What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pax Mini experiences? Or alternatives?

goingrey

Anyone used one?

How is the vapor? How is the battery life?

I'm curious because it kinda looks like those disposable vapes all the children are puffing. Which are possibly also illegal because of the flavorings, not quite sure, but socially acceptable to a degree that no one seems to care even in many public indoor spaces...

Or are there any alternatives in with a similar form factor? Preferably something that would use just a standard charging cable not a weird magnetic thing.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I got a reg pax 3 and I didn't care for it. The mouthpiece and vaporizer got way too hot for me. Plus you have to have a smartphone app to raise and lower the heat. It worked and I used it for a while, but I gave mine away. The mini pax is even smaller and may get too hot too. If you get one get one to try out please report back to us so we will know too. Thanks for the post friend.

I Care

Loved the Ploom I got back forever ago. I would get hot too though so it was kind of a one and done thing. No good if you want to pack consecutively, but was great for me until it was likely stolen by my old roommate. If still use the thing if I had it.

The way the oven worked, it was somewhat of a commitment once fired it up. I would start it on low and take a few tips. Then when I would come back to it I would set it to high to burn up whatever was left inside.

If’s not a good every day go to but my Ploom was awesome for rental cars, public places, wind and rain where you really can’t really burn.

goingrey

I got a reg pax 3 and I didn't care for it. The mouthpiece and vaporizer got way too hot for me. Plus you have to have a smartphone app to raise and lower the heat. It worked and I used it for a while, but I gave mine away. The mini pax is even smaller and may get too hot too. If you get one get one to try out please report back to us so we will know too. Thanks for the post friend.
You can't change the temperature at all on the Pax Mini so no need for an app.

Getting too hot would be a concern. They seem to be built the same but the mini has a smaller oven, not sure if that makes a difference.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I have owned, probably 100 vapes. Maybe more. Each one is different in it's own way. Depends on your needs.

Size, battery life, amount of vapor, type of draw, etc, etc.

Right now, I cycle through 4 or 5 a day. I start with my Pax3 except I modified the mouthpiece. Then, the Flowermate Slick comes out. After that, I can breath a little better and I bring out the Boundless CFX for the big hits. Later I hit my good old ArGo from Arizer.

I just bought the new Arizer EQ. Not bad but plug-in vapes don't work for me. I don't sit in one place all day like some people do.

I vape in the morning because I have trouble breathing. After I can breath, I switch to joints.

Good luck choosing.

Attachments

• paxmouthpiece.jpg
    paxmouthpiece.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 15

goingrey

I have owned, probably 100 vapes. Maybe more. Each one is different in it's own way. Depends on your needs.

Size, battery life, amount of vapor, type of draw, etc, etc.

Right now, I cycle through 4 or 5 a day. I start with my Pax3 except I modified the mouthpiece. Then, the Flowermate Slick comes out. After that, I can breath a little better and I bring out the Boundless CFX for the big hits. Later I hit my good old ArGo from Arizer.

I just bought the new Arizer EQ. Not bad but plug-in vapes don't work for me. I don't sit in one place all day like some people do.

I vape in the morning because I have trouble breathing. After I can breath, I switch to joints.

Good luck choosing.
Ok so you have options but still use the Pax 3 that's a good sign I guess.

I have a Tinymight 2 for microdosing and a Volcano Hybrid for larger amounts and am very happy with both for home use. But am looking for something more nicotine vape looking for public use...

sajesak

Anyone used one?

How is the vapor? How is the battery life?

I'm curious because it kinda looks like those disposable vapes all the children are puffing. Which are possibly also illegal because of the flavorings, not quite sure, but socially acceptable to a degree that no one seems to care even in many public indoor spaces...

Or are there any alternatives in with a similar form factor? Preferably something that would use just a standard charging cable not a weird magnetic thing. 신용카드 현금화
Anyone had any experience of these? Specifically looking at the shallower variety for a sliding door unit say 150w x 201h x 44d for a small bedroom.

Just wondering about general rebustness, and also if the shallower unit is actually practical and deep enough for hanging clothes on rails and drawer depth etc?

I'm slightly confused as it appears the actual cupboard is just 35cm deep? Surely the sliding doors don't add on 9cm?

goingrey

Anyone had any experience of these? Specifically looking at the shallower variety for a sliding door unit say 150w x 201h x 44d for a small bedroom.

Just wondering about general rebustness, and also if the shallower unit is actually practical and deep enough for hanging clothes on rails and drawer depth etc?

I'm slightly confused as it appears the actual cupboard is just 35cm deep? Surely the sliding doors don't add on 9cm?
LOL seems you are talking about the IKEA Pax closet not the Pax Mini vaporizer.

That's fine though lol.. Don't go with the 50cm x 35cm one, that's just silly, get the 50cm x 58cm one instead.

Anyway I have bought the Pax Mini vaporizer but have to pee in a cup on Monday so won't be testing it until then.

Hasch

learning and laughing
That's fine though lol.. Don't go with the 50cm x 35cm one, that's just silly, get the 50cm x 58cm one instead.
Or the 100 x 58 (x 236) like I did.
Then there's some room to take care of the plants and one can even try more vigorous sativas 😁

goingrey

The bigger the better, sure.

If the 150W you're planning to use is a HPS don't get an integrated model with everything built in but one with an external ballast that you can take out of the cab. The bulb and reflector alone won't weigh much and clothes rack will easily carry the weight. Also this way some of the heat will be outside the cab. If it's a LED then it won't weigh or heat up the cab much anyway.

Last edited:

goingrey

So I have tried it and basically it is a low temperature vape. Doesn't quite extract everything but the hits you get taste really nice. Using it is discreet and very pocketable. This is my initial impression. Oh and it does not get too hot.