What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PBP or fox farm?

Floridian

Veteran
I used to use liquid karma until I realized my plants do just as well without that expensive shit.I used it for a few years though.How about Bcuzz is that how its spelled.Another waste of money.Now Mycorrzae is some good shit.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I remember when b cuzz came out ..I went to their facility and got free samples....yeehaw...they gave me a short tour and a box of goodies...nice folks but not a line I use..personally I like earth juice best then pbp...I do have ff grow and bloom too but use it on other plants

LostTribe

Premium user
LostTribe - do you use that every watering or do you alternate that feeding with waterings? I usually water 4 days a week and end up doing a full nute mix like you listed, then a plain watering, then a LK / Calmag watering, then plain watering, then back to full nutes next week and start it over again. Also, why do you stop LK in week 3?

I am currently in hydroton running this line in container ebb flo's. In soil I use these mixes twice a week and plain ph'd ro water the rest of the time when they need water.

In soil Nitrogen has a tendency to build up so I cut down on it about half way through plus I get a weird taste if i run the LK too long with all the sea solids it seems. I tried using it all the way through and did not like the results. I have some php soil bloom that I want to try out the last 2 weeks in my hydroton next try. It is best for soil due to the lower nitrogen and higher PK ratios.

I get alot quicker vegg times with dwc which i transplant so I havent used in years. No more lugging around soil although I go through alot more water now.

LostTribe

Premium user
I remember when b cuzz came out ..I went to their facility and got free samples....yeehaw...they gave me a short tour and a box of goodies...nice folks but not a line I use..personally I like earth juice best then pbp...I do have ff grow and bloom too but use it on other plants

I am all for FF ocean forest as a soil amendment and agree that Earth Juice in soil is far superior to PBP. I miss that stuff its great!

Floridian

Veteran
Well today is water day and I've been too busy to exchange my fert,my supply house is too cool but a half hour away.I guess I'll finish this run with tiger bloom.Not next time.I love mixes.I use 2 parts ocean forest and 1 part roots for a good soil mix that needs no perlite because roots has that covered.Wonder how a 50 50 of PBP bloom and earth juice would be.Caution I may become stupid if I think too much lol

Latest posts

Latest posts