What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Past lives?

BruceBanner

Problem of evil and god

Epicurean paradox :

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
-----
Better to not think in terms of evil
And best not to talk about god here
Back to past lives.

Have you heard of free will given to mankind? If there was no free will given, then we would be God's slaves in a negative way, and wouldn't be able to be made in a God's picture as godlike...
This stage we are in is like some sort of test, what are we going to choose and be...
About other things like born disabled or similar, no one has an answer to that, but the thing is this life is literary just a blink of an eye according to eternity.

Last edited:

hermdog

Preaching some violence there, friend.
Enlightenment really refers to perception.
If a man claims enlightenment, and in most ways you see him living an honorable life, let the man live.

Ganghis, it was that writing there that made me agnostic, and stay that way for a long time.

I supposed my most succinct description of my ideas are, that with evolution being true, that also means there's going to be variations through the generations that don't perform as well as the phenos that happen to be performing best and excelling most.
It's mankind's best thinkers and problems solvers that we all follow behind and reap the benefits of their imagination and planning.

In a very simply put fashion, you could say the worst of mankind are just the sort of being that have roots that choke the flowers of our species.

With all the complexities of life and the universe, I get left this nagging question, who/what thought up this existence for us.
I won't rest on it being simulation, simply because we have advanced computers now.
Thinking of a persona that is like a man, that understand how only to help creation along, whether or not life confuses us, evolution alone has us pointed toward knowing and becoming more advanced than we are today.
We are clearly a very special force within the universe.

As to what Bruce mentioned.

If when God reproduced himself it were in an instant and there was no process of growth and weeding out negative aspects.
Then i suppose the greatness of what existing can be, would just replicate perfect selves over and over instantly.
Really, I think that is what is happening, perfection of being is replicating itself, but in time, we are seeing the process well before what we are becomes peaceful as a unit.

BruceBanner

lol who is violent, me that would punch that awful little maggot in the face so he sees his "god", or he who deceives people, brainwashing them with his mumbo jumbo, putting them on a false path and takes big money for that?!
I thought you understand some things...

I'm out of this thread, have said all what's need to be said.

hermdog

In my opinion why the word evil is important is.
An animal's behavior can be good, and it can be very bad.
But it's man that can meditate on doing bad, and when a man begins to take pleasure in causing harm, that's when bad things ought to be labeled evil.

There are benevolent actions and thoughts that are bad, but not necessarily serious enough to constitute the serious term of evil.
Shoplifting from a massive corporation, not paying a bill on time.
These things cause disruption, but no one ought to be condemned for what is often more or less out of desperation and means more good to the perpetrator than the dishonesty and harm done to the victim. The bible only mentions of thieves, take heed in this wisdom and support yourself with your hands. (actions)

Society ought have clear descriptions of what evil is.
Our politics and current place in time in the world make seeing white and black difficult.
Spiritually though, we're individuals.
We need to play into, follow and make way for the people trying to make a difference, and give the finger to the titans of material wealth.

Brother, I'm being honest, you are speaking on causing harm to someone, and only because the man believes and lives differently than you. Where in the bible or any spiritual writings does it say, do harm to those that do not share my opinions?

Christ certainly didn't go around knocking heads of the people around him to get them to understand what he offered, nor did Buddha.

Everything I try and communicate is about taking the paths towards being at peace with self and one another.
Anger toward a man you've never even spoken to is energy misused, and misguided.

The way in which you measure/judge another comes back to you.
This is the trouble Christians have always found themselves in.

The code of conduct throughout the bible is not always clear.
What is entirely clear to me is, it is man's judgment of each other that leads to violence and retardation of social and physical progress through the generations.

To disagree with someone violently, it only opens you to having the same measure used against you.
Meaning if someone decides what you communicate deserves a punch to the face, then by your measure of others, karma will come back rightfully upon you.
This thinking escalates to the point we all clearly see, when a man thinks, if someone disagrees with my view they should die.

Continued violence is blind leading blind.
A church divided will not stand.

BruceBanner

He is a false prophet and he is aware of that, that maggot is just up to taking money, like majority of false prophets are, but that's not the problem, the problem is that he brainwashes people, and that harm you are talking about that I would do to him, that's no harm in a slightest way, that could be just healing for him... and I just said that because I'm pissed of those bogus crap deceptionists, I wouldn't lay a hand on that filthy weak maggot in real life, although, as I said, it maybe do him good...

About that "turn the other cheek" topic or "only good can beat evil", that's another story and too complex to speak about in this thread, it's even too complex for me to speak about that on my own language.

hermdog

Anyone read the Sophia of Christ, supposedly a text found in upper Egypt 50-200 year A.D.?
http://gnosis.org/naghamm/sjc.html
It's so much more psychedelic than revelation in the bible, and that's already a trip trying to wrap ones head around and even just imagine the premises being described.
This so called Wisdom of Christ book though, it to me went really in depth with the idea of just what the creator God consists of.

http://gnosis.org/naghamm/sjc.html

Brother, turn the other cheek means, being willing to take abuse in the name of non violence. (Take up your own cross)
This is one reason Gandhi loved the stories of Christ but did not care for the Christians he had met, they do not practice what the Lord did and said.

You've been the single, only poster in this thread to speak on violence being a spiritual virtue.
Please, let's refrain from speaking on given reasons for taking physical action against others.

hermdog

There's a time for war, too.
But the pain in the ass is, who's carrying the big stick and telling you to lead the charge?
With the world being fucked, there's those in fear, and those standing idle.
You can tell assholes and the hell they bring near to take a hike and still walk like a man that won't let those weakest around him enter early graves and live in shame and poverty.

Genghis Kush

Have you heard of free will given to mankind? If there was no free will given, then we would be God's slaves in a negative way, and wouldn't be able to be made in a God's picture as godlike...
This stage we are in is like some sort of test, what are we going to choose and be...
About other things like born disabled or similar, no one has an answer to that, but the thing is this life is literary just a blink of an eye according to eternity.

If god knows everything than there can be no free will because that means all events already happened .

If there is free will then god does not know the future and is not in complete control and is not all knowing .

I tend to think free will might be an illusion and so is god

BruceBanner

If god know everything than there can be no free will.

If there is free will then god does not know the future and is not in complete control and is not all knowing .

I tend to think free will might be an illusion

Wrong, it seems you don't understand the basics.

hermdog

What is the maneuver around a demon's trap then?
Foresight, will power....?
Drinking liquor and poisoning yourself? Willpower
Thoughts of depression or self harm? Willpower, you have to want to see life
Thoughts and actions of anger towards people that have not taken action against you?
Will your self, and instead spend time taking in the bible to see that, violence is not a teaching tool, it's a tool of coercion.

It's why torture rarely works, most people will say what they think they want you to hear in order for the pain to stop.

In other words, You would rather have the people around you only say to you things you want to hear, like a bunch of politicians, stroking you off, saying what keeps you happy so you don't get up and strike out.

Eye for an eye?

No bells?

hermdog

As far as free will goes.
Even if God knows exactly what you are going to do in your life time, fact is you don't and none of us do.
The way you test your free will is, you understand what exists in reality, all the variables available are free for you to use to your liking.
How is this not freedom?

If all the ways of feeling and perception exists, than everything that exists is for you to take in and understand.

This is why believing God is Love is important to the Abrahamic religions.
It means then, at least with in free will, I can always try and feel love in my existence every day, and with will, I can let hatred and anger out of my life.
Enlightenment and a desire for peace makes for a relaxing life, no matter how much one works or does every day.

Make a desire in your life for things to get better where you want them to, see them through and look back on how far you went in time.
Progress is what makes life worth living and why stagnant water lacks oxygen.

BruceBanner

Now you are going into extreme, that's infantile.

If you are so spiritually high level, than it's not a problem for you, when a violent scum attacks you to turn another cheek, but I'm not on a such a level. When some bully attacks me, I'm defending myself so he doesn't destroy me, because in majority of situations, only language such lowlife understand is punching back / defence, but as I said, if you are so high, respect!

I was also in jail because of selfdefense, and now I know better, I'm gonna run away if that's an option. But one thing I have to tell you, that dudes that attacked me without a reason in the street, I doubt that they have continued to do so, at least one guy that I have later seen in a club, he got big with bodybuilding, but as he has seen me, altough I was smaller than him, he turned his sight fast and pretended that he didn't see me.

hermdog

Genghis, I'm not sure any logic we apply to existence can be simple.
Sure, many true answers to life's mysteries turn out simple.
But, in whole, the explanation for all of this is what none of us can write, that's the hidden truth, God is too complex to understand in full.

I hear from buddhist teachers often, it's okay to be confused.
And that is what evolution is.
There's something that confuses all of us in life.
And that's a purpose for life, to understand what confuses you better and better.

hermdog

My life and family has had much violence, friend.
My heart has tired of it, and so has my mind.
The last place I want to speak on is this in a thread about the past and dreams.
In my life I've stood in front of guns, and i've stood before live fires to save a home and others lives.
Life and death are quite frightening, but I've learned in my own being that, every time I have thought I was saying goodbye, I passed each test with flying colors.
No bullets were shot through me, the fires didn't consume, and I managed to learn to love the person I was.

I'm saying there's virtue in living life without the fear of those like snakes and scorpions.
You changed the subject from premeditating attacking another man and spiritual seeker, to assuming the position of a man attacked and what you would do.

Do what I do, assume when life is going to get difficult and violent that you will come out on the other side stronger and safer than you were before.
And if you die standing up for love and protection, you died a man on his feet.

hermdog

You aren't understanding that, if the best possible outcomes are in fact 'possible'.
Then why wouldn't what created us want us to not choose to figure out what gives us all the most possible freedoms as people?

Why, why. would we have a God that wants us to never figure out how to stop living in endless hate and learn to exist and let one other being individuals and not always barking in someone else's direction, looking for a fight.

I'm quiet in my personal life, when there's peace, maintain it, when there's chaos, overwhelm it with positive energy.

hermdog

If a man claims to see reality for all that it is, and comes back with the conclusion that existence is all for not.
What light is it that the man has witnessed in order to draw his conclusion?
Is it that enlightenment is a massive scale with no end, and that some men of some enlightenment believe the modicum of new found depth of understanding has revealed to him the whole picture?

That was harsh, but there is my personal understanding of the imagination I wish to convey. That if you can imagine the best possible outcome of humanity, it's because in the future it's already happened.

Some of us can see much farther forward than others, why, who know's other than you can suppose it's a gift to the seer and those that can also come to understand.
The more you believe in what's good and best for the people around you before allowing self to fall victim to believing the bigger picture is that of a hopeless, pained, all for naught.
The sooner we can live in that future of sustained peace.

There are levels of seeing, distance in sight are increased with keeping an eye on your own sphere of influence.
Can you help more than hender?
Than everyone of health is capable.

I claim personally to have caught those glimpses into humanities egos all ascending into peace eventually.
My pangs of only seeing the current and persistent reality drained me, I thought I'd have to practice Zen farther or give up.

I wouldn't except how far i was seeing, and what I was capable of.
Everyone can pray and say from their heart, if you feel within you that life isn't fair and all you can see is darkness around each corner. You ask for further sight and wisdom to understand the context, and you legitimately receive it.

I went through years of Eastern study and practice, I found I still wasn't getting it all, no questions answered, just poeticized ideals of the shortcomings of belonging to the human race.

Belief and faith in your own and those around you best outcomes to their troubles and dreams. it's the path shown that leads us to understanding how to not draw or cause ire with one another.

An organism fighting it's self.
How ridiculous does that sound, especially for the top of the food chain, and only being to evidently exist like us.

Organisms fighting themselves, is also how we understand how to program diseases and viruses into defeating itself within our bodies.

Thoughts perpetuate reality.
Truly if someone's view of mankind is one of reconciliation in the future, they are only forward thinking.
Take into your mind the idea that it's more likely than not history will stop repeating itself.

Think of it.
If you die wrong, and pass away thinking you missed humanity coming together.
At least in the dream of reality, you didn't stop to bother dwelling where there was darkness, but you were a lamp post, until it was time to go out, and not a mirror into the void.

We can rest in peace before we die, you know?
It isn't written, it has to be your personal view that you are brighter than whatever is causing shadows to cast over peace.

Last edited:

hermdog

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2016/12/rhythm-of-breathing-affects-memory-and-fear/

A scientific study on how during inhalation through the nose rapidly, judgement of others outward facial emotions becomes more acute.
The mental clarity of known mental and physical meditations is becoming documented science.
Yes, I'm pushing my personal ideal narrative hard.
It's all in love, though.
I believe it was meant to be peace, just because it's not yet sustained, why wouldn't it be wanted and seen through.
Has any other animal ever made it's self extinct?
What gives the idea that humans reach some point where what progress we've made, the universe decides to recycle us and make us start over?
As if the universe has some limit on us evolving and implosion occurs.

In space and time, threats are space debris, making our planet uninhabitable, or all out war, why dwell on those instead of the 99% of every other train of thought in life that could be meditated on.
So many feel they have little power, what was it that was taken away, that can't be mended or reclaimed?

Genghis Kush

Bhavatu sabba-maṅgalaṃ
Rakkhantu sabba-devatā
May there be every blessing.
May all heavenly beings protect you.

If the past present and future exist all in the moment than any choices you make are predetermined. All the possible "futures" are already there. They all exist simultaneously side by side in a grand illusion.

God, time, people , the universe are all an illusion that is born from emptiness . Nothing "exists" outside the egos manifestations.

--------

"Naming is the origin
of all particular things."

"Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding."

"Each separate being in the universe
returns to the common source.
Returning to the source is serenity.

If you don't realize the source,