 68-87 humitity low -34%.

Tote 2 veg box 3'widex3'tallx22"deep 125wCFL 6400k 7500 lumens and two cfl flood lights 65 or 95w cant remember 2700k 1200-1800 lumens each. 10gal tote 6 gallon rez for seeds and clones and mothers - 3 moms and 3 seeds/clones. 6 holes for 3" net pots. Cut out the bottom of the 3.75 net pots for transplanting to flower room. Need to finish air in and out

I decided to go with the botaicare line do to the "organic" nature of their nutes and its what i am familier with. Also a few extras.

I have Botanicare:
PBP Grow
PBP Bloom
Calmag
Liquid Karma
Sweet
Silica Blast

Also run Advanced Nutrients:
Voodoo Juice
Sensizym - Next purchase before rez change.
B52
pH Up
pH Down

and tryed Roots Organic Trinity- Has molassas dont use didnt help. just my opinion.

I started on 3/3 from seed Super Lemon Haze, Cheisel, and Super Thia Skunk. I lost every thing except 3 LH, 3 Thai had bad problems of seeds germinating but never comingup after being planted in the rockwool.
well in the end found out my problem and fixed it. so far i have 2 LH and 1 Thai going. gave two of the thai and a LH to a friend we transplanted them from hydro dwc to dirt (easier than i thouht). I aslo started 3 seeds on 3/29 in the veg box 1 barneys farm nightshade, 1 Greenhouse Seeds Alaskan Ice, and 1 Big Budda Chiesel.

in the flower room i am running at pH5.85/68-77f/2.22 ec/ 1540ppm
i just had a drastic problem and almost lost the crop when i flushed the rez and changed to 12/12. only added bloom nutes mixed them all in one container shooting the ph to 4.2 and all i could do till the next day was get the rez up to 4.6 they set in that over night and well it was not good.
reflushed the nxt day and added to many nutes because the rez foamed bigger than shit and the plants were not looking any better. so i flushed and changed the rez a third time with out the roots organig trinity (molassis-which i though would be good for the voodoo juice, it wasnt thats what made my rez foam) and ended up trimming almost all of the leafs off all three plants. that was on 4/4. So i started the the new res at
ph5.6/71f/1.11ec/780ppm to help revive them

since then i have been bumping up the nutes every day mixed at
and in this order
1 Gallon RO water 5-7ppm ph 7.2

10ml Liquid Karma - ph5.9/75f/.46ec/226ppm
10ml Sweet -forgot to take reading
7ml Calmag - ph5.92/75f/1.38ec/960ppm
2ml b52 - ph5.8/75f/1.5ec/1040ppm
2ml Silica Blast- ph6.5/75/1.5/1070ppm
15ml PBP Grow - ph5.35/75f/2.71ec/1890ppm final Readings

I use what is needed in the larger rez and what is left i dilute with more ph balanced RO water and top off my veg box.

got a few questions for a few but the post is long and my girl is nagging so see ya soon.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Thanks for posting your recipe Plantman. I am scared as hell to bring my ppms that high, probably because i used to burn the hell out of plants with PBP in soil. I am on my second coco run now, and am creeping up the ppms. Haen't gotten past 1200 though.

plantman969

Thanks for posting your recipe Plantman. I am scared as hell to bring my ppms that high, probably because i used to burn the hell out of plants with PBP in soil. I am on my second coco run now, and am creeping up the ppms. Haen't gotten past 1200 though.

Like i said i start low and add high. My res is not that high that was the total of my add back mixes my rez sets at

Bloom Box Sprouted 3/8 - pH 5.78/74f/2.34ec/1630ppm/TDS 1330

Veg Box w/2- 2 week old plants from seed 4/1- pH 5.91/71f/1.51ec 1050ppm/TDS 828

sog army

inreplyavalon..

in response to your pm.. yeah I get my ppms up that high (2000 at max) it is strain dependant but ive found.. If i can feed em at 1500+ i can get em up to 2000 at week 4-6

hope that helps..

sog

rrog

Veteran
Sorry to veer thread off course. Are there nute changes in organic hydro? Seems that there wouldn't be considering the beneficial orgs present.

So we just keep adding nutes and water?

Dr. G

for people useing additives some of the ppms dont matter

you need to imput your nutes into that calculator

the thing is some of the ppms arent food so they make the ppms seem higher then they really are

i think this is why lk raises the ppms so much

now that doesnt mean bump up your nutes it just means find otu what your really feeding them

Shady Sativa

I'm really having problems with PBP, CalMag, and Liquid Karma in my ebb n flow tray, but my soil plants are doing well. What's the appropriate range of PPM's for veg about a month into growth? My seedlings are now over 1' tall in soil but less than 5" in hydro. They're currently at 400 PPM (100 PPM of CalMag, 100 of Liqud Karma, and 200 of PBP Grow in R/O water) and the pH is correct for both soil and hydro so I'm thinking the lack of benificial microbes and mycorrhizae has left the hydro plants unable to properly uptake nutes especially P, K, Ca, and Mg... Shit I may have to revert back to GH's 3 part formula.... Or maybe I could mix the two?
:fsu:

EDIT: btw my Hanna meter tells me that CalMag is very strong if I use 5 mL/gal. Easily over 300 PPM. So 100 PPM is about 1 to 2 mL/gal...

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
Shady feed them more food - 600-800 ppm. These are my in veg amounts per gallon: 10-12 ml PBP and 3-4 calmag in coco (the rest is gravy - 5-10 ml of LK) . You should use 5ml of calmag every time since it's RO. Just my :2cents:.

Shady Sativa

^^^ hmmm thx for the feedback. These hydro seedlings are in a rapid rooter and only hydroton. I wonder how that affects the mix vs coco. So it sounds like half of the 600 ppm comes from the CalMag.

Btw I have a very bad track record of overfeeding my plants. Shit I burned the hell out of my White Widow when she was over 2 ft tall. She's in FFHF AND FFLW and Same nutes. I screwed up and fed her 1300 ppm under my 600w HPS and many leaves crashed and burned. Now she's been at 800 PPM for several weeks and seems very yellow and hungry.

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
re:feeding: Coco is inert. We are feeding them the same way.

re:eek:verfeeding: You are answering your own question. "Now she's been at 800 PPM for several weeks and seems very yellow and hungry." Just watch the plants and adjust as needed.

BudZad7

Botanicare!!!!

Botanicare!!!!

Hi All! :wave: Very nice mixes.....Here's a Very Good Mix.....6"x6" rockwool
adjust PPM to 900/ EC 1.8~~~Ph-5.8 water temp 70 degrees

Call it Super 7.... PBPGrow= 1.5 tsp per gal RO water
Calmag+= 1 tsp per gal
Sweet-Berry= 2 tsp per gal
Liquid Karma= 2 tsp per gal
Pot O Gold= 3 tsp per gal
Sensizym= 2 tsp per gal
Carboload Powder= 1/4 tsp per gal

Maxicrop liquid seaweed= 1 capful per gal (once per week)
Blackstrap molasses= 1 tsp per 2 gal (once per week)

The above mix applys to the Bloom cycle also, except
PBPBloom= 1.5 tsp per gal RO water
Calmag+= 1 tsp per gal
Sweet-Berry= 3 tsp per gal
Sensizym= 2 tsp per gal

Bloom finish cycle: same as above bloom cycle, except
PBPBloom/soil= 1.5 tsp per gal RO water/or Overdrive= 2 tsp
per gal
Calmag+= 1 tsp per gal
Sweet-Berry= 3 tsp per gal
Sensizym= 2 tsp per gal

Then FLUSH with Final Phase=2 tsp per gal 7~10 days,
check ppm of flush water daily, you will see a steady drop
Then flush with plain RO water for as long as it takes
maybe a day, 3 days or week, til ppm/EC won't show on the
EC/PPM meter ....then CHOP CHOP CHOP AWAYYYYY!!!

With this mix, people thought it was grown in soil outdoors!!

So, try it you might enjoy it!!!:woohoo::abduct:Peace!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.