What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PBP users post your formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Sativa

Hey 3dDream, thx for the feedback on the PPM's. Things are much better now, but I have one question for anyone with the Hanna combo waterproof meter (model 98129). I've been calibrating it using the 1413 solution at the 0.5 conversion factor. Then I tried to test it in a 1500 ppm solution and it read something like 860 ppm. After reading the manual again I now believe that the conversion factor should be 0.7. Any suggestions on the correct factor and method to calibrate this meter. I'm starting to think all my readings are wrong using the 0.5.

lightmeup

Hi All! :wave: Very nice mixes.....Here's a Very Good Mix.....6"x6" rockwool
adjust PPM to 900/ EC 1.8~~~Ph-5.8 water temp 70 degrees

Call it Super 7.... PBPGrow= 1.5 tsp per gal RO water
Calmag+= 1 tsp per gal
Sweet-Berry= 2 tsp per gal
Liquid Karma= 2 tsp per gal
Pot O Gold= 3 tsp per gal
Sensizym= 2 tsp per gal
Carboload Powder= 1/4 tsp per gal

Maxicrop liquid seaweed= 1 capful per gal (once per week)
Blackstrap molasses= 1 tsp per 2 gal (once per week)

The above mix applys to the Bloom cycle also, except
PBPBloom= 1.5 tsp per gal RO water
Calmag+= 1 tsp per gal
Sweet-Berry= 3 tsp per gal
Sensizym= 2 tsp per gal

Bloom finish cycle: same as above bloom cycle, except
PBPBloom/soil= 1.5 tsp per gal RO water/or Overdrive= 2 tsp
per gal
Calmag+= 1 tsp per gal
Sweet-Berry= 3 tsp per gal
Sensizym= 2 tsp per gal

Then FLUSH with Final Phase=2 tsp per gal 7~10 days,
check ppm of flush water daily, you will see a steady drop
Then flush with plain RO water for as long as it takes
maybe a day, 3 days or week, til ppm/EC won't show on the
EC/PPM meter ....then CHOP CHOP CHOP AWAYYYYY!!!

With this mix, people thought it was grown in soil outdoors!!

So, try it you might enjoy it!!!:woohoo::abduct:Peace!!!

Looks like it was grown in soil? Sounds like a plan I need to try...

thanks for sharing this. glad i made it to this thread today...

:window:

Veg:
Pure Blend Pro Grow
Liquid Karma
Sweet
Hygrozyme
Hydrobact

Flowering:
Pure Blend Pro Bloom
Sweet
Liquid Karma
Hygrozyme
Hydrobact

What is hydroplex?

And should I also be using something like guardian angel or hydro guard??

I use regular tap water, so it's not necessary to use Cal Mag, right??

Hey PBP users! I have been using PBP for about 6 years after dissatisfaction with GH. I used to monitor the ppm, ph, res changes, etc, but have stopped after realizing how K.I.S.S. PBP is!

I only use PBP Bloom all the time. Small plants get 5ml/g. Veg gets 15ml/g. Bloom gets about 25-30ml/g. Sometimes I use additives but they come out gorgeous just like this. But if you want additives, Liquid Karma is great and any bud booster of your choice helps too. (one teaspoon = 5mL which I find easier to dispense)

Regular tap water, PBP keeps the PH about 6.5 solid. No ph drops no lockout no nute burn what is not to like!!

PPMs you can check em if you want but PBP is not like chem ferts that use salt- or mineral-based source nutrients. Organic source nutes cannot be measured accuratly with a ppm meter. With that said, with practice you can use the ppm meter like a rough guide but it's not super accurate like with chems.

I am just a hobbyist and do not work for any hydro company nor am I sponsored! Sorry no pics yet but I have been around the block a bit. :)

since i am a big fan of PBP and have never had happier healthier plants i figure i would chime in on this. i used GH flora series too and i seen so many people have good results, i hate the stuff and i tried lucas, label dose and another recipe, all i ever had were unstable PHand PPM, nute burns and deficiencies, and found myself with a new issue every week which led to a flush, within 10hours the PH would go from 5.5. to 7.0 and i would have salt everywhere. for my exact recipe i go.....

new rooted clones

10ml/gal PBP grow
5ml/gal Cal-Mag
10ML/gal Liquid Karma
8ML/gal Hygrozyme
First res is 900ppm but 500ppm of this is PBP grow, everything else is soft, LK wont harm your plants and that cal-mag doesnt add much ppm anyways

once growth starts going faster i go by judgment, my plants speak to me so i add only 5ml/gal of PBP grow and if i see a little yellowing depending on plant size i may have to up the cal-mag to 10ML/gal, but after first res i dont use LK

Mid size Veg
these numbers are bare minimums, strain dependant may want more food

15ml/gal PBP grow
5ml cal-mag
5ml sweet
8ml hygrozyme
keep in mind sweet is $70 a gallon plus PBP has raw cane sugar in it, so i dont use much of it yet, i kick it up a notch during larger veg max out at 10ml/gal, and i only use hygrozyme on res changeouts, i dont top of with it or addback, when i need to addback i do so at 25% of my original mix only if ppms go down, if ppms rise i use plain water.
ppm still around 900 but its like 700ppm of PBP the rest is soft stuff

by the time flower starts i would like to be at 1200ppm, i also run PBP grow for the first 2 weeks of bloom, its no biggie you can go with the bloom nutes as the NPK numbers are very similar, at this point its still strain dependant and may need 10ml/gal if they are heavy feeds, this cal-mag will prevent early yellowing

so we are at late veg (i go 4 weeks)

to get our 1200ppm we need

20ml PBP grow
atleast 5ml cal-mag
and 5 sweet

this is all interchangable, during flower you can go 25ml bloom and 10 callmag or 30bloom 5 cal-mag..regardless for the whole bloom cycle i like to run atleast 10ml of sweet, sweet has magnesium in it is will help you lay off the cal-mag if you like, my whole point is you can run your mixes in 5ml increments of each of the 3 different bottles and not harm your plants
****please note : calcium is an immoble element, this means it takes a while for it to travel through the plant, so if you are running R/O water or tap water less than 100ppm add atleast 5ml/gal of cal-mag, its easier to add it than to correct the calcium deficiency you cheap bastard! calcium starts at the edges of the serrated tips of the leaf looking like small rust spots, then works its way between the viens of the leaf towards the center vien, leaves will not recover. from my own exp. i know magnesium is an easier fix and leaves may or may not recover.
i did not include any bloom boosters because i dont think you need it, i always used cha ching at the6th week till 8th week with 9th week being flush week, i just recently incorperated beastie bloomz into the mix but i havent noticed any difference, to me cha ching seriously increases resin production, like NOTICABLY . botanicare is making a heavy push with Hydroplex, this is a 0-10-6 late flower bloom booster with gaurenteed analysis of micro nutrients at around $70/gal, i prefer the FF powders cus at 1/4 tsp they are much more economical and jesus! did i tell you how much resin cha chings adds? game changer!

B

Bud Bug

I just wing it. Add the food at around 400-500 PPM in the flower cycle and then top up the rest of the PPM with all the other additives. Just make sure I don't go too crazy 1400 ppm and set the ph at around 6-6.4

Never really had too many problems.

ya know at first i didnt want to buy this stuff cus PBP grow and bloom only had analysis of N-P-K ca and mag, no other micros. but this stuff is only half organic and half chem therefore they will not give a gaurentee of anything passed the afformentioned minerals, one thing is for sure, PBP grow comes with Humic, raw sugar cane, citric acid and silica...thats 3 different bottles to get if your into all that stuff, thats what put this stuff over the top for me. i run hydro and since using this stuff everything tastes soil grown if you can believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts