What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PATRIOT ACT 2: FBI SUBPOENAS WITHOUT A COURT

G

Yeah, things would be so much better now with codified and institutionalized slavery. Great option.

:rolleyes:

G

Televisions must be owned and operated to have any impact on you and This citizen isn't tracked by a cell phone (these too must be owned and operated to affect you in any way). It is sad that so much time, money and effort is spent to scare us and track our actions once we live in fear. The Powers that Be want to control everything to make us fit in the typical American "mold" (you know the one-beer guzzling Mc Donalds craving I can't see it from My House can't think for myself fossil fuel wasting automaton).

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
this is when I turn around and say hey "BUSh use some KY-Jelly If your gonna come at me like that" damn let me strip your rights and you say ok hahha.

radars

You have to realise the international effect of these bills too. Being Australian, ive been looking in on America closely now over the last few years watching these events. You wont find out about such things as the Patriot Act via commercial media, but thankfully there is alot of non-commercial media here and its supported by a large proportion of the population.
You have no rights and more are continually taken from you. Your made to fear your neighbours and label foreignours Thats how we see you. Your gov is capable of acting on its own, while its actions may appear to be dictated by fear, its their drive to be the ONLY power which causes it. Why induce fear on a population, it will just lead to more irrational behaviour. Take a look at your own country, its a fucking mess. You have huge health and education system problems. Massive unemployment and crime.

When we see your Gov having no respect for its own ppl, we see it as a danger to this planet as we know it will have no respect for us.

Heres a simple demand from your Gov....everybody has the right to an education be it secondary or tertiary (college?), this should not be profit driven, but considered a simple right of every person.

The Monolith

these circumstances were inevitable.technology has caused this orwellian nightmare. the US is no longer a country its a corporate empire. with complete influential control over congress and the supreme court, the bush administration has successfully enforced any agenda( minus schiavo) it has encountered. very shady but orchestrated well. as long as america is imperialistic, corrupt capitalist...

*(not capitalist but corrupt capitalist, a free market is beneficial to the majority
of people, but corruption sours capitalism and creates what i like to call a "dark market" or "oppressed market". small business ventures are nearly becoming obsolete. or in a sense pointless. globalization or rather "americanization", through an overwhelming display of media propaganda has the majority of the populous reading what it wants, watching what it wants, DOING what it wants... the only way to preserve the closest thing to a democracy is to be DEMOCRATIC. VOTE!! )

... and attempting to maintain its dillusional status,and quest as a lone superpower on this finite and ( relative to other things) small planet, its decline or separation is certain. history has told us that. Nazi germany, rome, england, france, egypt,china the list goes on through the history of civilization.

there is one race, and that is the human race.
god bless earth

striving for peace, knowledge and justice
the legendary monolith

G

organicmechanic said:
Is it right to pack up and leave the good ol' USA if you disagree with our gov't? OR, should you stay and fight for what you believe in. Ask yourself that question. Prohibition was repealed

Sorry, been there, done that. I fought for what I believe in in Viet Nam 1964-1969. You want me to fight for the rest of my life? We got home and were condemned as baby killers. We bought into the current administration propaganda that it was the pariotic thing to do - then the country turned their back on us and labelled us as rebels, unwanted americans - by denying agent orange and any other military connected disability claim because it was not a "war". It differed from Iraq how? NOW we have heros and decorations for the same things we did in that "police action." Man, I can't count the number of great things that can keep us here any more. Leave? Damn right it's an option - one more and more patriots are examining a little closer.

Dramajic

The Patriot Act has nothing to do with terrorism. It has everything to do with controling the population using a back door approach. If you are not a Right Wing, Christian conservative Republican, and avid Bush and Iraq War supportor, you are the enemy. And it helps if you get your news from Fox and Rush Lumbago

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

G

growit1234

Caprichoso, you present a typical response that you believe to be true based on the propaganda you have been subject to. If you would do some research you would realize that the War against Northern Aggression had little to do with slavery. The institution of slavery was only encouraged by the super rich and not by the average southerner. Regardless the outcome of the war, the slaves would have been freed. If you knew anything about southern tradition you would know that a true southerner takes pride in doing his own work. It builds character. The war was instead fought over the difference of opinion between north and south about how the government should function. The north wanted a strong government with numerous rules and regulations in order to assure control over the masses. The south wanted the countries laws to be diverse throughout the states, so one could choose a state within the U.S. that agreed with his personal beliefs. The north invaded the south for not conforming to the evil empire that now rules our country.

So Caprichoso, and anyone else who has misconceptions about the Confederacy, ask yourself if the southerners fighting for their independence was really any different than the fight Americans are having in regaining our personal freedoms.

G

growit1234

Apparently to some people ignorance is bliss…

But there is a reason why Jefferson Davis’ tombstone reads:

“At Rest An American Soldier And Defender of the Constitution”

Educate yourself

“It is better to weep with wise men than to laugh with fools”

I just love how when you try to discuss this topic with people they always brush it off as the paranoia speaking. "Oh, that could never happen, you're just being paranoid." Dipshits.

guineapig

Veteran
"guineapigs are born free yet everywhere they are in chains"

"remember you were once a slave in the land of egypt"

G

The Civil War was all about Federal Rights(North) VS. States Rights(South)

The Patriot Act is nothing but a way for our Civil Liberties to be taken away. The Republican and Conservative ideology or theology as I prefer to say is all about an "us vs. everyone else who doesn't believe in our ideology is an enemy". Basically if you disagree with the war or the current administration you are an enemy of the state and unpatriotic. Which couldn't be further far from the truth in most cases and is not remotely associated with democratic ideology.

Last edited:

Dramajic

Why do these American people stand in line to surrender their civil liberties in persuit of a little security? They seem to want their personal civil rights and more. Sadly, they want to deny these to their fellow citizens. There is always some behavior that they find objectionable (e.g., gays, pot smokers, beer drinkers, etc.) and are hell bent on passing laws to restrict these behaviors. I wonder if Americans deserve what has been bestowed upon them.

I think they should have paid more attention in civics class.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Dramajic said:
Why do these American people stand in line to surrender their civil liberties in persuit of a little security? They seem to want their personal civil rights and more. Sadly, they want to deny these to their fellow citizens. There is always some behavior that they find objectionable (e.g., gays, pot smokers, beer drinkers, etc.) and are hell bent on passing laws to restrict these behaviors. I wonder if Americans deserve what has been bestowed upon them.

I think they should have paid more attention in civics class.

Isnt that the same class where they teach you not to lump everyone together for the actions of the few? Now if its not too much trouble I must go queue in for the daily removal of my civil rights.